Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect (35652 Views)

Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay / Enugu And Anambra State Governor Should Construct Rail Way From Onitsha To Enugu / List Of Ministers Likely To Be Sacked By Buhari ‘soon’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 03, 2015
The brilliant comment below was made by an Economist reader in reply to this hit and run garbage of an article. I could not have articulated it any better myself.

guest-oolsann Jul 2nd, 23:09
A Nigerian is a person who believes that an opinion written by The Economist, however shallow, is from 'experts' and should be believed –unquestioned. Same Emefiele who wanted people to go "cashless" yet imposed charges on the use of ATM after Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (immediate past Central Bank Governor) stopped the charges. For me, that was a “baffling” a clear policy incoherence.
BUT I do not share the sentiment whipped up by The Economist against Emefiele through their obviously rushed article.
The Economist conclusion (which insinuates that Emefiele is better sacked) is shockingly out of logic with the point or argument it raised. One, items The Economist called "The hit list" can still be imported. Emefiele only said that importers should sort out Forex 'privately'. He did not say that items on the list are now "contraband".
Again, 'Barring politicians from flying private jets' would not necessarily 'slash demand' for them as The Economist would have us believe.
For me, it is even more "baffling" that The Economist couldn't digest d argument of Emefiele, hence they could only argue about Nigeria's 'uncompetitive forex'. I think The Economist would've written soundly on Emefiele if they took a broad perspective on the Nigerian economy. Unfortunately, they did not. For example, contrary to The Economist's hasty logic, "allow currency to devalue" wouldn't "stimulate exports" in the case of Nigeria.
For example, Akinwumi Adesina, sterling Agriculture Minister and president-elect of the African Bank for Development demonstrated that reducing importation would stimulate local production as in the case of fish. So Emefiele's policy was on point, taking a broad view of the Nigerian economy.
It is my impression that The Economist just wanted to make a point: #Emefiele is dumb! While opinion is free, the "experts" need be told that there is no logic between the issues they raised (in terms of depth and speculative implication) and the conclusion they made. The Apex Bank's governor's decision is not a correlate of incompetence and does not warrant his removal.

6 Likes

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by toluine56(m): 5:21am On Jul 03, 2015
Jorussia:
If pmb sacks him,i believe my Igbo brothers will read different meanings to it.
Who cares?
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by EvenInFreetown: 5:26am On Jul 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The man is incompetent, I tell you! As an economist myself, I know what I am saying!
First,after reading ur view,I smiled at your 'market woman' analysis of the economy and said to myself: what a pathetic and terrible analysis of yours!.Your claim that u are an economist finally pushed me to comment .it's either u are being silly or just plainly and disappointedly ignorant.I vehemently doubt that you're an economist!what a terrible mis-calculation!

10 Likes

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by kingsley3218(m): 5:33am On Jul 03, 2015
aresa:

may the combined thunder of okija shrine in the east and osun osogbo shrine in the west strike u with over a 100,000 volts...nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by chrisk9(f): 5:39am On Jul 03, 2015
ya n'unu choo chalu onye unu nye enye CBN, o bulu nwa b'anyi... lol daalu so
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by salam1(m): 5:40am On Jul 03, 2015
calebo101:
Even slave wen dey collect 700 naira a day from APC propaganda room dey call himself economist. Useless illiterate that doesn't know the fall of naira can be attributed to the fall of oil prices worldwide which is our mainstay undecided.

Go school e nor gree go. E say e be economist cheesy cheesy. Illiterate president, illiterate supporters. We don finish for Nigeria cha.
DIS ILLITERATE WILL RULE U 4 8YRS AND DERE IS NOTHING U AND BIG HEADED BROTHERS WILL DO ABOUT IT. I RATHER V AN ILLITERATE AS PRESIDENT DAN V A PHD HOLDER DAT BELEIVE 16 IS GREATER DAN 19
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by dandollaz: 5:42am On Jul 03, 2015
SS people will not talk now that the yorubas have level emefiele igbo,if he is core igbo they will be quick to distance themselves that we are not brothers.i wonder the kind of people ND people are,in bad things they hide under igbo but if its about oil they will be quick to say we are ND not igbo.God they ooo
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 03, 2015
colossus2:
You better go dey sell curtain cos this one pass your level. Anyway housefly must support sh!t. And the moomoo OP dey claim economist angry
Hahahaha... berem na home economics teacher...
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by walexbiz(m): 5:46am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:
[size=18pt]The sophisticated Yorubanese should as a matter of urgency restart their cocoa plantation economy to shore the useless Nigerian naira because sooner or later this fraud will come to an end and with it will be an end of free petrodollars.

I don't know why you people are so full of hate.

The current CBN governor is a seasoned, tested and trusted economist who was prior to his appointment an executive professional in the banking sector.

Why can't you people rise above your petty jealous ethnic sentiments?

Sanusi who you dolts continue to ride his dik was not in any way qualified to occupy the office of the CBN governor and his legacy broke the hegenomy you guys once enjoyed in the banking sector.

For how can we explain a situation where Unity Bank formerly Bank of the north was more viable than Intercontinental Bank? The useless Sanusi reduced Wema bank to a regional bank but left Unity Bank and even fought vigourisly for Jaiz bank.

The situation today is that most of your people lost interests and lucrative jobs in the banking sector and you foolish slaves still ride sanusi's dik till thy kingdom come.

When i call you people Slaves tomorow some idiota will ban me.

[/size]

With regards to the economy the CBN governor, he has really tried, in fact putting up this measure is a measure in that has long been due, the unfortunate thing is that this kind of measure should have been put in place by the former minister of trade and commerce in the last dispensation. The CBN governor should be praised for putting up such measure but putting blame on Sanusi is a misplaced and misdirected accusation to the wrong place. The former president and his cohort of highly placated self glorifying economists whom he handed the country should be held accountable for the doldrums in which we find ourselves in. They bastardized the economy and left it in a state of complete comatose. I guess when the probe thev former administration begins then we all will know the that nearly all members of the last administration should be in jail including the former president.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by chukkiephil(m): 5:48am On Jul 03, 2015
Common sense appears not to be common anymore angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by ChelseaDr(m): 5:55am On Jul 03, 2015
.".....But the CBN is autonomous and not even the President has the power to sack him.."..Sanusi
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2015
I agree... He is so useless .... Disturbing the lives of everyday Nigerian with BVN instead of implementing policies that will benefit us.

Only in Nigeria do people bank without benefits or access to loan. They collect money from the poor and hand it over to Dangote and co!!!

God will punish our leaders for being so clueless.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by DTaj: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2015
omolami:
This is pure NORTHERN agenda to have there own replace the cbn governor. Shame and foolish

Northern agenda in an article published in (and by) The Economist? Are you mad? Did you know anything about The Economist magazine? Did you know where it is located and its editorial policy?

Did you think The Economist is Vanguard or Tribune, 2 confirmed PDP mouth-pieces?

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Sibrah: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2015
omolami:
Another NORTHERN campaign against the ibos in order to put a northerner in the post. Very soon Buhari will listen without hesitation. Pure northern agenda.period.
things r perm$itted to go bad as long as your brother is in charge.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Caseless: 6:22am On Jul 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The man is incompetent, I tell you! As an economist myself, I know what I am saying!

I see...
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Caseless: 6:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Sibrah:
things r permitted to go bad as long as your brother is in charge.
don't mind that kid.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by DTaj: 6:26am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:
[size=18pt]The sophisticated Yorubanese should as a matter of urgency restart their cocoa plantation economy to shore the useless Nigerian naira because sooner or later this fraud will come to an end and with it will be an end of free petrodollars.

The current CBN governor is a seasoned, tested and trusted economist who was prior to his appointment an executive professional in the banking sector.

Sanusi who you dolts continue to ride his dik was not in any way qualified to occupy the office of the CBN governor and his legacy broke the hegenomy you guys once enjoyed in the banking sector.

For how can we explain a situation where Unity Bank formerly Bank of the north was more viable than Intercontinental Bank? The useless Sanusi reduced Wema bank to a regional bank but left Unity Bank and even fought vigourisly for Jaiz bank.

The situation today is that most of your people lost interests and lucrative jobs in the banking sector and you foolish slaves still ride sanusi's dik till thy kingdom come.

[/size]

Leo, you may be daft but please do not expect everyone to be as daft as you are! How could you say that Emefiele is 'a seasoned and trusted Economist'? How Even if you are not a banker, couldn't you have used google to search?

Emefiele had a first degree in Banking & Finance, he had no single certificate in Economics, let alone a degree! On the contrary, Sanusi that you (and many of your bigoted nut-heads) hate so much has a first degree and a Masters degree in Economics and is very competent and well respected by people who know!!! And I am a banker of over 20 years if you must know!

How people just lie shamelessly and expect everyone (anyway, the gullible, daft ones) to believe them is just incredible! And some 32 clowns already hit the 'like' button for this thrash of a comment! Imagine this dunderhead saying that Sanusi was not qualified for CBN Governor!!!

Kai, there are a lot of lost souls on Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by ideykwum: 6:27am On Jul 03, 2015
You don't know what you are saying! You must be a half-baked economist if you don't know what is truly happening! What Emefiele is doing is what some call a "selective de-linking from the global economy", and it is used to shore up the balance of payments position and to manage macroeconomic parameters like the current run on the naira!

It is expected that partisan entities like The Economists would defend foreign export drives, especially if a reporter is commissioned by an interested party!

If you are truly an economist, you'd also know that there is no full-proof solution to economic scenarios, rather what we try to do is to adapt economic theories to peculiar realities ushered by the externalities in a geographical location. What works for America, may not work here!

Despite knowing (as a true economist should know) the reason the Naira dropped in value, you have attributed it to Emefiele to tar him with the brush of incompetence! When will goons like you know the limit of playing politics

Emefiele is not alone, if you truly know how the CBN works!! It's clear that the Monetary Policy Committee are in support of his approach (read the last MPC report) and they are made of the best brains in Economics in these climes!

Stop deceiving Nairalanders and inciting the general public!!!

NgeneUkwenu:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by trillville(m): 6:30am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:

Try and get sense. We are still suffering the gross foolishness of you Janjawiid broom wielding zombies who vote in this gerriatic I,literate as President.

Elections are over so no need to play the ethnic card .

Read up on each post here on this thread before commenting from that your ritual enclave in Osogbo.

Any sensible person will know that the current or past CBN governor is not responsible for the current fall of the Naira. Jonathan being the head of the last government is therefore the main culprit in this disaster we find ourselves in.

I view the current CBN governor's actions as Buhari's policy because it is similar to the actions Buhari took in the 80's (please research Buharinomics). Therefore, Buhari and the CBN governor are are probably on the same page.

If you insult the CBN governor's actions, you are invariably insulting Buhari's policy and also if you insult Buhari (as in your case), you are also insulting the CBN governor.

https://www.nairaland.com/1026074/buharinomics-buharis-economic-program-salvage
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by ideykwum: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2015
Don't mind the buffoon! I hate liars and people who incite the general public over nothing because of their poor intellect! Alexander Pope said:"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing; drink deep of the Pierian spring, or taste not! Shallow draughts intoxicates, drinking largely sobers us!"

NgeneUkwenu is intoxicated!!

Sultannayef:
@NgeneUkwenu.. Are you just naturally stupid or is it artificially inflated? The CBN governor is increasingly trying to prop up Naira.. people like you are still not happy. If he leaves it to devalue further, which I think is the right policy, you'll still complain that Emefiele has gone mad again.. What is wrong with you??
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by BabaO2: 6:38am On Jul 03, 2015
dunkem21:
Town Criers grin

..Let's test the popularity of the President and see if he can muscle the loyalty of 2/3 of senate .

..and replace him with another Daura, abi
Did jonathan go to national assembly to remove sanusi lamido?, the man emefielle is a dullard, he should be kicked out immediately.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Abagworo(m): 6:42am On Jul 03, 2015
Emefieles job is to cover up the loot of the past Government and I think he has completed it. Time to move on and dispose CBN of corruption.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by ideykwum: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2015
You don't need to enlighten the scallywag! I've never been this upset!! NgeneUkwenu is a disappointment to any right thinking Nigerian!

Basic economic parameters elude him/her! (I can't believe a woman can be this unethical!)

LeOstrich:

Look at this fool.

The CBN does not generate wealth for the Nation but manages what the country generates.

Since over 90% of forex, which by the way is used to shore the naira, is derived from oil sales and given the fact that oil prices are low and our main market (US) has boycotted our oil, it is thus no brainier to expect our forex reserves will drop.

And coupled with the fact we virtually import everything then it is expected that the naira will be in serious pressure.

But I don't expect you to understand since fools like you are so beclouded with tribal sentiments and igbophobia to see beyond the tribe of the current CBN governor.

Why not ask yourself what you lot have done to increase our export base and reduce our dependence on imports.

If you even had any sense you will know that Buhari's emergence as President was on the behest of western govts which by and large are controlled by private corporations .

The economist author never provided an alternative to shoring up the naira but rather hinged his argument against the ban of non essential commodities like Rice, Sardines and toothpicks. The author goes on to mock us as not capable of feeding our selves.

I want you to read on how the then US president, Bill Clinton ruined the Haitian economy by forcing US rice which where banned in Japan and China unto the Haitian market and the devastating impact it caused that nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by UnknownT: 6:50am On Jul 03, 2015
All these excuses APC is giving.
1. Buhari can't work with Saraki to deliver the change he has for Nigeria, that Saraki will be frustrating his moves
2. Buhari can't work with Emefiele as CBN governor before he can deliver the change. You guys are something else ! Aswear!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by reuben79: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

He should be replaced by another competent Igbo man/woman, if that will calm nerves! All I know is that, the empty skull should be sacked! Enough is Enough!
why its must Igbo man? when sanusi Ws sacked he Ws replace by Niger delta man.so pmb should look 4 competent Nigeria man.one Nigeria
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by ideykwum: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Don't reply people like that!! Leave them to wallow in their hate and pain! Let them marinate on their prejudice and be used as apostles to truncate interests that should be theirs because of a mess of porridge!

They'd lie, falsify, and generally turn everything on its head to justify untenable positions! When the exact reverse is placed in their context, they'd chew and swallow their words and seek to lie once more through their haze of ignorance!

No, PhockPhockMan, you are not allowed to correct such people!! History says that they'd pass away like a foul wind from a rancid behind...A lot of noise and smell, and final oblivion!!!

PhockPhockMan:

Go and sack him na, is it not the same you and the other hermaphrodite that insisted that Jonathan has no power to sack Sanusi.

Hypocrites.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2015
Its on Nairaland n Nigeria that u see someone who studied nursing and yet is a guru in analysing the Nigerian economy...

Ngene, There is no stu.pid person like u.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by BabaO2: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:

[/size]
Why are you so afraid and disturbed because a fact is raised. reading economics at school and working at zenith bank doesn't qualify Emefiele for your embellishments of him. there are 1001 of economic graduates that are better equipped for the job than Emefiele. Emefiele is not sound at all, he belong to the same class with Goodluck Jonathan. He was politically installed to act as a conduit pipe for Jonathan nothing more. It is you that should rise above ethnic sentiment and face the reality.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by silvernus0: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Beremx:
He must be sacked no doubt! That's for sure.
yes o sack nd apoint an aboki as part of d change plan , bt wait wat has cbn gov got to do wen there is no finance minister ??

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by dokyOloye: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2015
stevecantrell:

I'm not an economist, but the allegations of criminality against him seem to have truth in them. He deliberately wrecked the Naira with his shady activities and will continue to wreck the economy if allowed to continue.
my friend,is it Emefiele that crashed d price of crude oil or told d US to stop buying our oil?
Can U check how d currencies of other oil dependent countries have fared since d fall of oil price?
Wc allegations of criminality?At most U can call it incompetence,there was never an accusation of criminality.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by menxer: 7:11am On Jul 03, 2015
omolami:
Another NORTHERN campaign against the ibos in order to put a northerner in the post. Very soon Buhari will listen without hesitation. Pure northern agenda.period.

I guess Emfiele should ve walked the path of Soludo and make the igbos and Nigeria proud.

is the present cbn policy not affecting the igbos the most, since they are majority in business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Strikes Boko Haram Terrorist’s Vehicle Workshop / Osinbajo Discharged After Successful Surgery, Rehabilitation At Duchess Hospital / Bidemi Babafemi Ojudu Graduates With First Class From The UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.