Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? (1133 Views)

How Do Go About Building A Database Management System For My Church? / Retrieving/selecting A Particular Number Of Random Rows From A Database Table / Connecting To A Database Using Visual Basic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by charliebiz(m): 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2009
Pls how do I forward an e-mail automatically into a database? I have a datbase I am creating and I want to forward e-mails to it.

I would have loved to create a form and have the details of the form sent to the datbase directly but cant. SO i need a way to forward the details I receive from these e-mails into a Database.
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2009
You at least have to have a way of connecting to the database through some module that recieves the email and the writes the data to specified table(tables in the database). How do you recieve these emails? ie. where are the emails coming from?
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by yawatide(f): 5:14am On Mar 04, 2009
I would have loved to create a form and have the details of the form sent to the datbase directly but cant.

Let's back up a bit - what does the above mean? "Can't" because you don't know how to code it OR "Can't" because of web host limitations?

Do tell please.
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by dammytosh: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Let's back up a bit - what does the above mean? "Can't" because you don't know how to code it OR "Can't" because of web host limitations?
Do tell please.
i support the above statement cos nothing could be easier than using a form . So wat is the "Can't" all about.

but meanwhile, to receive a mail and forward it into the database, u need to write a program that can speak to the smtp server that the mail will be sent to , validate ur credentials and get the mails before u can store a copy of the mail in your database.
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by charliebiz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2009
Not that i don't know how to do it but i want to use the email route. When the mails are sent to my mail box, it sends it to the database which makes a comparism of an earlier sent message and give the sender a feedback in his email or a download link.
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
You have a database with tables. When email is sent via smtp, is it already being stored in your database? Or is it the case that you want to route the message to your database? Can you please try to explain better? By the way, what technology are you using here?
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by Afam(m): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2009
I believe emails are usually stored in databases from where you retrieve them.

You can use forward to an outside email address to forward incoming emails to another email address.

If you are using PHP, the native mail function can send email on any PHP enabled server.

You can also create an insert transaction or operation on your database of choice.

Unless of course you don't know what to do contrary to your claim on your last post there is no issue here that cannot be sorted out easily.
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by charliebiz(m): 2:12pm On Mar 05, 2009
i want it to be automatically routed into the database, that is if somebody sends a message to the email it goes to the database automatically, instead of the email address.
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by yawatide(f): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2009
hmmm, I am beginning to think this is overkill but what do I know? undecided
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2009
charliebiz:

i want it to be automatically routed into the database, that is if somebody sends a message to the email it goes to the database automatically, instead of the email address.
You failed to mention what technology you are using. You can write a WindowsService that listens for (intercepts) incoming emails, and then writes them to your custom database.  Here is a link to code that could potentially help with all you need in this case
http://www.codeproject.com/kb/IP/POP3ClientByChadZHower.aspx
Re: Please How Do I Forward E-mails Into A Database? by ade2kay(m): 8:15am On Mar 06, 2009
This guy (charliebiz) is still a big novice.

He should learn how to connect his web form to the database first and not bug people's minds with how to forward emails to databases.

His recent posts are still on beginner-level bugs, Please charliebiz, use your brain more, and dont bug our minds.

You'd be surprised he cant even use 0.1 of all the suggestions here.

The guy just wants to learn how to submit form entries into the database, and he should go ahead to learn that, nobody can think for you Mr charliebiz wink

(1) (Reply)

Learn C++ & Java Programming / Can Anyone Help On AT Commands / Php Date Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.