Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? (8325 Views)

Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by arojamanja: 1:00am On Mar 04, 2009
Is this realistic, or I am just being cynical? However, I think this is a misplaced priorities. There are far more important issues to deal with in Nigeria and Lagos in particular: Education, Transportation, SECURITY, Pollution, reconstruction of old structure, and its overall maintenance. All this will “create or preserve about 3 – 4 Million Jobs” (quoting Obama’s job creation plan), seriously there is going to be sanity in Lagos if the money is invested in some of my list and I hope the ‘Chinese’ won’t be taking the project too (keep it local). And BTW, the next administrator can kill the project to start his initiatives. Continuity is a problem in Nigeria and I don’t think ‘we’ are ready for the EKO Atlantic Vision yet. So many Visions in the past 2000, 2010, now we at 2020.

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E906CPuq5Ac
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by arojamanja: 1:03am On Mar 04, 2009
official link to project: http://www.ekoatlantic.com/
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by TalkSmith: 2:23am On Mar 04, 2009
Sounds more like a conundrum to me, if it can actually help restoring sanity to that hell-hole called Lagos. Not sure whether the Eko Atlantic is truly sensible. In a way it is though. undecided
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Backslider(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2009
It is common sense to FORCE AN OLD CITY TO IMPROVE YOU MUST BUILD A NEW SUPER MEGA CITY BESIDE IT. EKO ATLANTIC IS A GOOD IDEA
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 8:14am On Mar 04, 2009
how sincere is the project. look we heard of the fourth mainland bridge. they show many video too. but can my car drive thru the 4th main bridge. it does not exist.

now you show me video, how can i trust you, when i also saw video of fourth mainland bridge, no be video i want chop. Now do faashola support the desire of the yorubas to be part of benin republic.

This is where the issue should be, is the sand filling in the video not the same one we see every day in victoria island. if we are in control our life, eko altantic would not only  be a dream, but under the north,  trust me, i know it just a video dream that would never happen, 

so if fashola want to dream , then he should dream of us joinning republic of benin and eko altantic would be dream. tinubu dream of fourth mainland brdige where is it. if tiinubu have support us joinning republic of benin  then, Tinubu would be driving thru the fourth mainland bridge by now,   Ekp altantic can only happen if we join the republic of benin, but under nigeria, i know it would never happen. and it is just another dream like tinubu fourth mainland bridge.

We have to tell oursel the truth and stop telling ourself a lie, we would never been able to achieve anything under nigeria. Chief awolowo called nigeria a geographical expression. and that is what it is.

na video i want chop.

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by davidif: 8:25am On Mar 04, 2009
This shows the man's INCOMPETENCE. 80% of lagosians live below $1.00 a day and Fashola is busy building houses and planting trees. Don't this people realize that its not the govts job to create wealth( that's the job of the private sector) but to facilitate the growth of wealth by providing public goods like a great transportation infrastructure like roads, railways et. al to allow for the flow of goods from place to place, a free world class educational system so as to have a competent and educated labor market, constant power supply to facilitate industrialization, and security (from robbers and the rest).
Lagos has one of the worst public school systems in Nigeria, the universities are incredibly pathetic  and the standard of living in the rural areas is a lot worse meanwhile lots of nigerians who are used to such awful leadership praise him, its like the one eyed man in the land of the blind. It seems to me that if a leader gets a grade of D for performance we hail him as a hero forgetting the fact that D is still a failing grade. The man is skipping basic projects that lagos needs like Education, Constant power supply, electricity and agriculture to help people in the rural areas. Lagos is HUGELY POPULATED which is a plus if the standard of living was much higher. Can anyone imagine how much better lagos would be if everybody was well educated (i don't mean the nonsense education we get in naija universities) it would have higher standards of living compared to NYC or Chicago.
The man needs to understand that in order to develop lagos he needs to invest in  people and there lives by giving them quality education (not that yeye school they call unilag), quality healthcare instead the man destroys peoples house assuming that they have places to move to and this are the downtrodden and poorest in our society that even God has called us to protect meanwhile fashola is destroying there houses.

Matthew 25:33-46
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 04, 2009
even though I like the idea, I sense elitism here. The average man is still out of the big picture. affordable housing should be one thing Lagos state government should embark on. Also sanitation should be another followed by stable electricity
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Lagosboy: 9:32am On Mar 04, 2009
Eko atlantic would be for the rich people to move away from the traffic jam of VI and Ikoyi. It is a good idea nonetheless as it reclaims the beach but as long as it is not govt money they are putting into it i am ok. Govt money should be utilised in more pressing infrastructure like the 4th mainland bridge and rail transit.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 04, 2009
davidif:

This shows the man's INCOMPETENCE. 80% of lagosians live below $1.00 a day and Fashola is busy building houses and planting trees. Don't this people realize that its not the govts job to create wealth( that's the job of the private sector) but to facilitate the growth of wealth by providing public goods like a great transportation infrastructure like roads, railways et. al to allow for the flow of goods from place to place, a free world class educational system so as to have a competent and educated labor market, constant power supply to facilitate industrialization, and security (from robbers and the rest).
Lagos has one of the worst public school systems in Nigeria, the universities are incredibly pathetic  and the standard of living in the rural areas is a lot worse meanwhile lots of nigerians who are used to such awful leadership praise him, its like the one eyed man in the land of the blind. It seems to me that if a leader gets a grade of D for performance we hail him as a hero forgetting the fact that D is still a failing grade. The man is skipping basic projects that lagos needs like Education, Constant power supply, electricity and agriculture to help people in the rural areas. Lagos is HUGELY POPULATED which is a plus if the standard of living was much higher. Can anyone imagine how much better lagos would be if everybody was well educated (i don't mean the nonsense education we get in naija universities) it would have higher standards of living compared to NYC or Chicago.
The man needs to understand that in order to develop lagos he needs to invest in  people and there lives by giving them quality education (not that yeye school they call unilag), quality healthcare instead the man destroys peoples house assuming that they have places to move to and this are the downtrodden and poorest in our society that even God has called us to protect meanwhile fashola is destroying there houses.

Matthew 25:33-46

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
[color=#990000][/color]

First and foremost, UNILAG is a federal university.!!!!!!!!!!!
LASU (which is owned by lagos state has seen a facelift in recent yrs). Their teaching hospital has been heavily equipped.
Enough with all these unnecessary rants. If you're not sure of whats going on in Lagos, don't make any unnecessary statements.
Who told you that education and the other things are not being addressed.
Eko atlantic city is just the icing on the cake. Last time i checked, it's a freaking Private initiative so what the heck.
Roads are being built everyday in Lagos, solar streetlights are being fixed, u hardly see dirts littering the streets anymore.
Even cases of armed robbery have declined drastically. There was a time when you couldn't drive good cars in lagos due to robbers.
There is construction going on everywhere in lagos. This has led to a lot of people being employed. LAWMA employs people as well.
I think we really need to shut the f up and realize that steps are being taken to improve lagos. It's a gradual process.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by emilyone(f): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2009
obviously fashola is bent on getting rid of the common people living in lagos

his contempt for the poor is enormous.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2009
Eko Atlantic City is completely private initiative that involves no financial outlay by the state government, another one is the Lagos - Epe expressway that will be a 10 lane dual carriage way.  People should allow Fashola to concentrate on the good job he is doing. We that are in Lagos are seeing the difference he is making in out lives on a daily basis and we have no reason to complain.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2009
emilyone:

obviously fashola is bent on getting rid of the common people living in lagos

his contempt for the poor is enormous.

This sort of statement can only come from people who would rather prefer the status quo
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KnowAll(m): 10:30am On Mar 04, 2009
Eko Atlantic City will not happen. Fashola wants to do all these things in 4 or maybe 8 years

1. Eko Atalntic City
2. Lekki Free trade zone incorpoating an airport in Lekki
3. 10 LANE Motorway to Badary so that development would move from the Lekki corridor to the Badagry corridor.
4. 4th Mainland Bridge
5. 2 Light rail blue and red line
6. New Lekki City

The man should just do one and leave the rest, he has not got the time to do all these projects and I doubt if he has the money, which means all these projects might be a pipe dream.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by deor03(m): 10:32am On Mar 04, 2009
desgiezd:

This sort of statement can only come from people who would rather prefer the status quo

They prefer the status quo  and IRONICALLY they are the ones that complains the most!

Nothing GOOD comes easy, someone has to sacrifice.  It could be me or you but definitely someone will
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2009
nobody is saying he should not do it. but where is he going to get the money from. look imo state which have less than 1/5 the population of lagos collect about the same money as lagos. so where is the money.

You see , it is good to have a good idea. but under the federal republic of nigeria. fashola should forget it, it is just a dream. look everything awolowo did was because we were in control of our life, and the north was not making that decision for us at that time.

Fashola would be fooling himself and so is all other governor in the western niger of nigeria, if they thing they can do anything under the federal republic of nigeria.

look when obasanjo wanted to build 7 thermal station in the south south , what did yar adua first do because he was a northerner. he cancel them and now sign new one to build them in the north.

And in such a country you thing he can develop. where merit is below dismerit.

When we join benin republic  fashola and other governor would perform like awolowo did. but under nigeria, fashola is wasting his time.  he should be talking of the 300 armored tank and 27,000  guns for the police.  To get rid of criminal. lagos have to fight criminals.

You see the governors in the western niger of nigeria have to support the police to fight crime and get rid of criminals. they can buy guns and other for the police. criminal have to be low.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 10:44am On Mar 04, 2009
Becomerich, na wah for you ooo. How will joining the Benin Republic be possible? Join them as a major player as Lagos is presently in Nigeria or as a junior partner?
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 11:03am On Mar 04, 2009
it is easy, very easy,  look if rep say we leave. have you seen the satellite pictures. do you think the north with empty people fight us. they would be stupid to do that.

that place is empty. they there not say we cant go, we are not igbo with small population that they can call the army for. even any northerner army who listen to them , is like he commit suicide. something are not possible. one of does thing is the north calling the army against us. we they have to go and hire niger republic to fight. nobody lives in the north. do you want us to finish the little population they have??

it is wise for them to maintain their small population than attack us. if they do, even the small population would be wipe off the surface of the earth. i know northerner very well. they are not stupid people. they know that ibb and others lied about the census. so they would not attack.

dont worry about attack, we would do business with them. they know if they attack they are finish, who would buy thier goods and service,. Niger republuc can not buy anything from them.

Northerner are not stupid , they would not attack. it is to thier disadvantage. we know what northerner want, and we have given them. they would still get 75% of the oil, and sea, without bayelsa state.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by FACE(m): 11:57am On Mar 04, 2009

If to say sheep dey sweet like goat, believe me, e go join goat for left hand quick time. Only their young ones fit dey right awaiting transfer to the left.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by lucabrasi(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2009
@poster
typical nigerian!!!you have destroyed an initiative that tens of millions of nigerians have not only identified with, but applauded with a few erroneous words grin,why do we just talk for the sake of it?rather than making wild and unsubstantiated allegations,i think your time should be spent more productively looking objectively at the initiatives and how this will translate to a positive thing for the average lagosian,then conclude if it is good or not,i can bet my last pound that you are a diasporian,did obama that you are quick to compare with a state governor meet the same problems fashola met??
does fashola have the same powers,funds as obama??
or are you just making your own conclusions that federal allocations is given out on the basis of age group,seeing as obama and fashola are in the same age bracket??
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2009
no, i am not saying it is not a good idea. i believe it is a good idea. what i am saying is that we all can have a good idea but without good federal govt. fashola is wasting his time. did you think tinubu did not want to build the fourth main bridge. he did.  then go ask tinubu why he did not build the bridge.

the same thing would happen to fashola. so fashola and other governors in the western niger of nigeria to bring develop. they have to have a secure environment to develop. that can only come when the police is well taken care of. it would mean every police have a gun to fight criminal.

they may have to buy a police for every police man in thier state. this is what fashola need to develop eko altantic, i was told there are 27,000 policemen in lagos. fashola need 27,000 guns for security of lifes and properties in lagos. if the other state in the western niger do that. all thier project to develop thier state would not be a dream , but would come to life.

over here all police men have a gun,
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2009
i love our people. and want them to develop. and they would develop.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by debosky(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

Eko Atlantic City will not happen. Fashola wants to do all these things in 4 or maybe 8 years

1. Eko Atalntic City
2. Lekki Free trade zone incorpoating an airport in Lekki
3. 10 LANE Motorway to Badary so that development would move from the Lekki corridor to the Badagry corridor.
4. 4th Mainland Bridge
5. 2 Light rail blue and red line
6. New Lekki City

The man should just do one and leave the rest, he has not got the time to do all these projects and I doubt if he has the money, which means all these projects might be a pipe dream.
He is initiating these projects, not attempting to do everything in 4-8 years. Many of the projects you mentioned were initially conceptualised during the Tinubu administration. Fashola is continuing in line with the initial vision and shows you what can be achieved with continuity in government. If a like-minded governor takes over from Fashola after his tenure, I see no reason why the projects cannot be completed.

The Federal government is in support of this project, Nigeria1, so there is a clear difference between the Yar'adua-Fashola relationship and the Obasanjo-Tinubu relationship.

We cannot continue to exhibit shallow thinking without long term planning. Fashola is engaging in long term, far reaching projects that will transform Lagos in the near future.

To those claiming Lagos has poor people and the like, what about blaming the other state governors whom due to their mismanagement , cause this massive influx of people into Lagos daily?

Fashola deserves all the support he can get. He also needs close supervision and constructive criticism so the praise singers don't knock him off course.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2009
debosky:

He is initiating these projects, not attempting to do everything in 4-8 years. Many of the projects you mentioned were initially conceptualised during the Tinubu administration. Fashola is continuing in line with the initial vision and shows you what can be achieved with continuity in government. If a like-minded governor takes over from Fashola after his tenure, I see no reason why the projects cannot be completed.

The Federal government is in support of this project, Nigeria1, so there is a clear difference between the Yar'adua-Fashola relationship and the Obasanjo-Tinubu relationship.

We cannot continue to exhibit shallow thinking without long term planning. Fashola is engaging in long term, far reaching projects that will transform Lagos in the near future.

To those claiming Lagos has poor people and the like, what about blaming the other state governors whom due to their mismanagement , cause this massive influx of people into Lagos daily?

Fashola deserves all the support he can get. He also needs close supervision and constructive criticism so the praise singers don't knock him off course.

i have been saying this on more than one thread. while tinubu is not a saint, IMHO, a lot of his plans for lagos could not have been execute with the vindictive baba in aso rock. i can just see obj demolishing installations because they were on 'Federal roads' i can clearly remember when the bastard brought ferma to start policing lagos roads.

anyway, most of this noise is what makes me despair for nigeria.

people have such short memories. i am sure these peole would have derided the solution to bar beach flooding when it was embarked upon. i'm sure they would also have derided the re construction of the numerous roads in VI by banks. my fellow nigeriasn sha tongue
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KnowAll(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Debosky, were initially conceptualised during the Tinubu administration. Fashola is continuing in line with the initial vision and shows you what can be achieved with continuity in government.

Na conceptualizing we want chop. Fashola should get his hand dirty and start digging and laying those tracks for his light rail I read somewhere that he wants that project up and running by 2011, otherwise it will be one of those conceptualise theories that will never see the light of day like Jakande's lagos metroline.

Come to think of it are you seriously saying 8 years of Tinubu was spent conceptualising, even a lazy dreamer can do that.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by debosky(m): 1:30pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

Na conceptualizing we want chop. Fashola should get his hand dirty and start digging and laying those tracks for his light rail I read somewhere that he wants that project up and running by 2011, otherwise it will be one of those conceptualise theories that will never see the light of day like Jakande's lagos metroline.

Come to think of it are you seriously saying 8 years of Tinubu was spent conceptualising, even a lazy dreamer can do that.

Don't be daft. Was the BRT not conceptualised and is it not in operation now

The final solution to prevent ocean surges at the bar beach was conceptualised and was completed. wasn't it?

Please educate yourself if you lack information.

You have little or no comprehension of what it takes to lay solid foundations for long term projects. I will not hold brief for Tinubu to detail what he spent 8 years achieving, but there is evidence for all to see in Lagos' infrastructure today, one of which is the AES Power station generating 8% of Nigeria's power output.

oyb:

i have been saying this on more than one thread. while tinubu is not a saint, IMHO, a lot of his plans for lagos could not have been execute with the vindictive baba in aso rock. i can just see obj demolishing installations because they were on 'Federal roads' i can clearly remember when the bastard brought ferma to start policing lagos roads.

people have such short memories. i am sure these peole would have derided the solution to bar beach flooding when it was embarked upon. i'm sure they would also have derided the re construction of the numerous roads in VI by banks. my fellow nigeriasn sha tongue
Short memories? People like knowall have no memories to speak of. 'I heard this and I heard that' is all we can get from beer parlour conversationalists like him.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

@Debosky, were initially conceptualised during the Tinubu administration. Fashola is continuing in line with the initial vision and shows you what can be achieved with continuity in government.

oyb:

i have been saying this on more than one thread. w[b]hile tinubu is not a saint, IMHO, a lot of his plans for lagos could not have been execute with the vindictive baba in aso rock[/b]. i can just see obj demolishing installations because they were on 'Federal roads' i can clearly remember when the bastard brought ferma to start policing lagos roads.

people have such short memories. i am sure these peole would have derided the solution to bar beach flooding when it was embarked upon. i'm sure they would also have derided the re construction of the numerous roads in VI by banks. my fellow nigeriasn sha  tongue

maybe you should read more and attack less. it was during tinubus admin that the bar beach solution was finally executed

edit: ouch the grammer don beat me to it  cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KnowAll(m): 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2009
maybe you should read more and attack less. it was during tinubus admin that the bar beach solution was finally executed

Bar beach that has been going on since militatry regime b4 I left Niaja more than 15 years ago that project has already started.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

Bar beach that has been going on since militatry regime b4 I left Niaja more than 15 years ago that project has already started.

It was also in Tinubu's time that all roads in Lagos Island was modernised and reconstructed including those that are right in the most interior parts of Lagos Island. Most of the roads in V/I and many in Ikoyi were also constructed by him. The reconstruction of Oregun/Ojota road, Lawanson in Surulere, Yaba/Ojuelegba Road, Ijegun road and many more.

Even the buses for the BRT had altready arrived in Lagos and the BRT lanes were being segregated at the time he handed over. Let us also remember that at the foundation laying ceremony of Phase 2 of Lekki/Epe Road, fashola said the road would have been completed before Tinubu left office had OBJ not put serious impediments on his way.

We should appreciate the efforts of our leaders who have served us well.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

and that is hw you display your beer palour reasoning.

it was tinubu's administration that delivered a final , real and effective solution, not the road side engineering attempts by previous admins including marwas.

how does one build on indiscriminate dropping of rocks on bar beach that they were calling shore protection? sadly , the simplicity of the solution highlighted the incompetence of several past governors of lagos.

if people like that had been in power during the bank of industry demolition wahala, i'm sure they would have hired area boys to demolish the building tongue
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KunleOshob(m): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

Come to think of it are you seriously saying 8 years of Tinubu was spent conceptualising, even a lazy dreamer can do that.[/color]
Is it now not very obvious that tinubu was a colossal failure in Lagos? what he could not achieve in 8 years his boy as achieved in less than two years. And all the excuse the idiot keeps giving that it was OBJ that with held funds is just a bunch of lies that only the most ignorant morons would believe. the funds witheld were local goverment funds and NOT state goverment funds as tinubu and his stupid supporters would like us to believe.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KnowAll(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2009
@KunleOshob

To be fair to Tinunbu BRT Buses were his idea, and he had already bought the buses from Brazil, was about to embark on the bus route thing when he handed over to Fashola. Fashola now tackled it as if his life depended and brought it to fruition. it took Tinunbu 7 1/2 years to come up with a brilliant Idea. I will have to agree with u that is a moumental failure in anybody's book. Fashola should not let the fire in him die or else those ideas of his will die.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2009
This should not be turned to a case of pro Tinubu.
Who started the projects has no juice in this case. What the people want is that the projects are initiated and completed.
I believe there are enough signs to show that these projects will be completed.

To the poster that doubts the completion of the projects :

The 10 lane lekki-expwy will definitely be completed. Its a private project. They've already started building the toll booth right before lekki phase 1 roundabout. (i'm in the country now so i should know). They've cleared roads all the way from mobil house to VGC. This is a done deal.

The light rail/badagry expwy will be completed. They've already marked houses for demolition along this route. The only thing that can stop these projects is the current financial crunch. Nothing else.

Work is already in progress at the lekki free trade zone. You need to be there before misyaning. They're building another sea port there as well.
Why do you think they are keen on the Lekki - expwy project. Of what use will the lekki free zone be if people can't get there in 4hrs of lagos traffic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot / SAD YORUBA NATION? / Subsidy Removal: ₦5 Billion Palliative Is Renewed Nonsense – Atiku’s Aide, Bwala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.