Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? (602 Views)

A Godly Christian Lady Doesn't Wear High Heels - Evangelist Akande / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by emekrus(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but (which becometh women professing godliness).” 1 Timothy 2: 9-10

At a particular time, as I studied my scripture, this very scripture above, struck a chord in my spirit (witness of the Spirit). But I’m so confused as to why so many Christian ladies neglect its application in their dress code.

Worse of all, so many Christian leaders seem to be silent concerning this particular scripture. You know, we still see so many Christian sisters, dress so worldly in aberration to the above scripture. We still see sisters wear immodest attires around, even to the Church.

We still see Christian women adorn themselves with gold, pearl (Jewelries). Braid (Plait) their hair. Even wear costly arrays, yet no one seems to see anything wrong with it, except a few leaders that I know.

It amazed me the most, that even when I talked to lady minister concerning this scripture, her only defense was that, it was the Apostle Paul’s peculiar perspective. Then she also added, that if I preached that kind of doctrine in my Church, that people will not come.

Yes, sure enough, I believe if I preach this doctrine in its unadulterated form, many sisters (even bothers) will stop coming-although I’m not interested in only quantity, but also in quality-But the question that I’ve kept battling with-and I’m yet to get satisfying answer to is…

These Christian leaders that are allowing the sisters in their Churches to dress as they like, without any form of instruction, especially from the above scripture, is it that God told them, he has changed his mind concerning that injunction from Paul?

Or do they also hold the same opinion with the female preacher I consulted, that it was only Paul’s opinion then, and that it does not apply now?
Well, I’m not here to display any form of holier-than-thou attitude. After all, I want to make heaven, and God has told me that the only way for me to be saved, is to give myself fully to the doctrines of the scripture and also teach them to others to be saved as well (1Timothy 4: 16).

So please, I’m not here for any form of argument. I want you to spiritually and scripturally ponder over this scripture above by the Holy Spirit in you, and give me your opinion.

Please, let’s lay aside other people’s commentaries, unless you deem it fit, by the Spirit. Pls, let’s speak as one who will give account of our words on the Day of Judgment.

Honestly and spiritually, what do you make of this scripture above?

I’m open-Hearted to Learn.
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by MosakuAW(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by damilareoye: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
Decently. according to what the scripture says
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by Cutehector(m): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
Suposed to dress like dese muslim women wearin full hijab covery dr head to toes.. This time around wit a white dress grin
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by 400billionman: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
What of those who wear mini skirt to church..

Are we supposed to toast them ?

undecided
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
brb.
I am coming to explain.
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by 400billionman: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
sportsmaster:
brb

Ok..
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
sportsmaster:
brb.
I am coming to explain.

I see
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2015
400billionman:
What of those who wear mini skirt to church..

Are we supposed to toast them ?

undecided

Bro, flee for your life.

Personally, when a lady who is wearing something very skimpy comes near me, my spirit gets agitated. I get ashamed being close to such indecency. Indecency is a thing of the spirit. If a person is clean in his spirit, he will also be clean outwardly.
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by thorpido(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
Modestly,that is what the scripture says.Don't wear cleavage revealing clothes,too short skirts or transparent clothes.
That scripture does not say wearing earings is a sin as some denominations/churches have made it.
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by jentlguy: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
U see 4get about d other leaders. The word of God say by their fruit we shall know them.
They twist the word of God to please pple. They preach lies instead of d truth.
Deut 22 vs 5 many Church leaders twist the word of God to what pple wants to hear and not what God wants dem to say.
Read Gal 1vs6-10
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by jentlguy: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
If u say its Paul's opinion then u mean d scripture is incorrect.
If u are really doing the work assigned to u then u must not bother abt what pple say. John15 vs18-27
Phil 1 vs 9-11
Phil 3 vs 12-21
2tim 1 vs 8-13
2tim 2 vs 2-3
2tim 3 vs 1-9
Re: How Is A Christian Lady Supposed To Dress? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
True talk dear one, God bless you. As regards ear ring, i tell people that if God wanted ear rings, He would have put holes in the ear by himself. Not looking for man to help him. Unfortunately, the practise has so much deepened into people and it's hard to break from.

(1) (Reply)

County Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses / The Communion Is For ONLY CATHOLICS Who Are In A State Of Grace. / Aware Of The Future That Awaits The World!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.