Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,673 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

This Is What Happens In Nigeria: A Closer Look - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Is What Happens In Nigeria: A Closer Look (450 Views)

Young Man And His Gang Steal Wheel Barrow Of Clothes, Then This Happens. Photos / Horrible: Girl Abducted By Boko Haram Reveals What Happens In Sambisa Forest / Photo// See What Happens To A Lady After Refusing To Accept A Guy Toast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Happens In Nigeria: A Closer Look by favouryemmy: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Please refer to this topic: www.nairaland.com/2422923/what-happens-nigeria-photo

Pardon me, this article is long. The issue raised in that topic cannot be farther from the truth. But, I wish to buttress the point and let us know ''why'' and not just ''what''. When I saw that post I was happy because it seems I share similar view about this matter with some other people.
Why are our politicians looting us dry? One of the major reasons I believe is because we as citizens of this country are allowing them to. We are not keeping them on their toes. When we see their wrongdoings we only make noise for a bit and after that keep quiet and look on helplessly. Helplessly! Whereas we are powerful. We have the power to make the government of the day do the right thing but we are doing nothing about it. In many developed countries it is the fear of the people that makes the government to mostly do the right thing for their citizens. They know one wrong move or speech will make the people rise against them. Democracy is '' government of the people, by the people and for the people''. Not government for a few. Let us raise our voices in unison against any government that misbehaves and sustaining it will force them to do what is right for the people. Let us not keep managing virtually everything we are supposed to take for granted such as light, water, roads, education, healthcare, economy, etc. We are rich but yet we are poor because we know how to manage while those in government live in affluence and throwing them to our face.
The voice against the jumbo pay of our legislators have gone down again as usual. May God help us! They are just laughing at us now and saying ''nothing dey happen'' and truly nothing has been happening as usual. Nigerians wake up, your destiny is in your hands!
Re: This Is What Happens In Nigeria: A Closer Look by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay
Re: This Is What Happens In Nigeria: A Closer Look by tmv10(m): 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
VIRUS

(1) (Reply)

Police With Bullion Trucks Stop Traffic On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Arewa Consultative Forum Expresses Concern Over Recent Boko Haram Attacks / 5 Nigerian Students Detained In Malaysia Over N125.2 Internet Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.