Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

A Nairalander's Short Film - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Nairalander's Short Film (1939 Views)

MUSTAPHA (anti-terrorism)- A Short Film By Mr Umanu Elijah / 3 NIGHTS AGO - A Nairalander's Short Film Starring Mawuli Gavor & Sika Osei / 'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
THE ASSASSINS
SHORT FILM TEST SHOOT
BLACK MAGIC CAMERA 4K

So we put together a team after we acquired the BM 4K and we decided to do a test shoot with friends, edited and GRADED all ourselves.
we are currently in PRE-PRODUCTION of our first full short film "THE SPECIAL ONES" & our feature length film "THE FOLLOWING" based on a film by Christopher Nolan with the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UELExi04GM

cc: lalasticlala seun

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
cc: lalasticlala seun
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by dejahvu(m): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nice One

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2015
Very good work, totally enjoyed that; keep it up. Grading was very on point.

Shot in Accra??

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by Mirror97: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Good job bro, keep it up

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
VillageBoi:
Very good work, totally enjoyed that; keep it up. Grading was very on point.

Shot in Accra??

yes. We shot in Accra. And we spent 2 years learning the grading and decided to put it to test before our feature film... thank you bro.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by lynx200(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
I like the shots you guys took and the picture quality as it told the story well. For a while i thought it was shot in the states or Europe though I feel the gun could have used a silencer rather than the loud bang as it was in an open street and you could have edited the gun shot better showing it was fired as the video shows that nothing happened or else you could have covered the view of the gun. The mood of the soundtrack was on track and the editing and the grading were professionally done. Overall it was a nice shot. Can't wait to see your other offerings.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
lynx200:
I like the shots you guys took and the picture quality as it told the story well. For a while i thought it was shot in the states or Europe though I feel the gun could have used a silencer rather than the loud bang as it was in an open street and you could have edited the gun shot better showing it was fired as the video shows that nothing happened or else you could have covered the view of the gun. The mood of the soundtrack was on track and the editing and the grading were professionally done. Overall it was a nice shot. Can't wait to see your other offerings.

thank you for the constructive criticism as this will help us improve. Your suggestions are on point.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by colljames001: 5:23am On Jul 05, 2015
richcasey:

thank you for the constructive criticism as this will help us improve. Your suggestions are on point.

@richcasey...please I need your help, here is my email: ayotundesenuga@yahoo.com I wil apr8 ur msg. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by Sharon10(f): 11:16pm On Jul 07, 2015
Pls I will like to b involved in dis
lynx200:
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by Akposb(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nice work.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2015
thanks for checking
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by hatux: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
Excellent man!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ok my opinion,

The only thing I would give a pass mark is sound. Although the bullet shot was wack.
You droped a lut into ur footage does not mean u have graded. Skintones were literally red.
Ur Monologue should reveal what motivates you to be a killler. Why you love the job of killing.
U used the bmpc 4k you should have at least stop down if u don't have nd's, its 12 stops can not capture naked sunlight and give a beautiful picture.
Your costume too formal seems like a comic wanna be.

Ur story not so deep.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 9:20am On Jul 19, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Ok my opinion,

The only thing I would give a pass mark is sound. Although the bullet shot was wack.
You droped a lut into ur footage does not mean u have graded. Skintones were literally red.
Ur Monologue should reveal what motivates you to be a killler. Why you love the job of killing.
U used the bmpc 4k you should have at least stop down if u don't have nd's, its 12 stops can not capture naked sunlight and give a beautiful picture.

Ur story not so deep.

thanks for the constructive criticism, it'll make us work harder and better. we would look into them and improve where need be.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
Ok my opinion,

Ur story not so deep.

Yes the skintones are red - that could be the 'look' they were going for... can never say for sure if they only dropped a LUT without further tweaking any of it. However, I get what you are saying - the grade on the 'still photo' at the end is far more in tune with human skintones.

The exposure in this short is completely acceptable. One small part on the car (around a headlight) is all that is blown-out (easy to mask and fix in Resolve). Apart from that it's pretty spot on. Who knows if they shot ETTR to reduce noise levels?!

Of course the 'story' isn't deep - it's an excerpt. Almost the same as a 'test' shot. In fact I just read what they wrote again and they DID say TEST SHOOT. It could be a stupid cat video for all we care - a test shoot does not need a story... but its nice when there is one.

One of the reasons I like this is they have and are developing skills - PERIOD! Compare 'the look' of this to any of the BIG Nollywood films shot on Arri and Red that look like home-videos and this is far, far better; definitely more 'cinematic' looking - no argument there.

Is this test perfect? Of course not... and there is no reason for it to be - its a 'test. I know we can sometimes tend to rubbish our own but truly this is a 'team' of people to be on the look out for in the future. Go and watch some of the first shorts from BIG Hollywood director names and then you'll have something to laugh about.

By the way I'm guessing you're a filmmaker or editor too? Do hang around this 'section' more often.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by prof800(m): 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
Excellent job. Keep it up. smiley
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by seiraries: 1:00am On Aug 23, 2015
[quote author=richcasey post=35473685]

Hi Rich, been trying to get across to you. Went through some of your posts and discovered we shared similar interests in movies. I do content (writing) and some more. Hoping I could somehow get my ideas across to you and gain more experience. Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 2:20am On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=seiraries post=37237578][/quote]
hello friend. i replied your email

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by seiraries: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=richcasey post=37270533] Thank you. Responded as well.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 6:18am On Sep 02, 2015
[quote author=seiraries post=37275608][/quote]

hello, i received your email. but i've been really busy. please send your whatsapp number to my email so we can chat on whatsapp. sorry for the delayed response
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by kay29000(m): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2015
This is good. The quality is what I have been looking for in Nigerian movies. That is why I really want to go into movie making in Nigeria. I don't have the money, but I know I can partner with you and we can make things happen. Are you a Nigerian? I see you said you shot the movie in Ghana.
Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by richcasey: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
kay29000:
This is good. The quality is what I have been looking for in Nigerian movies. That is why I really want to go into movie making in Nigeria. I don't have the money, but I know I can partner with you and we can make things happen. Are you a Nigerian? I see you said you shot the movie in Ghana.

money is what i need now boss. lol...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Short Film by ojoawo(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2016
I love this....

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips For A Successful Nollywood Movie Audition / Chimera - Nollywood Movie / African Movie Channel Nollywood Movie: Cluster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.