Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS (15300 Views)

Aisha Buhari In N1.2million Cape Dress (Photo) / Buhari Proposes N6.8trn 2017 Budget, N1.6trn For Debt Servicing / Ex-head Of State, Others Named In N1.09b Oil Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Joshkid(m): 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
INTROVERT:

But I love you kiss
Wow!
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by alaoeri: 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
UncleJudax:

Cross-breed Ewure! grin cheesy wink
Obo langido, Inaki.
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by baralatie(m): 10:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
chrisxxx:
This revenue does it include those on alcohol taxation? If yes are the sharia states of the north partaking in the the sharing?
yes!
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by IYANGBALI: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Chicken change compare to what Dangote makes in 2 months
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by xxgig(m): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2015
"Responding, Saraki noted that the country’s over dependence on oil could no longer be a way forward for the country, stressing the need to look at the area of taxes
which is more stable and reliable. The Senate President cautioned the FIRS management on the implementation of the luxury tax, especially as it concerned the private jet owners because the issue is sensational."
this is the part that caught my attention. good thinking
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by lukecent: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
ddippset:
Wait o, iam Lost here. The article gives the cumulative amount of IGR derived over the past 6 months but does not disclose how much of that is left today or how much of that 1.8 trillion was handed over. It could be 1 million naira. So why are they really praising Jonathan here?

Reason most of u always fail in an exams.
Plz, go and read that again. thank u
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
“We have oil but most of the foreign companies are not picking up our oil anymore because they have developed their own oil. Oil and gas, which is key to the economy, has not been doing too well. This is as a result of many factors. Many of these are completely outside our control, including the crash of price of oil in the international market."

I seem not to have forgotten someone was quoted to have promised to stabilize oil prices when in office. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by scoutkenn: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by biafranqueen: 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
RichDad1:
[size=18pt]The Wailing Wailers[/size] will start Hyperventilating any moment from now angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Gullible Goat see your mouth angry

1 Like

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by RichDad1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
biafranqueen:
Gullible Goat see your mouth angry
Why are you Crushing on me? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Btw, don't you think it's inappropriate calling fellow human a goat? Shows a lot about your upbringing. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Responding, Saraki noted that the country’s over dependence on oil could no longer be a way forward for the country, stressing the need to look at the area of taxes
which is more stable and reliable. The Senate President cautioned the FIRS management on the implementation of the luxury tax, especially as it concerned the private jet owners because the issue is sensational.

What crap is that if at all i got him right., I pay taxes via VAT for even the smallest item i purchase in a supermarket and someone is cautioning on taxation of private jet owners??.
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by hilary26(m): 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Make the DD use this trillion start work na.

#nomoreexcuses
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by gbengus17: 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
MULTIPLY THE FIGURE BY 10, THAT IS THE EXACT FIGURE GENERATED. THE REST IS IN PRIVATE POCKETS.

1 Like

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by OoduaVanguard: 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
ddippset:
Wait o, iam Lost here. The article gives the cumulative amount of IGR derived over the past 6 months but does not disclose how much of that is left today or how much of that 1.8 trillion was handed over. It could be 1 million naira. So why are they really praising Jonathan here?

Lol. The Tanoids know that naw, but they think the rest of us are fools like them. Every thinking person knows GEJ emptied the treasury on his re-election campaign.
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Enice(m): 1:39am On Jul 04, 2015
When you divide the national budget by half then this is very poor cause it means we are running on a deficit.
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by maximilian19(m): 2:44am On Jul 04, 2015
wow, so dis kind moni dey nigeria.

but y baby come dey tell we say him see empty treasury, abi na ne style for movin d pay wey dey ground,

d plane him fly na solar n air? OBJ $200m wo carry am, $100m u donate aganst BH na frm were, d $6m for IDP NKO, d halipad were d money from. BABA DER IS GOD OOO.

GEJ, don do his own.
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by maximilian19(m): 2:45am On Jul 04, 2015
wow, so dis kind moni dey nigeria.

but y baba come dey tell we say him see empty treasury, abi na ne style for movin d pay wey dey ground,

d plane him fly na solar n air? OBJ $200m wo carry am, $100m u donate aganst BH na frm were, d $6m for IDP NKO, d halipad were d money from. BABA DER IS GOD OOO.

GEJ, don do his own.

1 Like

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 04, 2015
cting Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Samuel Ogungbesan, yesterday said the Federal Government got about N1.842 trillion revenue generated from taxes in the first half of 2015. Ogungbesan said the money was paid into the Federation Account shared by the three tiers of goverN12 billion and N15 billion...

This is to show baba pmb is working hard to sanitised Nigerian government agencies, the first time to hear that such money has been paid into federation account not like before when the clueless will just ask the tanoid to share it
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by chrisxxx(m): 4:57am On Jul 04, 2015
baralatie:

yes!
That is the height of hypocrisy.
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by bigiyaro(m): 7:38am On Jul 04, 2015
dem try by declearin d change, not chopin everytin like nnpc n customs
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:23am On Jul 04, 2015
Sincere4u:

What crap is that if at all i got him right., I pay taxes via VAT for even the smallest item i purchase in a supermarket and someone is cautioning on taxation of private jet owners??.

Austerity measure of Jonathan would have been tough on the rich and politicians if implemented to the core...hence they are battling it secretly...that's Nigeria for you bro
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Koolmexxi(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2015
Yet another indication of some of the gains of the past administration. Good thing these stats are coming in from the same administration claiming the treasury is empty...
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Firefire(m): 9:05am On Jul 04, 2015
Mogidi:
Let me invite the world renowned economist, Prof. Ngeneukwuenu.

He must be a fake economist... undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by Truckpusher(m): 9:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Mogidi:
Let me invite the world renowned economist, Prof. Ngeneukwuenu.
grin grin grin smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by tayejay(m): 9:41am On Jul 04, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
omodayomi:
Why won't they implement taxes on luxury ? Is high time we face reality in this country, let Jet owner be taxed.

For the first time my view was captured. This has been my worry concerning Saraki as senate president. I feel strongly hes there to represent the elit at the expense of the masses. Hw can one explain the fact that among all the different taxes, only that related to private jets he is quick to respond to?
Re: FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS by juman(m): 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
This is just a peanut. A country of 180 million people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Despite Vote Of Confidence, Ayu Faces Critical Week In Battle For Survival / Do You Want The Fuel Subsidy Back? Please Vote Here: / Military Liberates Gudumbali In Borno, Loses 2 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.