Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids (1248 Views)

Should I Tell My Neighbour To Go & Do DNA Test On His Kids? / 70-year-old Herbalist With 57 Wives Sacks 8. "His Kids Sleeps With His Wives" / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by sambas: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2015
I will never understand why a
man would allow his wife
maltreat his kids. I mean, why
the hell do men keep quiet and
allow their new wives suffer their
kids. Is it because of p***y?
Fear? Mumuism? I don't get. Your
kids are being treated like slaves
right uunder your nose? And your
best approach to the issue is
silence. I don't get it at all. There
are situations that deserve
serious condemnation. If you
think keeping quiet because you
want to please your wife is the
best approach. Then you are not
worthy to be regarded as a good
father.
Why do women leave their kids
comfortably and move on without
a backward glance. I have always
said it and will keep saying it that
some women are not fit to be
called mothers. They were just
fortunate to have a womb and a
vjay. I don't know why a woman
could be so hard heartened to
the extent of abandoning her kids
without any feeling of regret. I
have seen cases where women
said they left their kids to spite
their ex husbands. Isn't it
foolishness? How do you think
leaving your kids behind is getting
to the man in any way? A man
that would go get himself another
wife and she starts maltreating
your kids. Please women, if you
are walking away from your
marriage for any reasons, please
endeavor to carry your kids with
you. A real mother works hard to
make sure her kids are okay.
Some women find it extremely
difficult to love another person's
child like theirs. Only a God-
fearing woman can treat another
woman's child like hers. Most of
the step mothers I have seen are
nothing to write home about.
A particular incident has refused
to leave my memory. I have this
teacher in primary school that
was married to a widower. He has
two kids. A boy and a girl. As at
that time, the boy was already 16
and the girl was about 10. Those
kids saw hell in the hands of that
woman. Even though their father
was rich. The kids suffered
starvation in that household. I
and my friends were close to this
teacher because she taught English
(my favorite subject) very well.
There were times she invited us
to her house to spend weekends
with them. She treated us well.
But I always wondered why she
treated her step kids with so
much scorn and deep hatred. The
boy was her best victim. There
were times he came to school
hungry. There were times he
came to school with torn clothes.
And there was a day he came to
school with deep cuts on his
arms. During break hours, we
hovered around him to get the
real story. He told us his step
mum(our class teacher) cut his
arms with their kitchen knife
because he mistakenly broke a
glass cup. He made us promise
not to tell anyone if we still
wanted him alive.
I know another woman that
treated her step kids so bad the
kids were forced to run away
from home. This woman made
her step kids hawk while her own
kids played. Her step kids slept as
late as 1am and woke up as early
as 4am. While her kids slept and
woke up anytime they liked. Her
step kids were pushed to a
government school that offered
free education while her kids
attended the best private school
in my area then.
What I don't get is the men's
silence in all of these. Like I
asked earlier. Is it because they
don't want to be denied p***y in
the midnight? Or is it because
they are just blind to the affairs
in the home and to the welfare
of their kids. I don't get. Why do
men allow their wives treat their
kids like mere slaves right under
their roof? Its very disheartening.
I haven't said there are no good
step mothers, but its 5 out of
every 100 you see and that's an
indisputable fact. A perfect
example of a good step mother is
my neighbor. I was shocked to
my bones the day the girl
mistakenly told me the woman
was not their real mum. I argued
with her, I believed she was lying
because this woman treats she
and her sisters like she was the
one that birthed them. They wear
good clothes, they attend good
schools and eat whatever they
like. Infact the girls are free with
her like she was their real mum.
The woman is a christian and she
behaves like one.
A lot of women don't understand
the pain their fellow women go
through to bring forth these kids
they keep dehumanizing. I don't
know why they take out their
frustrations and bitterness on the
innocent children. I don't know
why. After all nobody forced
them to marry a man that
already have kids.
Some men deny their ex wives
the opportunity to go with the
kids. But they keep quiet and
watch their new wives treat them
badly. What's the point? Why
don't they give the kids to their
ex wives and check on them from
time to time.
Men please give these children a
sense of belonging. Its bad
enough you are no longer
married to their mothers. Please
don't compound their problems
by allowing your new wives treat
them as slaves. Its totally
irresponsible of you to keep quiet
and do nothing. Your kids and
your wife have a place in your
home.
No one knows tomorrow, some of
these kids bear the grudges in
their minds and grow up with it. I
know someone that hates hearing
about her dad or anything that
has to do with him. She said she
hates her father and that she is
waiting for the day he will die so
that she can bury him and his
memory forever. She hates him
because, after their mother's
death, their father remarried and
his wife turned out to be a
jezebel. The most painful part was
that their father joined hands with
his wife and made their lives
unbearable. She and her siblings
ran away and grew up on the
streets. She got married and took
her siblings off the streets. Its
been many years but she has not
been able to bring herself to
forgive their father.
The same goes to women who
carry their kids from their
previous marriage to a new one
and allow their husbands maltreat
them. I don't know why people
care about the happiness of an
adult more than that of a child.
For christ's sake, a child is a
child. An adult is an adult. Stop
treating an adult like a child and
stop treating a child like an adult.
Some women sit back and allow
their husbands molest their
daughters sexually. They sit back
and allow their husbands abuse
their children verbally and
emotionally. Why is the title"Mrs"
more important than the safety
of your child?
I am short of words
I pray people are able to take the
right decisions and know what to
do at the right time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by tmv10(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by asadike(f): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2015
i agree with u op. mothers should endeavour to take their kids along after a break up except the woman is dead. some men too would not give their ex access to their kids, in this case i advise they go to court. i cant imagine life without my mama
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by mredwifeosband: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
edwife take note wink wink tongue tongue tongue cool cool grin grin
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by edwife(f): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
mredwifeosband:
edwife take note wink wink tongue tongue tongue cool cool grin grin

sambarry will not kill me..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by dominique(f): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
I've stopped trying to understand why some people do the things they do. Some people are just heartless without a shred of conscience.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by 5minsmadness: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
It's the natural feminine instinct.
The woman feels hatred for another woman's offspring out of fear that they will share the love, care and protection the man would have given her and her own offspring.

In the animal kingdom the female would kill off all the offspring of the other mate so the male will focus more on her.

A good mother will carry her kids and run. But with the gospel of selfishness and self-love being preached on social media nowadays and with the attending self-sacrifice it would take to cater for these kids alone, most women no longer have the motherly instinct and gladly trade their children for a life of selfishness and comfort.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Good luck taking my kids anywhere. You came empty-handed and so shall you leave. angry
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by Haywhymido(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
Na truth talk.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by Stillfire: 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
Why do women leave their kids
comfortably and move on without
a backward glance. I have always
said it and will keep saying it that
some women are not fit to be
called mothers.

Many men do this too. Both women and men are humans, both are given to all sorts of vices. Some women have custody of their kids and their new boyfriends punish the kids as well. Some people just don't care. That's life.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by 5minsmadness: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stillfire:

Many men do this too. Both women and men are humans, both are given to all sorts of vices. Some women have custody of their kids and their new boyfriends punish the kids as well. Some people just don't care. That's life.
But you can't compare the love a man has for his kids to that of a woman who carried those kids in her womb for 9months and breastfed them. It's not the same at all. A woman abandoning her children is more hurtful than man walking away although both are wrong.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stillfire:

People hold dear the idea that women are unremittingly maternal. That they've some sort of magic instinct that blinkers on not only with respect to their own children, but with children and babies everywhere, in general. Currently roaming the earth are a total of 3.5 billion or so Mother Earths, if you will.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by lolababe331e: 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
God forbid I will leave my kids in case of a divorce, even God forbid in case of a woman's death I believe the kids are better off with the woman's family especially when the children are younger .
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
Many mothers leave their kids behind because the husband/husband's family wouldn't allow them take the children.. That's the case most times...

It's well
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by Stillfire: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
5minsmadness:

But you can't compare the love a man has for his kids to that of a woman who carried those kids in her womb for 9months and breastfed them. It's not the same at all. A woman abandoning her children is more hurtful than man walking away although both are wrong.

To be honest from my childhood perspective, if I had wanted any of my parents to walk away, it would most certainly not be my father grin, this does not mean I don't love my mom.

1 Like

Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by lolababe331e: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Many mothers leave their kids behind because the husband/husband's family wouldn't allow them take the children.. That's the case most times...

It's well

True but I have noticed that most of the women don't go to the courts in such cases I think they are afraid of the costs however there are now many NGOs with Lawyers that will take on the case pro-bono. Even in Nigeria most Judges will award main custody to the mother especially when the children are young as long as she has accomodation and such and can show she can take care if the kids. Also what works in the favors of the mothers is that in most Nigerian marriages the mothers are mostly responsible for the physical care of the child even while married since most of the husbands do not even know how to change diapers or fix food for the children and the whole idea of custody is who can take better care of the child. I guess many of them don't even now they have the right o seek justice in the court. Also we don't have a system of child support so many of they can't handle the financial responsibilities of taking care of the children alone.
Re: Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids by efemenaslectura: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
5minsmadness is right. Some women are guilty of this and it's quite unfortunate.

I have a friend who married a divorced man and when I saw the way my friend treated her step son I didn't like it at all. We were both in the sitting room jisting and the boy just came in. Greeted her and was about to hug her and tell her what he learnt in school. If you see how funmi shunned him you will think they are sharing husband

to the extent that she'll be saying it to the little boys face that she hates his mother . I had to ask her that shebi its his mother you have beef with. What's this boys business with the hate you have for his mother. She said the boy is a carbon copy of his mother and anytime she sees him it's as if she has seen the mother and then the hatred she has for the mother anytime she sees the boys face comes out. Then I said take the boy to his mother if you can't stand him. She said the husband won't let her

second reason she releases so much venom on the boy is that all her kids are girls and she's trying to have a boy and if she doesn't anything can happen

so what i realise is that the hatred or resentment step mom's have for kids isn't really intentional. Because she said when she sees the boy its like she has seen the mother

(1) (Reply)

BIZARRE: Woman ‘gives Birth’ To SLIPPERS In Bauchi (photo Included) / Deadly Terms Used By Women / Is His Strange Behavior A Sign Of Love Or Danger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.