Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper (30091 Views)

Is There Any Skyscraper In Igbo Land ? / THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build / Russian Architect Designs Amazing Cobra Styled Skyscraper!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by lordxarmzon: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by bigfatthing(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
I used to work there before, the building needs real renovation, the day we got trapped in the elevator is a day I won't forget easily
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by FumzeeyGold: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
IT WAS JUST PAINTED BROWN.6 YEARS AGO
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by qasmah(f): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Osarieme415:
Methinks this is Brutalist Architecture... Fortress-like building
What do u know about architecture n pls how old are you.People like u don't value history n heritage means nothing 2 u n dt's why u don't have a sense of direction . COCOA HOUSE WAS THE FIRST SKYSCRAPER IN TROPICAL AFRICA.Name d map1st whatever in your jungle omo oko
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by qasmah(f): 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Osarieme415:
Methinks this is Brutalist Architecture... Fortress-like building
What do u know about architecture n pls how old are you.People like u don't value history n heritage means nothing 2 u n dt's why u don't have a sense of direction . COCOA HOUSE WAS THE FIRST SKYSCRAPER IN TROPICAL AFRICA.Name d 1st whatever in your jungle omo oko
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by EagleScribes: 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
qasmah:
no mind them their cities cannot even be located on d map of Nigeria wearing binoculars n so many of .dm move to Ibadan n refuse 2 go back to Dr cities yet dy beef.Ibadan ni wa.Awa ni omo ajorosun,omo ajegbin yo afikaraun forimu .We set the pace others follow

I won't be surprised if hospitals have excess cases of high BP. This country is full of haters more than ever before. It is well with us jare my brother.

Ki olorun wa pelu wa o
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by qasmah(f): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
django1:
Thanks to cocoa mall and heritage mall, the vicinity of cocoa house is back to full activity, there is a radio station and a museum now in the building along with other businesses occupying some of the floors.

But guys do you know that a Chinese company built a 57stories building in 4 weeks? We are seriously behind its not even funny.
how can we move forward when d resources dt could be used to develop our very own land are those used develop other places our very own leaders
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by xtervaganza(m): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
grin Sky Scraper Indeed.

Travel to Dubai to see the Real Sky Scraper!
Not this 'upstairs' you are talking about.
show us the upstairs in your village or better from your family house
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by bigfatthing(m): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
django1:
Thanks to cocoa mall and heritage mall, the vicinity of cocoa house is back to full activity, there is a radio station and a museum now in the building along with other businesses occupying some of the floors.

But guys do you know that a Chinese company built a 57stories building in 4 weeks? We are seriously behind its not even funny.
Yeah, true. But the museum though
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Cocoa House was not the first skyscraper in 'tropical Africa'.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by 9jaCrusade: 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
grin Sky Scraper Indeed.

My sister, as at the time this was built, dubai could not boast of a 3 storey building. You may express reservations about why we haven't topped that record today. I strongly do. However, I will humbly reject your ridicule of this legacy called Cocoa House- The first Skyscraper in Tropical Africa.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by 9jaCrusade: 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Cocoa House was not the first skyscraper in 'tropical Africa'.

Please tell me which is?
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Wen there was a country

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by elkon(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
hmmm y som people too like to dey use mouth to spoilt tin like dis,d only problem we ave b sey we no dey appreciate tin we ave,,learn hw to appreciate den we can discover ourself,,
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by hollowpot15684(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Abegi joor, there are no skyscraper in Nigeria.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Highvotage: 8:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
grin Sky Scraper Indeed.
Travel to Dubai to see the Real Sky Scraper! Not this 'upstairs' you are talking about.

Haters will continue to hate and jelousy will surely kill somebody. where was Dubai skyscrapers when this was built?
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by elkon(m): 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
hollowpot15684:
Abegi joor, there are no skyscraper in Nigeria.

hmm are yu an nigerian or hmmm i dnt think yu ar
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
9jaCrusade:

Please tell me which is?

I co-ask @rossike please for educational purposes, tell us which was the first 'Skyscraper' in sub saharan Africa.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by tmanuelle(m): 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
grin Sky Scraper Indeed.

Its either you don't know what to type or you just don't even know what you are doing on the thread

Cocoa house in her days, was the first in this part of the world. You may talk of the outdated architectural design, fine. But that was the first & the only there was here as of late 50s.

I wonder if the best building in your village in 2005 still remains the best today in terms of architecture.

So if a 24-storey building of late 1950s is not a skyscraper to you relative to what was obtainable as of then, then I don't know what else to say.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by piagetskinner(m): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Yes, during the time it was built, it was top-notch..NoW,,nah!

The earlier we learn to stop celebrating mediocrity the better 4 us.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by RAO1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
grin Sky Scraper Indeed.

Are u from Dubai? If no, that means u no get *****....we r talking Nigeria,,, u r saying something else... I kuku know where u r from.... a mo iru yin
Y is Op's post a sad news for u
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by RAO1(m): 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
majority of d haters are the ppl r the lost sheeps of ISRAEL
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by ipreach: 10:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
ok

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by ekmike(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
remember when i use to sight this building on my way to school back in those years, i wil say to myself that I want to work in this building.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by hollowpot15684(m): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
elkon:

hmm are yu an nigerian or hmmm i dnt think yu ar

Oga mi, it is called High-rise building that cocoa house is no skycrapper. The building is just 105m, a skyscraper requires to be at least 150m.. Learn.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by spinna: 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
was in ibadan last weekend , such a beautiful city it is now the govt has been working hard there..
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by ToyinDipo(m): 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pace setter
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by soversatile: 5:17am On Jul 04, 2015
WIZGUY69:

why the thing De pain you
I guess you dnt read the topic.

do you know the year it was built??
must u replied that retard angry
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by jeoprince250(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2015
glimpse33:
grin Sky Scraper Indeed.

can't u you read it was the first tallest building in west africa in the 60's, I wonder how many was available in ur so called DUBAI! those days. We like praising other countries that treats us like sh*t and 4get our heritage.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by nsilordgmail(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2015
Magnificient building but will be more butiful had it being the front of the building is designed with a water fountain.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by ishadfurnitures: 9:31am On Jul 04, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
Now that the wailing wailers are here to compare our heritage with 2015 dubai and new York. What that tells the Yorubas is that stop measuring your success with the locals in Nigeria
Set the standard of your success higher to dubai and new York which are first world nations.

The good thing is, you are shooting for the sun and even if you lose you will land among the stars.

Like I said, when that building was put up, there was not even a bungalow in dubai. If dubai is where it is now, I hope the Yoruba nation get the message.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Tall . . . but not tall enough. Burj khalifa sneers at us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Landlord Wanted To Sleep With My Daughter And Me – Woman / PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Sells 2 Bedroom Houses For N2.7 Million In Kano / Bitter Experience Of A Landlord Whose Tenants Refused To Pay 3 Yrs Rent Or Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.