Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

And They Chose Barabas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And They Chose Barabas (652 Views)

Fayose: "I Chose Kolapo Olusola To Succeed Me In Line With God's Leading" / Saraki, Sowore & Nigeria’s Barabas Moment By Pius Adesanmi / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And They Chose Barabas by LeOstrich: 11:20am On Jul 03, 2015
When Doyin Okupe described his former boss and ex president Jonathan as Jesus Christ most of you berated him with insults and condemned him as a blasphemer not truly understanding what the Jesus analogy was.

I repeat what Doyin said and which is that Goodluck was like Jesus. To understand Doyin and myself is to understand first and foremost that our Lord Yeshua fought both a physical and spiritual battle for us to emulate. Throughout Jesus life on earth, He faced severe critism and condemnation and not for once did he condemn his accusers and detailers. His mission on earth was to show that we could live exemplary lives out of example without need of Condemnation of others.

Jesus was persecuted, humiliated and finally subjected to a public execution in the most disgraceful manner but throughout his ordeals He never condemned his oppressors and detractors but rather prayed for their forgiveness.

Goodluck Ebele Nnamdi Azikiwe Jonathan remains till this moment a messiah in our political landscape. He showed us that you can run a free democratic society with guaranteed protection of our civil rights and promotion of democratic tenets.

But rather than dwell on the humility of the man to respect the opinions of those he was elected to serve, they saw him as weak. His humble background was also mocked just as Jesus the son of a carpenter was. The same Plebs who felt oppressed by the Political class were not comfortable accepting one of theirs attaining the higher office. Rather they chose to bring him down. Today we have the same characters who failed this country woefully being recycled and for some reason they see this as "change".
Re: And They Chose Barabas by tmv10(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2015
kkk
Re: And They Chose Barabas by funlord(m): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2015
grin Op! This is Jargon! Or is your guy name JAGO or JAGGZ?
Re: And They Chose Barabas by temitemi1(m): 11:30am On Jul 03, 2015
GEJ Remains My HERO cool cool cool
Re: And They Chose Barabas by generaliy07(m): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2015
https://samueliyanu./amebos-corner/

Read more news here, very funny delivery

(1) (Reply)

Chad Seizes Suspected Boko Haram Weapons Cache / RECORD:In Buhari’s 36 Days, Boko Haram Kills 406 Nigerians With Dates, Location / Graphic Photos Of Jos Bomb Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.