Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:43 PM

Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits (2339 Views)

My Weight-loss Story: How I Went From A Size 12 To Size 6/8 / How To Make 6 Digits Income With Oriflame / See What The Last 4 Digits Of Your Cell Phone Number Says About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits by DONSIA(m): 12:39am On Jul 03, 2015
If you just buy MTN airtime from any vendor, you might be surprised to notice the digits are no longer 12 like they used to be. Fears of it being fake might make you return it back to the vendor. It seems we have exhausted the 12 digit PINs and MTN have migrated to using 16 digits.

They took to their Facebook page to calm any doubts in the minds of users saying :
We wish to confirm that the 16 digit logical PINs currently in circulation are genuine.
While the new 16-digit PINs will ultimately replace the regular 12 digit PIN currently in use, please note that all recharge cards with the 12-digit PIN remain valid while stock last. We urge all customers to purchase their logical PINs and recharge cards from only authorised vendors or retailers
So from henceforth if you come across any MTN Recharge PIN with 16 digits, fear not and use it like you normally do.
what do you think about the new MTN Airtime Code?
Re: Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits by markidoo(m): 1:10am On Jul 03, 2015
My take on dz thread is dat 16 digit is too long.

1 Like

Re: Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 03, 2015
This topic is riding on it's 16th route to FP!
Re: Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 3:02am On Jul 03, 2015
Just hearing it for the first time here
Re: Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 03, 2015
I'm surprised 12 pin combinations even lasted longer than two years. Only God knows how they kept using them without making duplicate copies.
Re: Wonder: MTN Changes Airtime Code From 12 To 16 Digits by SFSNIPER(m): 5:42am On Jul 03, 2015
Why the change?

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Mysterious Bat With A Horse Like Face Found In Warri. / The Ongoing Drainage Construction Along Aba-Owerri Road (photos) / Betrayal Of Trust (read This)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.