Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? (13721 Views)

11 Female Struggles Girls Go Through That Men Will Never Understand / 9 Struggles Men Go Through Ladies Will Never Understand / Only Introverts Will Understand These (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 10:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

and who says men aren't smarter overall? of course, the smartest person in this world would be a man - that does not mean you will not find hundreds of millions of women that are smarter than men.

the primordial existence also backs the man to be the smarter being. God said that much when He cursed eve. He said because eve allowed herself to be deceived by a stranger(serpent), her love would always be for her husband and he shall rule over her.

God was convinced the serpent would never have been able to deceive adam. adam had spent a considerable length of time alone before eve was made & no serpent bothered him. why did the devil choose eve? because the devil was sure the woman is intellectually vulnerable. grin

case closed!

Ok if so, then I agree, Men are by virtue smarter/wiser and hence women ought to submit to her man, regardless of what her qualification is in life, no one cares, lol

God knows best. cool
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

that is if we assume the wife chose carefully to marry an intelligent husband. if he's a dullard, she would not submit to him. grin

That wouldn't be the man's problem, it'd be hers grin
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 10:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
teambuck2u:

Mbanu. Ka m gote the whole farm sef cool cool
Anugo'm di.

In another life, perhaps?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Adult relationships do not require anyone to bow down to them. Your fellow human being is seen as an equal.
Takes maturity though to achieve this trait.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 10:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Anugo'm di.

In another life, perhaps?

Hehehe. I'll catch you. Gotta be up early tomorrow. See ya around, yammy. tongue
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 10:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
teambuck2u:

Hehehe. I'll catch you. Gotta be up early tomorrow. See ya around, yammy. tongue
See ya.

I have one of the hottest legs you'll ever see. #believe
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:
@Coogar, you say women argue their points with 'my intuition told me, bla bla.' What about men nko that argue with the line 'I'm the man/head, so he feels he's making sense' grin without providing any cogent reasons for his decisions? cheesy

this is one thing men have over women.
they would still argue - even if the points hardly make sense, his superiority mentality kicks into life & he would defend himself in the face of adversity. we are not even saying his points should make sense, it's as long as you buy it. grin if he's convincing, his decision should hold. cool

women on the other hand rarely argue to convince. they just want you to take their points on face value. no logic, no points. it's just intuition, pastor said, mother said, past experience of neighbours or relatives i have never met.

who will buy such crap?
a woman does not need to even be accurate to sway me. she just needs to convince me that she knows what she's talking about. so bluffing her way through it suits me just fine! grin

You know how our parents argue with the line 'I am your mother/father, don't argue with me' nonsense. Most people do stuff like that when they know they are losing an argument.

i am your father/mother still has a bit of substance. it means they are older, which means they should naturally be wiser & more experienced. what substance does the woman have over her hubby? most women married older partners, wiser partners & more experienced partners so she has nothing to bargain with.

and that intuition nonsense peeves me like crazy!

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by teambuck2u: 10:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
freecocoa:
See ya.

I have one of the hottest legs you'll ever see. #believe

You should know I like hot yams wink wink
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

this is one thing men have over women.
they would still argue - even if the points hardly make sense, his superiority mentality kicks into life & he would defend himself in the face of adversity. we are not even saying his points should make sense, it's as long as you buy it. grin if he's convincing, his decision should hold. cool

women on the other hand rarely argue to convince. they just want you to take their points on face value. no logic, no points. it's just intuition, pastor said, mother said, past experience of neighbours or relatives i have never met.

who will buy such crap?
a woman does not need to even be accurate to sway me. she just needs to convince me that she knows what she's talking about. so bluffing her way through it suits me just fine! grin

i am your father/mother still has a bit of substance. it means they are older, which means they should naturally be wiser & more experienced. what substance does the woman have? most women married older partners, wiser partners & more experienced partners so she has nothing to bargain with.

and that intuition nonsense peeves me like crazy!

If the intuition bit peeves you like crazy, you really do not want to know how ranting about being a man without providing reasons why your way is better irritates my brains. And it is under the principle of submission such behaviors exist. Submission requires that he doesn't have to give you an explanation why his way is better afterall he is superior and you are to bow to it. wink

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by cococandy(f): 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Your friend sha.

Pls tell her to stop disturbing your ears preaching what she doesn't do.

That's what I would do.
babygirlfl:

The bolded is so true. Reminds me of one of my friends who claims to submit to her husband. Yet when he wanted them to move back to Nigeria, she vehemently refused. When they wanted to build a house, the husband wanted it to be in the village but she refused and said it should be built in a city near the village. These are the two instances of the two big decision I know and on both occasions, she had a say and they still live in the UK and are currently building in a city. So you can tell for yourself whose decision they took. To my darling friend, she is submissive. If I go with her definition of submission. I would be much more submissive than her grin grin grin. I have since concluded that it is one of those things people do as the please and not as they say.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:

If the intuition bit peeves you like crazy, you really do not want to know how ranting about being a man without providing reasons why your way is better irritates my brains. And it is under the principle of submission such behaviors exist. Submission requires that he doesn't have to give you an explanation why his way is better afterall he is superior and you are to bow to it. wink

before you got here.....
he asked you out, you agreed to date him. after many months or years, he proposed and you accepted his proposal. even on the wedding day, you were given an opportunity by the officiating pastor. "stillfire, do you accept mr.X as your hubby?" you answered affirmatively!

if his way isn't & hasn't always been better - how did you become his wife?? grin cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

Ok if so, then I agree, Men are by virtue smarter/wiser and hence women ought to submit to her man, regardless of what her qualification is in life, no one cares, lol

God knows best. cool
undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:

This is where the emphasis lie ,which coogar initially didn't want to understand,but rather excuse it with intelligence as the determining factor and some dull wolly headed woman seconded as the yardstick as if God whispered to her,that is the only reason ...

A man is accorded with precedence of the virtues of life before such can be returned back to the wife, submissiveness as a virtue comes before "Love" gratitude and what not.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
cococandy:
undecided undecided

Madam, I am not the one that dropped a sac of sh!t in your front to warrant you knitting your brows at me,

Got a better point than your facial expression to bring forth ?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
coogar:

before you got here.....
he asked you out, you agreed to date him. after many months or years, he proposed and you accepted his proposal. even on the wedding day, you were given an opportunity by the officiating pastor. "stillfire, do you accept mr.X as your hubby?" you answered affirmatively!

if his way isn't & hasn't always been better - how did you become his wife?? grin cheesy

Don't bring me into this o. I don already post my behavioural pattern on the opening page. cheesy
Relationships can exist without the submission principle. I mean if we look at the statistics atheists marriages survive better than christian marriages. What does that tell you? You do not need to apply the submission principle to have a successful marriage. My relationship understands that both parties have equal, legitimate rights. It has served me so far in my relationship.
Submission requires that the wife be silent and yield to authority. Simple English. Every other thing is no more submission.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

This is where the emphasis lie ,which coogar initially didn't want to understand,but rather excuse it with intelligence as the determining factor and some dull wolly headed woman seconded as the yardstick as if God whispered to her,that is the only reason ...

A man is accorded with precedence of the virtues of life before such can be returned back to the wife, submissiveness as a virtue comes before "Love" gratitude and what not.

Mr Man, I hope you don't think I'm in support of you sha. Nothing comes before love as a christian. The foundation of Christianity is LOVE!

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And there's no need to insult anybody here.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:

Mr Man, I hope you don't think I'm in support of you sha. Nothing comes before love as a christian. The foundation of Christianity is LOVE!

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And there's no need to insult anybody here.

My point stems from your statement @bold, and we are talking from a marital point of view regarding submissiveness, so except you're the one missing the point not me, I am very well in line with what I opined, contrary to your opinion,you made a point for me lol

And I haven't insulted anyone here. Thank you.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by freecocoa(f): 11:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:
Adult relationships do not require anyone to bow down to them. Your fellow human being is seen as an equal.
Takes maturity though to achieve this trait.
Finish.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
PreciousBro:

My point stems from your statement @bold, and we are talking from a marital point of view regarding submissiveness, so except you're the one missing the point not me, I am very well in line with what I opined, contrary to your opinion,you made a point for me lol

And I haven't insulted anyone here. Thank you.

The law on love does not change in marriage either. Marriage is the perfect institution to carry out this true test of Christianity.
If you claim to be a Christian, showing love first would come easily to you with or without submission. Christ loved us first despite all of our shortcomings.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

As per insult,
You just called someone dull, woolly headed? Abi am I seeing double?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by babygirlfl: 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
cococandy:

Your friend sha.

Pls tell her to stop disturbing your ears preaching what she doesn't do.

That's what I would do.

Lol. Most women like that my friend will say the husband later agreed after they cajoled their husband. They will say submission does not mean you don't have a say. However, submission means yielding to a higher force. Women who submit should not have a say. When the husband says they are moving to Nigeria, she should ask when should she start packing. But our own women's type of submission has a say and time to cajole the man. They even make their own decisions. How then are they different from non submissive women?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:

The law on love does not change in marriage either. Marriage is the perfect institution to carry out this true test of Christianity.
If you claim to be a Christian, showing love first would come easily to you with or without submission. Christ loved us first despite all of our shortcomings.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

As per insult,
You just called someone dull, woolly headed? Abi am I seeing double?

LoL Madam, this is really ridiculous....

Why should we start a banter of irrelevance now. Am I on a wrong thread ,we are talking about "Submissiveness" on a marital point of view like I said before, I have given my stance on such. From all indication now it is clear you either don't agree with me or you chose to deliberately pretend you don't know what this thread is about.

Ooh we are quoting bible now ? grin

Who said Loving someone shouldn't come easy by a christian, by the virtue of marital bliss, Submission and love are talked about in Ephesians chapter 5,verses 22,23.....

If you know your bible well as you claim, you'd know Submission precedes Love in the context of this discuss.

As for the insults you say I made, I didn't mention anyone's name did I ?
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2015
babygirlfl:

Lol. Most women like that my friend will say the husband later agreed after they cajoled their husband. They will say submission does not mean you don't have a say. However, submission means yielding to a higher force. Women who submit should not have a say. When the husband says they are moving to Nigeria, she should say when and how do you start packing. But our own women's type of submission has a say and time to cajole the man. They even make their own decisions. How then are they different from non submissive women?

Lol, confusion galore. The way we hamper on this submission thing you would think it's the only criteria for a successful marriage.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
Even from by your logic, you as a woman, shouldn't you love your husband regardless of his love for you ?

I'm just saying if we use your line of argument, it is safe to say that as a christian(man or woman), you should also endeavour to love.

So love and submit to your man, in order not to argue with you, I'd agree cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 11:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:

Lol, confusion galore. The way we hamper on this submission thing you would think it's the only criteria for a successful marriage.

Actually,if missing, it can be the only criterion for disaster in marriage.

So submit to your man as to the lord, because he has authority over you. tongue
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by babygirlfl: 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stillfire:

Most of them know they can't submit in the true sense. That's why they end up giving it another definition and meaning. You are right the way they talk about submission, you would think it's the only criteria for a successful marriage.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 12:06am On Jul 03, 2015
PreciousBro:

LoL Madam, this is really ridiculous....

Why should e start aa banter of irrelevance now. Am I on a wrong thread ,we are talking about "Submissiveness" on a marital point of view like I said before, I have given my stance on such. From all indication now it is clear you either don't agree with me or you chose to deliberately pretend you don't know what this thread is about.

Ooh we are quoting bible now ? grin

Who said Loving someone shouldn't come easy by a christian, by the virtue of marital bliss, Submission and love are talked about in Ephesians chapter 5,verses 22,23.....

If you know your bible well as you claim, you'd know Submission precedes Love in the context of this discuss.

As for the insults you say I made, I didn't mention anyone's name did I ?

Isn't it so funny that in the 21st verse it says Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ?
The two commandments are independent of each other. There are no bullet words (like if you should do this, you will get this) to assume causality i.e the relation between an event (the cause) and a second event (the effect), where the first event is understood to be responsible for the second. Instead we see only a metaphorical comparison to Christ for each party. On that we cannot use the rationale of what is written first arrive at a conclusion. It is akin to saying that to be able to steal you have to commit murder first because the ten commandment was written in that order.

However, if indeed you are a Christian you should easily be given to love, simple. Otherwise you are a fake Christian. It should come naturally. The bible even says love your wife, so that your prayers would be answered. So whether she submits or not, if you like don't love her, your prayers will not be answered.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by Stillfire: 12:08am On Jul 03, 2015
PreciousBro:

Actually,if missing, it can be the only criterion for disaster in marriage.

So submit to your man as to the lord, because he has authority over you. tongue

Hehehe,
Another argument, if submission is the requirement of the wife, that is to say a wife is not required to love her husband. cheesy
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by coogar: 12:08am On Jul 03, 2015
Stillfire:

Don't bring me into this o. I don already post my behavioural pattern on the opening page. cheesy
Relationships can exist without the submission principle. I mean if we look at the statistics atheists marriages survive better than christian marriages. What does that tell you? You do not need to apply the submission principle to have a successful marriage. My relationship understands that both parties have equal, legitimate rights. It has served me so far in my relationship.
Submission requires that the wife be silent and yield to authority. Simple English. Every other thing is no more submission.

this is because christians don't use logic to choose partners. brother A is single & sister B is available - the pastor would match-make & advise them to use faith to settle the differences. why won't there be strife when there was no compatibility in the first place?

besides, church has become a hiding place for people with terrible vices. the church is about the only place left on the planet they are accepted & forgiven. all they have to do is to pretend they have repented & lay low for few months & they are free to choose a marital partner.

submission or lack of it isn't the reason christian marriages suffer more - the crux is compatibility & using faith instead of logic to solve simple problems.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 12:35am On Jul 03, 2015
Stillfire:

Isn't it so funny that in the 21st verse it says Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ?
The two commandments are independent of each other. There are no bullet words (like if you should do this, you will get this) to assume causality i.e the relation between an event (the cause) and a second event (the effect), where the first event is understood to be responsible for the second. Instead we see only a metaphorical comparison to Christ for each party. On that we cannot use the rationale of what is written first arrive at a conclusion. It is akin to saying that to be able to steal you have to commit murder first because the ten commandment was written in that order.

However, if indeed you are a Christian you should easily be given to love, simple. Otherwise you are a fake Christian. It should come naturally. The bible even says love your wife, so that your prayers would be answered. So whether she submits or not, if you like don't love her, your prayers will not be answered.

LoL I expected that you'd say a thing of that 21st line. However, saying they are independent of each other isn't our line of argument here and you know it, but rather what simplifies or should I say facilitates his(the man) love to die for you(wife) is ignited by that submissiveness, meted on him by you.

This is not to say "Love one another" as christians doesn't have its value here( because as its expected of him,so as its expected of you too) , but it just simply means that the requirement to cast a solid marital background and union is powered by that order of command( should conflicts/discrepancy ensue )

You can't count two before one, one precedes two and hence makes things complete and balanced.
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by PreciousBro: 12:41am On Jul 03, 2015
Stillfire:

Hehehe,
Another argument, if submission is the requirement of the wife, that is to say a wife is not required to love her husband. cheesy

This logic will defy your initial stand on this argument, submissiveness is required, otherwise, the love will be incomplete and there would be issues....

You have to understand that even as christians with the mantra "love your neighbour as your self" it should actually be enough,but on a realistic background,it isn't ,because marriage as an institution is another world on its own and thus the teachings" of marital strength. That is why God said this and that.

We just have to obey for things to go smoothly
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by cococandy(f): 2:14am On Jul 03, 2015
PreciousBro:

Madam, I am not the one that dropped a sac of sh!t in your front to warrant you knitting your brows at me,

?
lol grin
Re: Ladies, What Do You Understand By The Term "Submission"? by cococandy(f): 2:24am On Jul 03, 2015
babygirlfl:

Lol. Most women like that my friend will say the husband later agreed after they cajoled their husband. They will say submission does not mean you don't have a say. However, submission means yielding to a higher force. Women who submit should not have a say. When the husband says they are moving to Nigeria, she should ask when should she start packing. But our own women's type of submission has a say and time to cajole the man. They even make their own decisions. How then are they different from non submissive women?

Good question.

Just say you're submissive in all things (exactly the way it is written in the bible) and then go ahead to do your thing. That's the difference.

Nobody wanna hear you say it's not possible to be totally submissive. Just say what coogar wants to hear and do what you want to do.

You know it's the truth that causes wahala.
If all of us had agreed that we are submissive in all things, this thread won't be this many pages long.

It's trouble makers like you and stillfire who feel like saying the truth that are responsible for this grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise / Must A Married Man Be Monogamous? / Your Parents Vs. Your Dreams: Leaving The Shadow Of Your Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.