Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper (30100 Views)

Is There Any Skyscraper In Igbo Land ? / THE U-BEND! Skyscraper Planned For New York That Would Be ‘world’s Longest Build / Russian Architect Designs Amazing Cobra Styled Skyscraper!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Osarieme415(m): 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
qasmah:
What do u know about architecture n pls how old are you.People like u don't value history n heritage means nothing 2 u n dt's why u don't have a sense of direction . COCOA HOUSE WAS THE FIRST SKYSCRAPER IN TROPICAL AFRICA.Name d map1st whatever in your jungle omo oko
You have the monopoly over ignorance. I won't contest that with you. However if you want to be educated, google "Brutalist Architecture."
P. S No one is disputing the fact that it is Africa's first skyscraper. OLODO!!!
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by WIZGUY69(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
soversatile:
must u replied that retard angry

lol

I was just trying to enlighten the mu. mu cool

1 Like

Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by elkon(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2015
hollowpot15684:

Oga mi, it is called High-rise building that cocoa house is no skycrapper. The building is just 105m, a skyscraper requires to be at least 150m.. Learn.
its doesn't matter hw d high is but wat matter is its d first skycrapper in old west africa..when talking about our old western region..history meant for those who live...nd very sure u havn't being invented then hmmm na lie or true..
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by princcehood: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
Cocoa house was built from the sweat of farmer, it shows how much can be achieved with our without oil.
A 1960 skyscraper and someone is talking about dubai. Where was dubai in 1965 ?
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by oyatz(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
The definition of skyscraper changes with time and the available technology of the era.
hollowpot15684:

Oga mi, it is called High-rise building that cocoa house is no skycrapper. The building is just 105m, a skyscraper requires to be at least 150m.. Learn.
Re: Cocoa House : Tropical Africa's First Skyscraper by Beejay1117(m): 8:46pm On May 31, 2017
Walelavender:
It's good the complex is being properly managed. Could remember growing up then and what crossed our minds was to take the elevator, which we did for fun after the close of school. The Glass house (Femi Johnson ) used to be a structure of attraction. Went to take lifts several times for the fun of it....Agba wa bura......
I am Here because I gave my pupils assignment in this

asked them to research about the first skyscraper in West Africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Landlord Wanted To Sleep With My Daughter And Me – Woman / PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Sells 2 Bedroom Houses For N2.7 Million In Kano / Bitter Experience Of A Landlord Whose Tenants Refused To Pay 3 Yrs Rent Or Quit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.