Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges (974 Views)

Imo Government Partners Nigerian Army In Education / If President Buhari Wants To Grow The Economy, He Must End Power Crisis / How Nigeria Can Overcome Power Challenges – U.S Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
By Vera Samuel Anyagafu & Prisca Sam-Duru

As part of continuous efforts to ensuring a mutual relationship between Nigeria and Germany, in addition to helping to boost the Nigeria economy especially through renewable energy solutions, the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Lagos, held an interactive seminar for stakeholders in the energy industry recently at Westwood Hotels, Ikoyi, Lagos.
The seminar entitled Stand-Alone Renewable Energy Solutions, enabled relevant stakeholders in the Nigeria renewable energy and energy efficiency sub-sector to directly engage with entrepreneurs in the field and to partake in their profound experiences and competencies focusing on global best practices.
The discussions revolved around energy cost savings and efficiency, environmental protection and employment creation as well as accessing funding or financial schemes, awareness and consumer confidence and the need for increased technical skills.
Declaring the seminar open, the German Consul General, Lagos, Mr Michael Derus, stated that the 2015 seminar is financed by the Climate fund of the German Federal Foreign Office, and facilitated by the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany in Lagos in collaboration with the Energy and Environment Desk of the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Lagos.
Derus reiterated the high commitment of the German Government to ensure an environmentally sustainable solutions in the field of energy generation and distribution stressing that “In the framework of the Nigerian German Energy Partnership (NGEP), it stands ready to make a contribution to this end. Germany and its partners in the EU are also committed to make the Paris Climate Summit in December 2015 a success.”
The seminar presentations according to the organisers, focused on photovoltaic (PV), its advantages and the introduction of feasible installations in Nigeria. With regard to the slow grid improvement and installations in urban areas coupled with the on-going power shortage, PV stand-alone systems represent an individual solution to self-sustaining power supply. It has a high potential to also become a source of income through decentralised grid feed in the future.
All the presenters averred that stand-alone renewable energy systems do not only supply energy but also enable its users to be energy efficient with users enjoying security and safety in an affordable way.
In his presentation, Mr Juergen Raach of Raach Solar, Germany, spoke on the “Technology and economics of stand-alone photovoltaic power systems which could be installed in urban residential areas with a high demand, currently suffering under frequent power failures and voltage peaks destroying not only electric devices but also, constituting a safety risk.”
On his own part, CEO Blue Camel Energy Limited, Nigeria, Mr Suleiman Yusuf gave a presentation on Living Off Grid And Fossil. He took participants through practical ways of how to incorporate green architecture, renewable energy resources and energy efficiency.
According to Yusuf, his “10 apartment mini estate developed in Abuja is solely powered on renewable energy resources-wind and solar, and deploys best available energy efficient appliances ranging from AC’s, lightings, DC refrigerators, energy efficient washing machines and other heat appliances, solar powered street and perimeter lighting solutions to solar powered water supply systems.”
Also presenting was Segun Adaju, the CEO of BlueOcean, Nigeria. He introduced new opportunities for MSME with his presentation Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) solar for Commercial Use. Lack of energy supply he said, “Is the major constraint to the growth and survival of these organisations” explaining that “PAYG Solar provides solutions for the challenges constraining the scaling up of alternative energy as it will provide a financing platform in order to make technologies affordable.” He emphasised that since the business model has supported the uptake of solar especially in East Africa, Nigerian businesses stand to benefit from its adoption.
At the end, it was noted that government legislation is further need to control the standardisation of equipment and influx of substandard equipment resulting to high failures and high failure rates of government projects.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/germany-partners-nigerian-entrepreneurs-to-end-power-challenges/

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
Now that's good news
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by axiliborha(f): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2015
You want me to comment freemanan

1 Like

Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Bad news WHEN ARE WE BLACKS GONN START DOING SHIIIT OURSELVES
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Mogidi: 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
@OP
Which Germany, West or East?

1 Like

Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by tinkinjow: 8:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
ever since I was born I hv heard news like this without ceasing, I wonder why pips keep getting excited about them.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Young03(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
so hapi, u created a thread instead of booking for front page
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by seedgreen(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
Following
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:
@OP
You're a dummy. There's nothing like East or West Germany anymore.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Mogidi: 8:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
DeeTus:
You're a dummy. There's nothing like East or West Germany anymore.

Tell that to Bubu not me.

1 Like

Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Tallesty1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
There's still hope.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by viceldo(m): 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
incase
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
axiliborha:
You want me to comment freemanan
You already did love...
Long time cheesy
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:
@OP
The only Germany... lol
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by IlekeHD: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:
@OP

North.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by IlekeHD: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
tinkinjow:
ever since I was born I hv heard news like this without ceasing, I wonder why pips keep getting excited about them.

Only Satan can rescue Nigeria.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Mogidi: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

North.
Ileke-Idi
Can I chop u when I get to America?
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by IlekeHD: 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Ileke-Idi

I'm not gay, sorry.

Ask freeglobe.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by IlekeHD: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Ileke-Idi

I'm not gay, sorry.

Ask freeglobe. He'll have a di*k to stroke your face.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by FreeGlobe(f): 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

I'm not gay, sorry.

Ask freeglobe.
Can I chop too? cheesy
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Mogidi: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

I'm not gay, sorry.

Ask freeglobe. He'll have a di*k to stroke your face.

Are you not Ileke-Idi? She use to be a woman, what happened?
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
There's still hope.
your english is improving.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by IlekeHD: 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Can I chop too? cheesy
Mogidi:

Are you not Ileke-Idi? She use to be a woman, what happened?

Just video tape what you two will be doing.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by FreeGlobe(f): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

I love women.. I love illekeh. I can videotape us cheesy
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by IlekeHD: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I love women.. I love illekeh. I can videotape us cheesy

I swear, there's something wrong with you.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by Mogidi: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

Before you were a woman, when did you do your sex change?

Make I chop you joor, stop to dey pose ja re.
Re: Germany Partners Nigerian Entrepreneurs To End Power Challenges by FreeGlobe(f): 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
IlekeHD:

I swear, there's something wrong with you.
you never see anything cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Osun: Gov Aregbesola Not Guilty Of Indebtedness — House Speaker,salaam / The Social Media Activism: Merits And Demerits / Cost Cutting: Shell To Cut 6,500 Jobs..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.