Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can (1336 Views)

Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. / 5 Pioneering Scientists Who Were Spiritual Mystics / Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
There have been studies into cardiac arrest patients to see if those who are clinically dead can have out-of-body experiences. In one study, images were placed where they could only be seen from above, and patients were asked whether they saw those images if they had revived after being clinically dead.

Many hope that these kinds of studies will increase our knowledge of the process of death, they may do to a certain extent, but to those who practice esoteric exercises, they tell very little and still leave personal experience and experimentation as the most effective way to gain knowledge of death.

It’s difficult for science to tackle anything of a supernatural or spiritual nature, so look carefully at how the conclusions follow from the studies.

The head of one study says: “If you can demonstrate that consciousness continues after the brain switches off, it allows for the possibility that the consciousness is a separate entity.”
What are these kinds of NDE studies actually going to show?

There have been a huge number of NDE cases reported under medical supervision already. What many studies seem to do is to look at what people see when they have an NDE and then tries to determine the objectivity of that sight in order to determine the “reality” of NDEs.

It’s already known through a huge number of accounts that patients demonstrate consciousness when the brain switches off. So if subjects see anything lucidly in those study conditions while “dead,” then that in itself is a demonstration of the separation of consciousness.

Placing pictures for patients to see in a study tests whether patients see the pictures – not whether they “see” at all, which is a different thing altogether. It is unlikely (but just possible) that when having died, being out of the body and going through that profound experience of death, that people will find the study’s pictures.

The head of a study using this method stated: “If no one sees the pictures, it shows these experiences are illusions or false memories.”

It doesn’t show that. This as a major flaw in these kinds of experiments; why is seeing the pictures a demonstration of consciousness, but seeing anything else after the brain switches off is not? If no one sees the pictures, then that in itself is not enough to conclude that the experiences are illusions. It would only show that in those times where NDEs were subjected to that study, patients did not see the pictures. There could be many reasons why they didn’t see them, even en masse.

It also appears that such a conclusion would discount many NDE accounts up until this time, which have clearly described events happening to people while “dead” that could only have been described had the subjects been out of their bodies.

Understanding most of the reasons why patients wouldn’t see the pictures during an NDE would require knowledge of what’s on the other side, yet there is a lack of scientific means to explore it. Taking purely physical evidence, the very fact of consciousness existing with lucidity when the body is “dead” demonstrates that there is more going on than a simple “if you don’t see the pictures it’s not real” conclusion can account for

NDEs from a spiritual point of view

There are laws and other phenomena happening in the dimension where NDEs occur, and those laws and other life forms influence what the individual perceives in an out-of-body or near-death experience. If you study different accounts of people’s experiences when they have an NDE, you’ll see that they tend to follow the same or similar patterns, irrespective of age or culture.

In some religions there are accounts of personal experience of NDEs by mystics, sages, and the like. These have usually arisen from dream or out-of-body experiences. In the past, these kinds of experiences been the way for people to understand and know about these things, and we today are using essentially the same or similar methods. These methods are not provable using current scientific methodology or techniques, because there is no scientific way of exploring what a person is actually experiencing, but that doesn’t mean these mystical methods don’t work.
The limitations of science in exploring personal experience

Scientific methods study just the response of the NDE experience upon the physical body and the account of the individual. It is because the accounts have happened in the absence of any signs of life in the physical body that some in medical science take NDEs seriously. But that doesn’t change the experience, and it’s the personal experience that ultimately each single person has to stand by and call “living.” This life experience is most valid to the individual, and humanity is made up of individuals.

There are limitations in science’s ability to understand reality. No one would suggest that science is capable at this time of answering many of the deepest questions of life and human existence and so simply to draw conclusions that things are not real just because they are not provable by science with today’s technology is a mistake. These teachings offer an alternative approach: they offer the opportunity to have out-of-body experiences with age-old methods and techniques, and to explore from personal experience. What is a life after all apart from individual experience? And how much is able to be perceived of what is real with the five senses?

Because science cannot reliably prove whether out-of-body experiences are real or not, that doesn’t rule out the logical view that they are. If you’ve had a really clear OBE, where you’ve seen things no dream could show you, you’ll know they are real.

http://belsebuub.com

Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by axiliborha(f): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by sirthisthickkal: 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
I disagree to some extent, why is it that scientists have not been able to unravel the mystery behind sleep. Do you know the exact time you sleep or what happens when you are sleeping? The answer is no..... to me sleep can be liken to death, if you can't know what happens to you while you are asleep when you are still alive and breathing, what makes you think that you can be able to know whats happening around you when you are dead.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by hopeforcharles(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bulshit I was looking for the place where you explain the mystics method of providing NDE and all I see is beating about the Bush, = Bush shit
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Babacele: 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bros u sure you can use simple words to explain to the uninitiated? @ you can't explain sleep ,who says? there are lot of things science can't explain: from somnambulism,miracles to afterlife ,science hasn't scratched d surface. When the student is ready, the master will mos def come.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by DJEhimond(m): 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
I beg argue to disagree.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
sirthisthickkal:
I disagree to some extent, why is it that scientists have not been able to unravel the mystery behind sleep. Do you know the exact time you sleep or what happens when you are sleeping? The answer is no..... to me sleep can be liken to death, if you can't know what happens to you while you are asleep when you are still alive and breathing, what makes you think that you can be able to know whats happening around you when you are dead.
so in a nutshell, u re trying to say that when we die, we wouldnt knw that we re dead?
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by sirthisthickkal: 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
krattoss:
so in a nutshell, u re trying to say that when we die, we wouldnt knw that we re dead?

Yes we won't.
But there many circumstances whereby when we want to die, there is this feeling that we will have telling us that death is knocking at the door, but when death finally arrives, nobody can tell when or if he or she is dead because immediately a person dies the brain which controls all part of the body will cease to function, and tell me when the brain is dead, what can a person think or know?.
The only way to know the exact time of a person's death is when the doctor or relative of the deceased are present before the demise.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

Yes we won't.
But there many circumstances whereby when we want to die, there is this feeling that we will have telling us that death is knocking at the door, but when death finally arrives, nobody can tell when or if he or she is dead because immediately a person dies the brain which controls all part of the body will cease to function, and tell me when the brain is dead, what can a person think or know?.
The only way to know the exact time of a person's death is when the doctor or relative of the deceased are present before the demise.
so actually the dead cant even feel or sensitize all the crys and mournings of his loved ones?
And whats ur point of view on where the dead go after death?
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by sirthisthickkal: 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
krattoss:

so actually the dead cant even feel or sensitize all the crys and mournings of his loved ones?
And whats ur point of view on where the dead go after death?

There are lots and lots of wild spread rumors,lies about death. even stories of real life encounters with dead people. In fact while I was young, there was this woman who lived opposite us, unfortunately she fell sick and she died. a month later we travelled to Abuja for a wedding while on our way due to the traffic, all vehicle were stagnant,when I looked outside the vehicle lo and behold.,immediately I saw this Same woman who died one month ago selling vegetables by the road side, at that moment I felt a cold chill go down my spine and I was very sure she was the one, through out that day I begin to think.. Can a person who died still live after death perhaps live in another country or settlement?..
Well after making lot of research from many books I finally got a satisfying answer from the Bible and I arrived at this conclusion at ecclesiastes 9:5&6 and psalm 146:4

Just have this at the back of your mind, whatever stories you ve heard whether true or false, Satan is the one behind everything, he wants us to believe that a person can still live after death. Whereas the Bible says that "for the living knows that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any reward, because there remembrance is gone. Also their love, hate and jealousy have perished."-ecclesiastes 9:5&6.

My opinion.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

There are lots and lots of wild spread rumors,lies about death. even stories of real life encounters with dead people. In fact while I was young, there was this woman who lived opposite us, unfortunately she fell sick and she died. a month later we travelled to Abuja for a wedding while on our way due to the traffic, all vehicle were stagnant,when I looked outside the vehicle lo and behold.,immediately I saw this Same woman who died one month ago selling vegetables by the road side, at that moment I felt a cold chill go down my spine and I was very sure she was the one, through out that day I begin to think.. Can a person who died still live after death perhaps live in another country or settlement?..
Well after making lot of research from many books I finally got a satisfying answer from the Bible and I arrived at this conclusion at ecclesiastes 9:5&6 and psalm 146:4

Just have this at the back of your mind, whatever stories you ve heard whether true or false, Satan is the one behind everything, he wants us to believe that a person can still live after death. Whereas the Bible says that "for the living knows that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any reward, because there remembrance is gone. Also their love, hate and jealousy have perished."-ecclesiastes 9:5&6.

My opinion.

@ ur story, that woman u saw from the window of ur vehicle, is she of the same age with the one that died?.
N/b. People sometimes resemble people.

@ ur ecclesiastes 5; 9;6, so by that, their is neither heaven nor hell?

Nice cotribution though..
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by sirthisthickkal: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
krattoss:
@ ur story, that woman u saw from the window of ur vehicle, is she of the same age with the one that died?.
N/b. People sometimes resemble people.

@ ur ecclesiastes 5; 9;6, so by that, their is neither heaven nor hell?

Nice cotribution though..

Yes I am 101% sure she was the one . the strange feeling I had after seeing her reassure me again.
Whether there is heaven? Yes there is.
Whether there is hell? I can't say, but am still researching on that.

Thank you.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Sunnystooth(m): 1:14am On Jul 03, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

Yes I am 101% sure she was the one . the strange feeling I had after seeing her reassure me again.
Whether there is heaven? Yes there is.
Whether there is hell? I can't say, but am still researching on that.

Thank you.
Hmmm... Confused much? How can you believe there's heaven and still 'researching' if there's hell or not... You christians just choose what you feel like believing in that book filled with ancient jewish myths.

And for that woman you felt you saw... It's simple, it's just optical illusion, or mirage or simply someone that dressed like the one that died and maybe resembles her to some extent. As long as you did'nt have the opportuinity to walk up to the woman and touch and verify that she is indeed the one, then your assumptions remains false!
The eyes can be deceptive sometimes. It's just like someone being so sure that he saw a mirage of water on a sunny day on a tarmac road.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by sirthisthickkal: 3:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Hmmm... Confused much? How can you believe there's heaven and still 'researching' if there's hell or not... You christians just choose what you feel like believing in that book filled with ancient jewish myths.

And for that woman you felt you saw... It's simple, it's just optical illusion, or mirage or simply someone that dressed like the one that died and maybe resembles her to some extent. As long as you did'nt have the opportuinity to walk up to the woman and touch and verify that she is indeed the one, then your assumptions remains false!
The eyes can be deceptive sometimes. It's just like someone being so sure that he saw a mirage of water on a sunny day on a tarmace road.

Since you practice agnosticism....
I see no benefit in trying to justify my beliefs to you.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Sunnystooth(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

Since you practice agnosticism....
I see no benefit in trying to justify my beliefs to you.
Good, but my current belief or 'practice' like you called it has got nothing to do with you rather facing reality and stop being misguided by mere mirage and optical illusion.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by sirthisthickkal: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Good, but my current belief or 'practice' like you called it has got nothing to do with you rather facing reality and stop being misguided by mere mirage and optical illusion.

Initially, I didn't ask for your opinion... so it's best you go back to your hiding shell.... and please..

... when you finally believe that GOD exists, feel free to quote me.
Re: Near Death Experiences – Where Science Can’t Go, Mystics Can by Sunnystooth(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
sirthisthickkal:

Initially, I didn't ask for your opinion... so it's best you go back to your hiding shell.... and please..

... when you finally believe that GOD exists, feel free to quote me.

Lolz, it's good to know someone has been watching my every 'moves' here on nairaland.
Good job, keep it up!

(1) (Reply)

See What This Lady Wore To The House Of God / Seun Osewa 'converting' People To Islam Through Click Technology / Wrestling With God; WWE Wrestler Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid Tells It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.