Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love (2258 Views)

Dating / The Many Ways To Win Back The One You Love / Why You Shouldnt Tell Her You Love Her In A Hurry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Stephanie75(f): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
Could somebody give me some emotional detachment techniques please?
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stephanie75:
Could somebody give me some emotional detachment techniques please?
Why do you wana detach urself emotionally to someone you claimed you love. What is the problem?
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Stephanie75(f): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
I've noticed some changes in him and I think d relationship is gonna collapse. I've tried 2 talk 2 him abt it but it seems he doesn't even wanna talk abt it.
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by asukaez23(m): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
1. Avoid sex
2. Don't ever share your deepest thoughts and feelings with him
3. Be strong when he tries to guilt trip you
4. Be nice and polite to him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Kanmyos(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dorrobucci:
Why do you wana detach urself emotionally to someone you claimed you love. What is the problem?
.....frm som1 u claim u love...
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Kanmyos(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dorrobucci:
.....frm som1 u claimed u love...
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Kanmyos(m): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
this might help....
* withdraw ur feelings.....nt all at once, buh gradually.
* dnt call him lyk u used to do bfr...stop wasting ur airtym.
* try to occupy ur mind with somtin else...maybe somtin more important dan him or try to kip urslf busy.
* give ur attention to som1 else.....hmmmmmm>>>>lemme rest me fingers.
i hope it does hlp u......

1 Like

Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Stephanie75(f): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
Kanmyos:
this might help....
* withdraw ur feelings.....nt all at once, buh gradually.
* dnt call him lyk u used to do bfr...stop wasting ur airtym.
* try to occupy ur mind with somtin else...maybe somtin more important dan him or try to kip urslf busy.
* give ur attention to som1 else.....hmmmmmm>>>>lemme rest me fingers.
i hope it does hlp u......
Thanks.
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Kanmyos(m): 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
Stephanie75:
Thanks.
uwc
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Youngpo413: 7:54am On Oct 14, 2015
Stephanie75:
Thanks.
it works?
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Stephanie75(f): 8:39am On Oct 14, 2015
Youngpo413:
it works?
I guess so
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Aromas: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2015
Stephanie75:

I guess so
I can see you quoted the response that is why I also quote you to disregard the last statement which he said you should give your emotion to another person, please never do that for now.
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Youngpo413: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2015
Stephanie75:
I guess so
I pray so
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Stephanie75(f): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
Aromas:

I can see you quoted the response that is why I also quote you to disregard the last statement which he said you should give your emotion to another person, please never do that for now.
My bf and I had an issue b4 but it has been sorted.
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by dmcdad: 12:28am On Oct 16, 2015
Stephanie75:

My bf and I had an issue b4 but it has been sorted.
It's a good thing you guys are good again.

I tend to be an expert when it comes to killing my feelings. Overtime it is now affecting me that I seldom fall in love, and even when I feel a thing or two for someone, I can kill it at will.

This has made me avoid relationships. I have come to observe myself very well and it's not like I don't have feelings. The thing is, I do and I fall easily even. But then, as par an observant fellow that I am, if I notice even a bit of regression by the other person, then the feeling, love or whatnot is instantly dead. It takes minutes and a couple of hours to kill whatever feeling I must have had for the person.

So,I wouldn't advice that anyone take this path unless the person is ready for consequences such as mine.

1 Like

Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by Stephanie75(f): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2015
dmcdad:

It's a good thing you guys are good again.

I tend to be an expert when it comes to killing my feelings. Overtime it is now affecting me that I seldom fall in love, and even when I feel a thing or two for someone, I can kill it at will.

This has made me avoid relationships. I have come to observe myself very well and it's not like I don't have feelings. The thing is, I do and I fall easily even. But then, as par an observant fellow that I am, if I notice even a bit of regression by the other person, then the feeling, love or whatnot is instantly dead. It takes minutes and a couple of hours to kill whatever feeling I must have had for the person.

So,I wouldn't advice that anyone take this path unless the person is ready for consequences such as mine.
Thank you very much.

I think you trusted too much in the past and your trust was betrayed, hence, your reason for being a (permit me to use the word) "killer of emotion"

A wise man once told me that it is better to love than to trust because if you love someone and that person hurts you, you could forgive the person but if someone betrays your trust, you might never forgive that person and even if you do, you wouldn't trust him/her anymore.

Love everyone but trust no one.
Re: How To Emotionally Detach Yourself From Someone You Love by dmcdad: 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
You are right. And trust is proving more and more difficult and rare nowadays.
Stephanie75:

Thank you very much.

I think you trusted too much in the past and your trust was betrayed, hence, your reason for being a (permit me to use the word) "killer of emotion"

A wise man once told me that it is better to love than to trust because if you love someone and that person hurts you, you could forgive the person but if someone betrays your trust, you might never forgive that person and even if you do, you wouldn't trust him/her anymore.

Love everyone but trust no one.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want A Sugar Mummy / .. / Newbie Saying Hello!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.