Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:13 AM

Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) (21654 Views)

Osinbajo Replaces Babachir At New Boards Committee: Dailytrust / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) / Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by dtruth3(m): 2:22am On Jul 03, 2015
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufa’i, said the state Ministry of Science and Technology, in collaboration with Science Technology Forum (STF), has successfully produced bio-ethanol fuel grade from sugarcane.

Governor el-Rufa’i made this known while declaring open an international workshop on biofuel production technology, which took place at the
National Research Institute for Chemical Technology (NARICT), Zaria.

Represented by the Permanent Secretary of the state Ministry of Science and Technology, Dr. Madina Shehu, el-Rufa’i said the government intends to upgrade that initiative into a full scale commercial outfit.

“In line with this initiative, the state government is on the process of constructing another plant at Unguwan Mu’azu to produce bio-diesel from Jatropha Curcas,” el-Rufa’i said.

The Director General of NARICT, Professor Idris Bugaje, in his remarks, advocated for inclusion of biofuel training at the undergraduate, National Certificate in Education (NCE), National and Higher National Diploma levels in order to address the country’s renewable energy challenges.

The don said it is imperative for the country to give emphasis to research on biofuel in view of the fact that renewable energy plays critical role in national growth and development of countries world over, adding that the sector can create job opportunities to the army of the country’s unemployed youths.
Bugaje urged the federal government to prioritise the completion of the Petroleum Training Institute, Kaduna, which was started by late President Umaru Yar’adua, but abandoned after his death.

He also called for the renaming of the institute to Petroleum and Biofuels

Technology Training Institute (PBTTI) in order to expand the mandate of the institute to include biofuel.

Former vice-chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, Professor Ango Abdullahi, lamented how Nigeria’s technological breakthroughs and researches are dusting up on the shelves of different tertiary institutions of the country.
Ango said Nigeria needs to find alternative to firewood, otherwise desert encroachment would continue to be one of the predicaments of the country, adding that patriotic leadership can utilise the resources of Nigeria to address her different challenges.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/agriculture/58833-kaduna-is-now-producing-fuel-from-sugarcane-el-rufa-i

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 03, 2015
Fix ur source link...

If dis true then its a good bad news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by mistabiola: 2:26am On Jul 03, 2015
Are you for real cheesy
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:33am On Jul 03, 2015
Goodnews

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by dtruth3(m): 2:37am On Jul 03, 2015
Luedave:
Fix ur source link...

If dis true then its a good bad news
Fixed
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 03, 2015
dtruth3:
Fixed
lalasticlala
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by AnyibestDede(m): 3:00am On Jul 03, 2015
Sugarcane fuel? Interesting!

8 Likes

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Dollyak(f): 3:04am On Jul 03, 2015
I hope they can generate enough income that will enable them to agree to fiscal federalism.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by hakeem4(m): 3:05am On Jul 03, 2015
Haha

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by egift(m): 3:07am On Jul 03, 2015
Anything that spice up Nigerians economy is a good thing. God bless Nigeria!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 03, 2015
egift:
Anything that spice up Nigerians economy is a good thing. God bless Nigeria!

Anything that hastens disintegration of this entity is great news! cheesy

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 03, 2015
The midget governor always wanting to be on the news.

I thought I was to read something reasonable sef. Mtcheew undecided

7 Likes

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by egift(m): 3:23am On Jul 03, 2015
Normality:

Anything that hastens disintegration of this entity is great news! cheesy

Your great-grand children will still be Nigerians. We do not want any "Mexico" beside the "United States" of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

Our country Nigeria is the giant of Africa!

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 03, 2015
egift:

[s]Your great-grand children will still be Nigerians. We do not want any "Mexico" beside the "United States" of Nigeria [/s]grin grin grin grin

Our country Nigeria is the epitome of everything bad about Africa!

God-forbid evil.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by egift(m): 3:50am On Jul 03, 2015
Normality:
God-forbid evil.

Mr. Separatist, please never you change the text of my content again. You are free to type your poison, but abeg leave mine the way I said it. Better still, you can leave quoting me. Cheers!

24 Likes

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Dollyak(f): 3:53am On Jul 03, 2015
egift:

Your great-grand children will still be Nigerians. We do not want any "Mexico" beside the "United States" of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

If this kinda mistrust, ethnic bias, religious violence, tribal intolerance you guys are experiencing continues then I feel pity for your children. Nigeria cannot last with this current structures.
Giant of Africa my foot.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by egift(m): 3:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:

If this kinda mistrust, ethnic bias, religious violence, tribal intolerant continues in Nigeria then I feel pity for your children. Nigeria cannot last with this current structures.

First of all, Nigeria will remain one. If you have any useful thing to contribute to this topic do. Else face front.

Nigeria is growing, and you are crying #WailingWailers

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Ikengawo: 4:03am On Jul 03, 2015
Why is this breaking news if the technology is 112 years old?
Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by typ111: 4:10am On Jul 03, 2015
Someone should confirm it first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Dollyak(f): 4:19am On Jul 03, 2015
egift:

First of all, Nigeria will remain one. If you have any useful thing to contribute to this topic do. Else face front.

Nigeria is growing, and you are crying #WailingWailers
I don't care too much if it does or doesn't. If the citizens can be stupid enough not to aggressively demand for a better life and reform so why should I worry too much? Nigerians are short sighted and they don't seem to like themselves too much. This is a fact for the supposedly giant of Africa.
1 Nigeria has one of the highest unnatural death statistics in the world due to road accident, boko haram, work hazard etc.
2. Very high poverty rate.
3. Very low human development index
4. Very high corruption
5. Very high crime rate etc
Yet you are kidding yourself that you are the giant of Africa grin. Most people would rather they were born in small countries like Seychelles, instead of Nigeria. Anyways, I admire your optimism or dare I say delusion.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Emekamex(m): 4:26am On Jul 03, 2015
Who cares
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by kheart(m): 4:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Makarfi lg d hub of sugarcane in africa, I serve there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by SMREXY(m): 5:35am On Jul 03, 2015
Hhmmm... This is a welcomed development, if true!
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by deewhone(f): 5:45am On Jul 03, 2015
Not surprised, wen dem dey get kero 4rm leaf nko?
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by jstbeinhonest(m): 6:07am On Jul 03, 2015
Chai! So sugar cane go cum dey scarce shey?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 03, 2015
Say whatever you like, elrufai is championing new stuff in Kd. And I'm not even surprised.
My only problem is.... will an hausa mam rather eat his sugarcane or turn it in for fuel?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by MKO4ever(m): 6:14am On Jul 03, 2015
Sugarcane fuel? To be used for what? Drinking or what? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by SPG4U(m): 6:26am On Jul 03, 2015
[size=30pt]perhaps we all can have a sweet and sugar filled RIDE [/size]

6 Likes

Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by HAH: 6:29am On Jul 03, 2015
Elrafai always setting pace in good governance
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by olalekan9320(m): 6:33am On Jul 03, 2015
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]can it b possible
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by softvio(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2015
Good news! Hope the north(nigeria) will now leave the niger delta oil alone?
Re: Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) by omenka(m): 6:48am On Jul 03, 2015
egift:

Your great-grand children will still be Nigerians. We do not want any Mexico beside the "United States" of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

Rotflmao! grin Na wa oo! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Answer this question from nnamdi kanu if you think lagos is not no man's land. / Calistus Okafor Faction Of LP To Hold Presidential Primary Today / APC Presidential Campaign In Anambra And Imo To Be Held on Mondays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.