Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit (1121 Views)

Youths In Abuja Protest Age Limit In Nigerian Politics (Photos) / 12-year-Old Shot In The Jaw & Upper Lips By Fulani Herdsman In Jos (Graphic Pics / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
The Constitution puts the lower age limit at 40yrs for thos wishing to contest the post of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (See Section 131, b) but the Constituition throws the door wide open for every senile fool like Buhari.

Why should we be governed by some one who will not see the future?

Buhari is so old that he thinks there is still such a thing as West Germany.

I think it is time we get the National Assembly to cap the upper age limit to 60yrs for contestants. That is, you can not be older than 60yrs at the time of contesting an election. This will then mean that anybody who contests at 60yrs and wins is not eligible to run for a second time.

Too many old fools ruining this country since 1960!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by jimohibrahim(m): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
We just need the work to be done...... That's all

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by DaBullIT(m): 5:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Good observation , official retiring age is 65

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by temitemi1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
Stone age buhari cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by DuchessLily(f): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
DaBullIT:
Good observation , official retiring age is 65

Hahahaha... Seriously
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by Legitbaba(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
very good point
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Have you guys ever wondered why African culture is static and still existing in the flint age?

Well the reason has to do with the fact that Africans never developed any form of writing so this made the custodians of knowledge in every African society to be the oldest members since they were the custodians of knowledge merely by the fact that they were older.

Now one thing that is unique about old people the world over is their nostalgic disposition which leads to them being the most staunch advocates against any form of change from what they were used to in their youth.

This is why African culture never thrived because those who held the knowledge and authority of society abhorred any form of positive change.

Unlike in the west were innovative ideas which come from the younger and more active members of society is promoted.

About 15yrs ago when I just got employed in my current place of work, every proposition to computerize our archiving system was staunchly opposed by our then Superiors who have since retired. The reason these old dudes refused to modernize operations was because they had no single computer skills and they saw a modernized computer environment as a danger to their significance since we young ones back then still went back and forth to them to clarify which entry was to go where. There was no operational manual and so we still needed the old ding bats to clarify issues which when we meet them for they will kick back on their chairs and lecture you on how they bought their first lease from John Holt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by atlwireles: 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
OP instead of imposing age limit on the contestants, why not impose age limits on the voters. Nigeria will be better served if many of these Facebook and Twitter generation wait till their 30s to vote.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
atlwireles:
OP instead of imposing age limit on the contestants, why not impose age limits on the voters. Nigeria will be better served if many of these Facebook and Twitter generation wait till their 30s to vote.

What about the legions of almajiri delinquents that voted the dullard?

I think the best thing is to limit the age of contestants and avoid senility in high places.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by atlwireles: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
LeOstrich:

What about the legions of almajiri delinquents that voted the dullard?

I think the best thing is to limit the age of contestants and avoid senility in high places.

The almajiris you and I can forgive. But the ones their parents invested millions to train, yet they thumb printed for a no primary six certificate fraudster, now that's beyond understanding.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by abacusCm(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
So bcs of age we should then start electing people likeAllison Madueke,Stella Oduah,Fani Kayode,Ibrahim Shema,Martin Elechi,Ikedi Ohakim etc ori bobo yi ti gbale.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
atlwireles:

The almajiris you and I can forgive. But the ones their parents invested millions to train, yet they thumb printed for a no primary six certificate fraudster, now that's beyond understanding.

Dont blame those fools. An almajiri has a higher IQ than those change chanting zombies

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
abacusCm:
So bcs of age we should then start electing people likeAllison Madueke,Stella Oduah,Fani Kayode,Ibrahim Shema,Martin Elechi,Ikedi Ohakim etc ori bobo yi ti gbale.

Did anybody stop you from contesting or are you one of those old senile fools?

Abi una no get young men and women for your region?
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by Moheat(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
atlwireles:

You nailed it! your post made my day!e
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by Moheat(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Seriously we suddenly developed love for a senile old dullard who couldn't even produce his SSCE. I pity for the future of this country. I mean how on earth did we accept this old man to be sold to us by the sophisticated tribe and their slave master. I complained bitterly in my work place but the place is dominated by the sophisticated tribe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
atlwireles:

sometimes I get angry when a graduate or undergraduate says "sai baba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by abacusCm(m): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:

Did anybody stop you from contesting or are you one of those old senile fools?

Abi una no get young men and women for your region?

I can see that you are a minor bcs your comment indicates that.you need to grow up so that you can know that age is not determinatnt of good govt.I know why you were typing thses trash just bcs you belong to the TANoid.you and this guy below belong to the same group.

Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2015
abacusCm:
I can see that you are a minor bcs your comment indicates that.you need to grow up so that you can know that age is not determinatnt of good govt.I know why you were typing thses trash just bcs you belong to the TANoid.you and this guy below belong to the same group.

Janjawiid tadpoles lack yarns.

Fool.
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by kokoA(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:

Dont blame those fools. An almajiri has a higher IQ than those change chanting zombies
Buhari has a higher IQ than PHD holder Jonathan who believed the best way to secure our pipelines was to engage ex-militants..
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2015
kokoA:
Buhari has a higher IQ than PHD holder Jonathan who believed the best way to secure our pipelines was to engage ex-militants..

Another fool
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by kokoA(m): 10:13am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:

Another fool
Doesn't change the fact that your brain is a vacuum.. Go and die!
Re: Buhari Is Proof That We Need An Upper Age Limit by LeOstrich: 10:59am On Jul 03, 2015
kokoA:
Doesn't change the fact that your brain is a vacuum.. Go and die!

Le Fool

(1) (Reply)

illiterate, Country of Western Nigeria is not a Republic. Only Nigeria Did / 20 People Confirmed Dead In Zaria Bombing / TRIBUTE TO TINUBU By Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.