Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. (3093 Views)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by IamSassy(f): 12:19am On Jul 03, 2015
Hello everybody, pls from your point of view, what are the advantages and disadvantages o getting married early e.g at 21yrs for a lady that has graduated from higher institution, and is mature.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by DennisEche(m): 12:31am On Jul 03, 2015
21 is no longer too early........since you have graduated you are good to go
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by Cutehector(m): 6:55am On Jul 03, 2015
I suggest u get smth dat will engage u.. Work or business... Befor u get married..

3 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by MsBliss(f): 7:46am On Jul 03, 2015
21 is early for you to get married

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by funlord(m): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2015
grin
There is no advantage in getting married @ 21! Focus on your career, sow your wild oats and then revisit the issue when you are 30! By then you would have hopefully gotten the requisite experience required 2 survive in a marriage

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by IamSassy(f): 11:49am On Jul 03, 2015
Are you for real? at 30 shocked
funlord:
grin
There is no advantage in getting married @ 21! Focus on your career, sow your wild oats and then revisit the issue when you are 30! By then you would have hopefully gotten the requisite experience required 2 survive in a marriage

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by funlord(m): 11:59am On Jul 03, 2015
grin
IamSassy:
Are you for real? at 30 shocked

What is wrong with getting hitched @ 30? By that time U would be mature enough 2 be able 2 withstand the rigours of marriage while also being in prime condition to bear kids! You women always think marrying early is 1 big thing, forgetting that your 20's are the period when you should explore your options in life as well as your womanhood and sexuality while also gaining valuable experience in how 2 deal with members of the opposite sex in relationships, Instead of tying yourselves down so early and then regretting your decisions and becoming bitter about your marriages after seeing your mates doing big things with their lives and living free! I've seen it all!

5 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by Sunnypar(m): 10:16am On Feb 27, 2016
sad
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by Olasco93: 11:43am On Feb 27, 2016
We have always been living under the influence of the Society, where society dictates everything for us, forgeting the seemingly consequencies.
Last i checked, it was not written anywhere in the Scripture ''the Ripe age for marriage.''
It has always been two people, who have made up their mind to become Husband & Wife in all ramification, ready to do what it all entails as couples, two people that have Dreams, Focus and Purpose, two people coming together, (not trying to change each other), but striving to make each other better than they met them. Most importantly two people coming together to be Help-Meet to each other without 'Selfishness, Self-centeredness,' but Selfless...

2 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by Sunnypar(m): 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Olasco93:
We have always be living under the influence of the Society, where society dictates everything for us, forgeting the seemingly consequencies.
Last i checked, it was not written anywhere in the Scripture ''the Ripe age for marriage.''
It has always been two people, who have made up their mind to become Husband & Wife in all ramification, ready to do what it all entails as couples, two people that have Dreams, Focus and Purpose, two people coming together, (not trying to change each other), but striving to make each other better than they met them. Most importantly two people coming together to be Help-Meet to each other without 'Selfishness, Self-centeredness,' but Selfless...
cool

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
21 getting married in this present economic situation?
how much is in ya bank account? do you have fixed or moveable assets? abi you don land maga? grin
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by byvan03: 2:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
I don't know any disadvantages as a 21years old graduate isn't a baby. As long as you ain't marrying an aged man boy. If you are feeling it, you are good to go, take your brain with ya. By 26-27 you are done with kids, lots of time to be whatever you want to be. Just know who you are marrying.

Early marriage isn't the cause of failed marriages we read about everyday.

8 Likes

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by ogawisdom(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2016
IamSassy:
Hello everybody, pls from your point of view, what are the advantages and disadvantages o getting married early e.g at 21yrs for a lady that has graduated from higher institution, and is mature.

For a woman you shld marry after sch n u see someone who loves u, every other thing will b added onto u. D story of life is different for everyone. Anything 21 plus is okay provided u have graduated.

If u chase a good husband away bc u wanna explore life till 30, ur matter fit later turn to village prayer point. U dnt wanna get to a point in life dt all men wanna have wit u is sex angry none will want marriage BC age is still an issue for ladies in marriage BC her eggs r numbered n runs out wit age.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by davidif: 11:41am On Mar 23, 2017
funlord:
grin

What is wrong with getting hitched @ 30? By that time U would be mature enough 2 be able 2 withstand the rigours of marriage while also being in prime condition to bear kids! You women always think marrying early is 1 big thing, forgetting that your 20's are the period when you should explore your options in life as well as your womanhood and sexuality while also gaining valuable experience in how 2 deal with members of the opposite sex in relationships, Instead of tying yourselves down so early and then regretting your decisions and becoming bitter about your marriages after seeing your mates doing big things with their lives and living free! I've seen it all!

Pathetic advice. Absolutely pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by bukatyne(f): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
byvan03:
I don't know any disadvantages as a 21years old graduate isn't a baby. As long as you ain't marrying an aged man boy. If you are feeling it, you are good to go, take your brain with ya. By 26-27 you are done with kids, lots of time to be whatever you want to be. Just know who you are marrying.

Early marriage isn't the cause of failed marriages we read about everyday.

kiss

The problem is not the age you marry, it's who you marry and your aspirations in life. It is also your mindset towards marriage. I see a lot of peeps see marriage as an end and so want to 'chop' life, 'discover themselves', build an empire etc. before they get married.

Marriage is both of you coming together to build your lives.

Many people have after marriage and kids launched into a fanastic career. I opened a thread earlier on Danielle Crittenden 's opinion that women marry early (to young men), have all their kids and go to build a career than attempt to build a career first before marriage.

Building a career takes years circa 20yrs so why would I want to start at 21 and be running at 40 to have a family when I could marry at 25, build my family (stay home/ work normally without the pressure of building) and launch deeply at 35 till 65 if I like?

@Fun: I never saw jumping dicks, drinking and excessive partying as 'enjoyment' so I could marry at 20 and still enjoy my life.

Again, I will say the right time for everyone is different.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by bukatyne(f): 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
funlord:
grin

1. What is wrong with getting hitched @ 30? By that time U would be mature enough 2 be able 2 withstand the rigours of marriage while also being in prime condition to bear kids!

2.You women always think marrying early is 1 big thing, forgetting that your 20's are the period when you should explore your options in life as well as your womanhood and sexuality while also gaining valuable experience in how 2 deal with members of the opposite sex in relationships

3. Instead of tying yourselves down so early and then regretting your decisions and becoming bitter about your marriages after seeing your mates doing big things with their lives and living free! I've seen it all!

1. There is nothing wrong at marrying by 30 however, you do not need to be 30 before you understand men, how to handle relationships or the 'rigors' of marriage. Well, prime time to bear kids is relative for each woman. Some a still fit at 50, some are menopausing at 30. How do you know the bucket you belong?

2. I don't know what you mean by exploring sexuality and womanhood but if it is by jumping dicks or dating several guys, it is not worth it. Again, what excites you at 23 will be different from what turns you on at 30. If you think 20 - 29 is long enough to decide what you want to do, then you are on a long thing. At 40, you will discover stuffs you never knew about yourself or new areas of interest. 50 might even bring 'new options in life for you'.

3. Actually any woman who married the wrong husband or doesn't have a purpose in life will feel the same way.... whether she married at 20 or 40.

1 Like

Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by megareal: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
When you marry @ 21, by 31, you will be regretting and wishing you were free to do those things you should have done @21-26.
I'd say, pursue a career, develop a marketable talent, make great friends and network connections.

If you regret in 3 years, then go and marry. cool
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
megareal:
When you marry @ 21, by 31, you will be regretting and wishing you were free to do those things you should have done @21-26.
I'd say, pursue a career, develop a marketable talent, make great friends and network connections.

If you regret in 3 years, then go and marry. cool

@ 31, after 10yr of marriage, What are the things you will wish you did?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by baby124: 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
If you know yourself well, you will know if marriage at 21 is right for you. That you still have to ask this question shows you need to give yourself time before marrying. I personally do not think anyone should be marrying before finishing school or learning a trade. Also try to get some work experience before jumping into marriage.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by megareal: 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2017
bukatyne:

@ 31, after 10yr of marriage, What are the things you will wish you did?

A lot. But the list isn't definite cos it depends on the individual; her plans, dreams and visions prior to marriage.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by bukatyne(f): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
megareal:

A lot. But the list isn't definite cos it depends on the individual; her plans, dreams and visions prior to marriage.

But a good marriage doesn't stop these things na.

She can still achieve her plans, dreams etc. in the marriage.

So does these dreams and plans stop after marriage?
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by megareal: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
bukatyne:

[
But a good marriage doesn't stop these things na.

She can still achieve her plans, dreams etc. in the marriage.

So does these dreams and plans stop after marriage?

At the bolded, some women don't get into good marriages. The lucky ones still can with a very supportive husband. The mainly unlucky ones that inspired my comments don't.

A lot of factors crop up to derail their ambitions. Some may go ahead to carve a different path for their lives which still leaves them unsatisfied. Because truth be told, contentment comes from following your real dreams.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
megareal:

At the bolded, some women don't get into good marriages. The lucky ones still can with a very supportive husband. The mainly unlucky ones that inspired my comments don't.

A lot of factors crop up to derail their ambitions. Some may go ahead to carve a different path for their lives which still leaves them unsatisfied. Because truth be told, contentment comes from following your real dreams.

But you will agree with me that a woman can achieve some dreams, marry and still get derailed by a Bad marriage.

So it's not a function of age whicheck is my point all along.

And I don't support undergraduates getting married.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by megareal: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
bukatyne:

But you will agree with me that a woman can achieve some dreams, marry and still get derailed by a Bad marriage.

So it's not a function of age whicheck is my point all along.

And I don't support undergraduates getting married.

Age plays some part. Pursuing your dreams at a young age exposes you to different sides of life. You are free and unhibited (not sexually), more like psychologically, can make your decisions without influence and can chart a path for yourself. The confidence derived from early attainment can help make a better decision towards the choice of a life partner.

Peradventure she gets derailed, she can easily rechart her life. For e.g, It's easier for a woman who has attained a part of her dreams to walk out of an abusive marriage than for the one who hasn't or is still waiting to.

Graduating university isn't that achievement for me, pursuing or achieving life goals that make you individualistic from your spouse is what I'm talking about.

Besides, it's way difficult for a woman to achieve life goals in marriage.

I guarantee you , if the OP pursues her dreams for the next three years before settling down, she'll be happier for it if she gets married at 24.
Re: Advantages And Disadvantage Of Early Marriaage. by byvan03: 8:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
bukatyne:

kiss

The problem is not the age you marry, it's who you marry and your aspirations in life. It is also your mindset towards marriage. I see a lot of peeps see marriage as an end and so want to 'chop' life, 'discover themselves', build an empire etc. before they get married.

Marriage is both of you coming together to build your lives.

Many people have after marriage and kids launched into a fanastic career. I opened a thread earlier on Danielle Crittenden 's opinion that women marry early (to young men), have all their kids and go to build a career than attempt to build a career first before marriage.

Building a career takes years circa 2yrs so why would I want to start at 21 and be running at 40 to have a family when I could marry at 25, build my family (stay home/ work normally without the pressure of building) and launch deeply at 35 till 65 if I like?

@Fun: I never saw jumping dicks, drinking and excessive partying as 'enjoyment' so I could marry at 20 and still enjoy my life.

Again, I will say the right time for everyone is different.

Lol @ jumping dicks, on point!

(1) (Reply)

You Think You Know Your Taurus Man Or Lady Well Enough / These 7 Unsolved Mysteries Will Leave You Terrified / Do I Go Back Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.