Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,767 members, 7,802,345 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times (27306 Views)

Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To Revelations About The DG SSS / Buhari recalls kinsman from retirement, appoints him DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2015
BABA are we safe

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:

My post was intended as tongue in cheek(sarcarsm). I agree with you

Sorry grin dear. Few Nigerians understand sarcasm! So thread cautiously next time.. .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Okeikpu(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2015
Boko haram leader is now our president, u pple shud realize that.......
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Rasdagama: 9:20am On Jul 03, 2015
augster:
This is for MemphisDepay and my groupies.

Buhari!! Don't let those that voted you in down! And this one you're appointing only northeners undecided

You aren't seen nothing yet. The journey to the "islamization" of Nigeria has just began. Was it not the same Buhari, who recently announced that all those civil servants who had put in 30 years should be forcefully retired. Why call back one of those that falls in that category?
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Dollyak(f): 9:20am On Jul 03, 2015
vfactor:

Sorry grin dear. Few Nigerians understand sarcasm! So thread cautiously next time.. .
lol I had to slide the word sarcarsm in there to avoid abuse grin. Next time I will put 'I dey joke'
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by deadie(m): 9:22am On Jul 03, 2015
Dullardinh0 Gaucho :-)
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by princesslucy83: 9:31am On Jul 03, 2015
Is this the change we asked for? Buhari appointing only Northerners for vital position, hmmmmm .
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by bayonekind(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/186003-buhari-recalls-kinsman-from-retirement-appoints-him-dg-sss.html
Cc lalasticlala

I careless about any appointment .....I just want his good leadership roles bring back integrity to this country ..He has not appoint any power minister but power is getting stable ....that mean his leadership impact is working .
Let 4get who buhari is appointing ...let focus what the appointee will do ...
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by kingandamy4life(m): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2015
How can a president make appointment only from a northern region in all his recent appointment so far and u think pple of other regions will be happy. And some fools say dey re d only qualified pple. God help us
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by sweetgala(m): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:
He ignored the entire senior cadre of the agency simply because they are Southerners mostly, from Bassey Eteng to the least, even if he wanted to pick a Northerner he should have picked from the service rather than a 62 year old retiree whose only qualification is him being Buhari's kinsman who was in the SSS, When Jonathan appointed Ekpenyong he was already Director Operations, same for Gadzama who Yar’Adua appointed, the nation's premier intelligence agency should not be destroyed on the altar of ethnic bigotry

It was not a matter of picking a northerner vs a Southerner from the DSS, he did not trust anybody in that organisation north or south.

He went and took someone he trusts to fix the rot
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by victoreltemur: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2015
augster:

Buhari!! Don't let those that voted you in down! And this one you're appointing only northeners undecided
mr,buhari has done notin wrong.for d past twenty yrs plus,every president has employed somone from his zone as SS DG,so y are we all crying foul here now,...pls calm down abeg

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by victoreltemur: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:
He ignored the entire senior cadre of the agency simply because they are Southerners mostly, from Bassey Eteng to the least, even if he wanted to pick a Northerner he should have picked from the service rather than a 62 year old retiree whose only qualification is him being Buhari's kinsman who was in the SSS, When Jonathan appointed Ekpenyong he was already Director Operations, same for Gadzama who Yar’Adua appointed, the nation's premier intelligence agency should not be destroyed on the altar of ethnic bigotry
but u do not think tthat d president Has the right to only use somone LOYAL to him as d head of such a sensitive security organisation? What if all dose names u mentioned we're not..must he use dem cos dts ur opinion?
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by ocelot2006(m): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2015
fitzmayowa:

In as much as i gree with some part of your post, i would like to add PMB reserves the right to appoint whoever he deems fit that can perform on the job....

The main thing we should be after is the competence, performance and achievement of the new appointee on the job...IMHO

I agree that the president reserves the right to appoint whoever he wants. But this new appointment REEKS of nepotism. My main concern though is that all appointments till date have been skewed to favour only the Northern region, a clear example of Tribalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by 9jauk: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2015
augster:

Tinubu can you see the mess you put southerners all d relevant appointments gone to Northerners
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by ravgach: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2015
victoreltemur:
mr,buhari has done notin wrong.for d past twenty yrs plus,every president has employed somone from his zone as SS DG,so y are we all crying foul here now,...pls calm down abeg

Have you really been watching the pattern of his appointments since he assumed office? You have to be honest at times.

Let's kontunu to wash him. We are lukin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by rectitude(m): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:
I don't agree with the author. I think the northerners are the most suitable people for the job. In addition, he need someone he can trust for such a sensitive job and not a mere southerner who are not trustworthy. *Sarcarsm grin*
In all seriousness, I genuinely hope they would serve the country in fairness and with dignity.

Dollyak, you look so much like a friend I've lost in touch with, I've sent you a message waiting your response but better still, you can reply me with your Facebook name via mail meekglorious@yahoo.com.am for real ok
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by leo2020: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Nairaland is one place where jobless Nigerian youth get busy...Keeping on ranting here about every of govt's move..
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by akman(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Guys lets get the facts right:

1. Mr Ita Ekpenyong was the state director of SSS in anambra state as at the time of his appointment by the then president Jonathan, and not the director of operations at the national head quarters as reported here.

2. The hierarchy in SSS presupposes that the most senior director by rank at the national head quarters and not state director, is the second in command to the DG,SSS. To that extent, the national head quarters had over six (6) national directors at that level at the point, from various parts of the country so the statement that MR Ita was second in command by virtue of his being director operations ( which also isn't true) is a fallacy.

3. It can't be said or heard that his appointment was based on seniority or even merit, because when he was appointed, about six directors if not more who we're his seniors and with enviable credentials and personalities had to be compulsorily retired cos according to the military and para-military tradition, such officers could not be answerable to him.

4. Mr Ita though from cross rivers state, was the state director of SSS in bayelsa state the period when efcc instigated the impeachment of the then governor alamieghsia under the watchful eyes of other security agencies including SSS, an action which automatically made Goodluck Jonathan, who was then the deputy governor to assume position as governor of bayelsa state.

So it's not difficult to see how his appointment came about.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by tonte(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2015
Let's say GEJ appointed someone from Otuoeke for that position, and even brought him from retirement....will you be saying this absolute nonsense you are now saying? What you mean u think northerners are more suitable for the job..... Are you taking the piss with this one?

Dollyak:
I don't agree with the author. I think the northerners are the most suitable people for the job. In addition, he need someone he can trust for such a sensitive job and not a mere southerner who are not trustworthy. *Sarcarsm grin*
In all seriousness, I genuinely hope they would serve the country in fairness and with dignity.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by ahizih(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2015
The new DG SSS joined the service in 1982 and the agency is one of the three security agencies created out of the defunct National Security Organisation in 1986. Am still trying to get this clear,whether the man started working with the agency four years before it was established.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Geesarki(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2015
TheImp:
Jonathan had a Northern NSA and Ita Ekpenyong was the most senior SSS Director when GEJ made him DG so it was not ethnic, Buhari is just a bigoted fellow

But he didn't meet a highly partisan DSS wen he came on board. As for Buhari, d DSS is rotten and anti-change, so he needs sum1 he can trust outside d circle.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by fizziea(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2015
President Buhari baba

baba go slow
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by 49cents(m): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2015
samplegirl:

You think only the northerners are suitable for the job just the way you think only them are suitable to rule Nigeria.

They have ruled this country more than any other region yet they are most backward in education and standard of living.

Please advise him to exhume the dead in Duara because they are the only ones suitable for the job.

He is giving job to the pensioners while young graduates are roaming the streets and someone here is comfortable with it. Tell me while politicians will ever take us serious when we are ever ready to swallow every shit from them.

Let us keep living in the world of I HOPE HE WILL DO THIS or I BELIEVE HE WILL DO THAT while the seconds of the clock is ticking.

What a brillaint post!!!!

Nigerian youths especially those who bought the Buharist offer are way too proud to admmit that they have been duped

Nigeria belongs to us the youths not people who have don'te their time

How can we fold our arms with all our knowledge and skill andhope that people with a huge disconnect with the contemporary reality of technoilogy and speed to plan our future for us

Buhari has shown that he is not pro_youth if he was he won't have run in the first place but would have backed a Ribadu or an Utomi

Your commebt on "re-emplying a pension while jobless youths roam the street" is a classic

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by hush15: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:

Well Pretty,

as a republican, I don't expect much from him. However, he needs to stop the mentality of if it is PDP, then it's not worthy. In fact, it is the best time to allow competence to reign. Rather than acting on my person instinct, he should rather allow the best man within the agency take over. Am sure such person would want to prove worthy to serve the President and not be at loggerheads with him. If APC keep politicising everything, the very same issue them blaming the PDP for, then I don't see any change coming in the next 3 year's plus except that the same ol' thing being recycled under a different and more politically possessive party.

by the way, loving your profile picture. You beautiful....
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by JASOLUTION: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2015
It's unfortunate and disappointing appointing a retiree to head our SSS. This is a slap to the youths, of this country and those in service presently. We should not be surprised that of this dispensation to exume or excavate a dead old man/woman, appointing him/her to head a ministry in this long awaiting ministerial list. Ofcourse this is going on in various ministry and parastatals, where ghost workers are paid and forms of embezzlement strategies. It's high time we youths stand to our feet. Throw away tribalism and embrace meritolism. The current dispensation is a disgrace to we younger generation. This old cabals have ruined this country and continue to ruin it. Since we obliged to an OLD man ruling us as a president, and at the APC presidential primary in Lagos the Yoruba were shouting "arugbo le fe" meaning it's OLD man we want, and the result is coming out.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Praktikals(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:
Can you employ an arch enemy as your cook?
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by ezeeade: 10:46am On Jul 03, 2015
Na wah 4 nigerians, na ur kinsman him 4 appoint 4 dat kind sensitive position?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by 989900: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Mr. Daura, almost 62, who was born in Daura, Katsina State on August 5, 1953, retired from the SSS in 2013, having reached the statutory retirement age of 60.

Most people would do the same.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by 1stola: 11:04am On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:
If not for your last two lines,
I would have called you an ídiot.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by chidexxy007(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2015
*singing*.... we don enter one chance. very soon all his ministerial appointees will from duara u just watch and see.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by chidexxy007(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2015
*singing*.... we don enter one chance. very soon all his ministerial appointees will from duara u just watch and see.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Dollyak(f): 11:11am On Jul 03, 2015
1stola:

If not for your last two lines,
I would have called you an ídiot.
you are lucky you didn't. Well I am in a good spirited mood today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo And Amosun Commission Procter Gamble Factory Agbara In Ogun (Photos) / Falae: Herdsmen Believe They Own Nigeria Because Buhari Is Fulani / 2023: Buhari’s Ministers Under Pressure To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.