Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Who Is This Monster¿? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is This Monster¿? (6588 Views)

Short Story: I Am A Monster / Daddy’s Little Monster (A Short Romantic Story) / This Monster Was Made In NIGERIA! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
D9ty7:
You no even invite me? Na wa o!
Oga mi sorry o!
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Missmossy:
Really nice, following.
Thanks.
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fire alarm emanating from the building...

"Fire in the building?!..Where could the fire be coming from?
David is on the floor to the conference room, when he realized the floor is deserted.
Where is everyone?"
David asked himself wonderingly..

David had been in his office waiting to be called out that the guest were ready for the meeting..

Winnie had tried to reach him when she heard about the emergency but couldn't. .

He had a bulletproof and soundproof door, so how could he have heard except for the fire alarm that made him come out..

The security were forcefully moving the staffs out, they wouldn't let winnie reach out to her boss, she tried to tell them but the noise and screams and distractions didnt let them hear her.

"Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!" Workers wailing from downstairs, David could hear them but he wanted to be sure what was going on.

He bashed into the conference room to check if he would find anyone to help but he met it empty.

Where he stood he could see the smoke coming from outside into the building. . Obviously the floor below him was on fire and everybody had ran for their lives.

From the speakers...

"Fire alarm Everyone please evacuate the building, Please take the stairs..."

On hearing that, David was still shocked he stood still confused...

"Oh my God, Thank goodness I found you sir" that is Silvester his personal security man and driver...
The securities outside actually thought you had used the elevator already... Please i'm afraid you'll have to take the stairs because the elevators are on hold still"  he said while making way for his boss to go down the stairs.

David and silvester are running down the stairs when these thoughts came to his mind..

"Why would they even forget their boss in the first place? When things like this happens what should come to their minds is the safety of their boss first? ...these incompetent securities and staffs were just daft.. i'll handle them myself.." MtcheWw shifting those thoughts first...

"How did this start?... I don't get, thought all the electronics were serviced last week.."
So many questions from David

"Sir please no time for explanations yet, we need you downstairs as soon as possible, your safety first sir.

David and silvester were jumping three four steps down at a time, they were almost at the last floor when he started to ask again.....

"Okay what about everyone I hope they are safe?"

"Yes sir, they all left the building immediately they heard the alarm. They are downstairs sir.."

"What about the fire service, Have they reached out to them?

"Yes sir, they are on their way sir"

"Okay good"

They are on the ground floor now, he moved as fast as he could to the park where other staffs were.

Silvester had ran faster than him to drive out his car. David  could see how surprised most of the staffs were, they were shocked seeing him..

They actually thought he was out of his office before them, probably on his way to a better safe place. they thought!. That's why most of them ran away without even checking up on him. Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by Missmossy(f): 9:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Eyah David though grin

Ride on Trisha you are doing a wonderful job.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
The car is in front of him now...  Silvester is in the car waiting for his boss...

"Sir, sir " that's the head of HSE department Mr Joe. He is running towards David to give him the news..

"Sir i know you are wondering how it all happened. It appeared to be accident."

"An accident?! How did it happen?"

"It is an electric pole, the fed ex delivery bus  ran into the pole then it fell into the building and started the fire."

"You dont mean it"

"Its true sir, I called the fire service and they are here already.. I'm sorry sir they got here late, there was a little traffic along"

"Was the driver drunk or what? On a broad day light like this he couldn't see there was a pole there. Some people still need a thorough driving lessons. What rubbish! But I hope no casualties?"

"No sir, everyone is safe. Just some part of the building that'll need a little touching."

"I need to see it"

"Okay sir"

They walked a short distance to the other side of the building to have a look at the damages caused..

"Okay no much damages, that should be the male restroom and Mr ades office right?"

"Yes sir"

"Okay you take care of everything Joe.  Every member of your team should be fast about this. Also address he staffs on what to do, I'll be on my way to have that meeting.

"Yes sir, thank you very much sir"

Joe ran back to meet the people taking out the fire.

***to be continued ***

1 Like

Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
okay take care of everything Joe. 

"Sir?"

"Yes Winnie?"

"Sir I'm really sorry sir,.." she was scared and shaking, she couldnt even talk clearly, she thought she had already lost her job, but David is not that type of boss that just fires his staff without any proper reason.

At that point everyone needed to be at a safeplace. It is like  on your own thing, so no one is to be blamed.

"I tried to reach you but these securities didn't let me, there was so much pushing, next place I found myself.. I tried to get..." he didn't let her finish

"It's okay..  i understand winnie, no need to be scared, i'm out and fine thats the most important thing, I hope you're  okay?"

"Yes sir, okay sir, pls forgive me, all through the struggle I managed to bring out these documents and your tab for the meeting. She stretched them over to David showing him

"Okay, good, the meeting still holds then, at le meridien.  The vendors are still on their way, I'm glad they didn't get here before these incident. You can get into the car, you're coming with me"

"Okay sir"

Phone ringing... call from the vendor..

"Hello,, yes yes very true, it really happened, it's been taken care of. No one got hurt. Ah yes!.... venue changed, meeting at GRA le meridian hotel, we can carry on from there.. alright"

The hotel is owned by an italian. David and these intalians are doing a partnership in the business. The hotel  has a very big conference hall for meetings like this, he uses the place for times like this kind of emergency or mostly when he needs to get some private meetings with some vendors.

He opened the car door and hopped in at the back sit, Winnie is at the front sit..

Phone ringing,.. he picked it up..

"Hello mom, yes I'm fine. We are all fine."

It was already on the news, his parents had heard the news, thanks to social media's and bloggers.

Yes mom we got out before the damages were made, everything is under control now, Joe is on it, I'm on my way to le meridian for the meeting, yes you can tell dad I'm okay. Everything will get back in shape. No no mom no one got hurt. Yes yes I'm fine! Yes after that I'll head home. No I'll have lunch after that. Thanks mom I'll be fine."

She gave the phone to her husband..

"Hello dave, are you alright? You have no idea how shocked I was when I saw this news on nairaland, I couldn't believe my eyes, I called several times but you weren't picking, that got me more scared, so what's going on now? How did it happen? Do you need my assistance?"

"Dad no..everything it's under control, it's been taken care of. A drunk driver ran into an electric pole then it fell into the building, the fire started from there.
Im glad there was no casualty and there was no current passing through electric wires at then that was my main concern.
Mr ade is handling it now while I'm on my way for the meeting with nitel company.
The fire service has taken out the fire already. It's the men's restroom on the 2nd floor and Mr ade's office that got touched.....Yeah some parts were also damaged but like I said it's all good now.

Seems a call was coming in.. he looked at the screen of his phone for the caller
"Unknown number!..

"Oh thank God. Your mom was restless when you werent taking your calls. Im sure she'll settle now, we were almost taking the next flight back to nigeria.

"I'm glad you guys didnt, you can stay with your wife for as long as you can over there"

"Hahaha"
 that made Mr Anderson to laugh, he knows how worrisome his wife can be  about davids getting married sooner.

"My son, don't worry about her I'll take care of her. You know she care about alot and your well being that's why she's doing all she can to make you happy" David rolled his eyes, he has heard that a thousand times..

"Yes sir I've heard that" most times he calls his dad sir because of the so much respect he has for him.

Okay son don't forget to give me every details on everything. I trust you to handle it. Be a strong"

"Thanks dad,  Will Talk to you later. Bye!"

"Bye"

An unknown number still calling... he answered it and heard a strange voice then it went off...

***to be continued***
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO I see you o!

Don't just chop and clean mouth. Drop your offering.
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
TrishaP:
OluwabuqqyYOLO I see you o!

Don't just chop and clean mouth. Drop your offering.
Hey, ma'am!

Good storyline, I should say. It's quite intense and sad. It's a great story with potentials.

You alternate between tenses always - according to your mood, I think- it would be better if you stick to one. Errors kills the urge.

The flashbacks're getting a tad too much. It will be better if you face the present and make little references to the past whenever necessary.

Your diction would need proper refurbishing, too. Your punctuation are not the greatest one would run into. Benign work on them.
Also, you should try to be more punctilious necessarily; it pays. You have found a way of narrating things not so germane.

My thoughts, though.

Continue.
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by TrishaP(f): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Hey, ma'am!

Good storyline, I should say. It's quite intense and sad. It's a great story with potentials.

You alternate between tenses always - according to your mood, I think- it would be better if you stick to one. Errors kills the urge.

The flashbacks're getting a tad too much. It will be better if you face the present and make little references to the past whenever necessary.

Your diction would need proper refurbishing, too. Your punctuation are not the greatest one would run into. Benign work on them.
Also, you should try to be more punctilious necessarily; it pays. You have found a way of narrating things not so germane.

My thoughts, though.

Continue.
Ok thanks for your opinion. I appreciate.

Yes I've deviated for a while because that's how I'll want to show how it all started to till the present. The flashback has 2 or 3 episodes before I'll continue with the present.
Thanks again,
I guess I'll have to rush them up and get to the part where I started. As for the errors, I've noticed, my lack of proof reading has made me left it that way. grin.. will work on that.
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fire on pls wink
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by Olaide59(f): 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Following
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by DatBossAssChick(f): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
David seem like a strong fella.
Re: Who Is This Monster¿? by sirthisthickkal: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2015
... *sips zobo *... (8

CHAI! I have missed a lot..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread for all James Hadley Chase Books In PDF Format / Phindia.com ~ Books, Ebooks Publishers / Bloody theresa (fictional Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.