Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP (3262 Views)

It’s Wrong To Exclude South East From NASS Leadership, Says Yakassai / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party / NASS Leadership: Again, Tinubu Tears Into Buhari, Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by kinibigdeal(m): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
Fresh facts have emerged on the horse-trading and trade-off that led to the emergence of Senator Bukola Saraki, Ike Ekweremadu and Yakubu Dogara as Senate President, Deputy Senate president and Speaker of the House of Representatives, respectively.

A member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Working Committee, Olisa Metuh, in an exclusive interview with Daily Sun had alleged that former Lagos State governor and  National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu actually reached out to certain leaders of the PDP to sell his anointed candidates for the positions of Senate President and Speaker, House of Representatives.

The PDP national publicity secretary further disclosed that the camps of Femi Gbajabiamila and Senator Ahmed Lawan promised PDP lawmakers in both the Red and Green Chambers, juicy committees.

Metuh said: “We call on the APC to resolve their differences. The APC leaders have wrongly accused Saraki and Dogara of negotiating with PDP and that’s why they are calling for their heads. But I can categorically tell you today that Tinubu, Lawan and Saraki, Gbajabiamila all approached PDP for cooperation for positions of Senate President and House of Representatives.

“Tinubu reached out to PDP leaders-I can tell you that he made phone calls, he negotiated- same thing with Gbajabiamila, same thing with Lawan! Saraki did the same thing and Dogara.

“So, the PDP sat down, met with our leadership in the National Assembly, the former Senate President, David Mark, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, the deputy national chairman of our party, myself, some governors and the chairman, Board of Trustees of our party, Haliru Bello  and we looked at the offer of all the various interests in APC, to determine, which one was in the best interest of the party. “Some offered a lot to our senators in terms of key committees.

“Lawan and Gbajabiamila virtually offered PDP juicy committees, but what swayed us  and the reason why PDP endorsed Saraki and Dogara is the fact that they had been our members and because they were brought up and nurtured under the PDP, ideology they already know that the peace and unity of this country is paramount to us as a party.

“ The fact that we are for national interest and not individual interest, we decided to support people who at one time in their lives, shared the same ideology with us than people whom we know, especially the zoning that they have done and the way they allocated the offices, they are more interested in personal interest.”

Asked if the endorsement of Saraki  Dogara and others, who actually dumped the PDP would not encourage rebellion in the party, Metuh said they defected “to other parties to foster their political interest.

“ On what basis did they rebel against the party? They may not have been right, but at no point did they query the ideology of the party and put their individual interest above that of  the party. At no point did they question the ideals of the founding fathers of our party. The fact that we believe in the unity and progress of this country, they never questioned.”

So, if they went to other parties to foster their political interest, that’s different.

“If we had a choice, we would have gone for a PDP Speaker or Senate President, because PDP is an honorable party, because we already gave our words that we are going to support Senator Saraki. We decided to keep faith. If PDP had nominated anybody he would have won and they needed two third to reverse it, which they did not have . So, I think the APC should be grateful to us for being honourable. We may have lost the election but we haven’t lost decency and our diligence.”

The PDP national publicity scribe also dismissed speculation of a deal to ensure that Senator Saraki and  Dogara return to the party.

“Definitely not. It would have been insulting for PDP to make such demands from Saraki and Dogara. At no point in our discussions with them did we ask them to dump their platform for PDP.”

http://www.blogwatch.com.ng/nass-leadership-tinubu-offered-us-deals-pdp/
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by glimpse33(m): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
cheesy
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
Tinubu a local champion.

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by YOURMAN: 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
hmmm
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Yes, such is politics....

Metuh should go and sit down somwhere and stop seeking for media publicity that has vanished from him.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by oismail(m): 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Blah blah blah

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by yashedabai(m): 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by babyhrt(m): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
“If we had a choice, we would have gone for a PDP
Speaker or Senate President, because PDP is an
honorable party, because we already gave our words
that we are going to support Senator Saraki. We
decided to keep faith. If PDP had nominated
anybody he would have won and they needed two
third to reverse it, which they did not have . So, I
think the APC should be grateful to us for being
honourable. We may have lost the election but we
haven’t lost decency and our diligence.”

I so love this part.

I hav been screaming dat Tinubu has no sense of value or ideological direction...His antecedence speaks loud for him.....NUHU RUBADU would hav xplain better.

6 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by babyhrt(m): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
“If we had a choice, we would have gone for a PDP
Speaker or Senate President, because PDP is an
honorable party, because we already gave our words
that we are going to support Senator Saraki. We
decided to keep faith. If PDP had nominated
anybody he would have won and they needed two
third to reverse it, which they did not have . So, I
think the APC should be grateful to us for being
honourable. We may have lost the election but we
haven’t lost decency and our diligence.”

I so love this part.

I hav been screaming dat Tinubu has no sense of value or ideological direction...His antecedence speaks loud for him.....NUHU RUBADU would hav xplain better.

mod....fp things

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by DONMAYOR19(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
In politics, no permanent enemy nor friend but personal interest. Thief-nubu is too desperate.
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by masseratti: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Politicians can be funny,why is metuh saying this now? Most especially when it seems saraki and Dogora might be expelled from the party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by dayo23(f): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
A very big lie, never will Tinubu have a hand in such.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by OduaVanguard: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
Wow. So after all this while it is now they are coming out to reveal this. PDP, una no try at all cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Pdpigss will do anything and everything to put Tinubu down as they know he is the driving force behind APC's success. No wonder Bode George said he would go on exile from the country if APC ever won the presidential election.

Pdp can decide to say whatever whenever to support their stool (saraki) but BAT will always be ahead of their shenanigans and pitiable level.

I strongly believe APC will come out of this waxing stronger than ever before. Tandroids and Pdpians can shove their opinions up their disgusting buttholes!

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Lusola15: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
Please what are the Characteristics of an illiterate?

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by btaliat(m): 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
I won't comment on this. I wi just write something.
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Wildrage: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
What makes one committee juicier than the other?

Juicy for them personally or for Nigerians as a whole?

Our democracy is a huge joke and the joke is on the masses, especially those tearing each other apart in partisan loyalty. The contest for supremacy is not a contest of ideas or ideology but a purely pecuniary contest

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Sunofgod(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
C.H.A.M.E.L.E.O.N.S . . . . .
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by codedguy1(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
If David Mark was desperate and over ambitious like Tinubu and Saraki he would have been senate president and the sky will not fall.

They would not even be able to call him to a meeting to resolve anything.

APC should actually be grateful to PDP!

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by ziccoit: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
These politicians don't worth wasting ones energy over. What always unite them are not usually in the interest of the people. Saraki gave senate president deputy position to PDP in exchange for the party support in total disloyalty to his party. Now this. Thank God I stopped bothering myself over this nonsense of politics a long time.
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by mrvitalis(m): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Thank God the truth is coming out
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by austinvsb1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Since 1999, Tinubu has been and remains a terrible nightmare for the pdp. Its no wonder that Mogidi, Severusnape and their tandroid group can never seem to stop talking about him. A big thorn in their flesh but there is nothing pdp can do about Tinubu.
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Kinkale(m): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Chai... Opolo eye yhu see your life?
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by UnknownT: 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Neyoor:
Yes, such is politics....

Metuh should go and sit down somwhere and stop seeking for media publicity that has vanished from him.
I hope you know the "job description" of a publicity secretary?

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by quixotic: 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2015
after a month did metuh just remember? Metuh should also be asked what makes a committee juicy. And which are the juicy committees? Atleast femi and lawan did not promise to trade off the deputy senate president position.
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
Lie. Fake source. fake bloggers
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by spenca: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
well i have known you to be a big liar even before the elections , am not surprised at this after all you claimed orji didn't go to the collation centre in Abia even when video files showed him there i expect nothing less from you now. At this pace you are going wailing wailer we would soon read how Buhari begged you to be the minister of information

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by Dannyset(m): 11:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
This PDP can now enjoy this their new role as a lying nitwits. Tinubu go strike deal with una, and una go decline? Rubbish dey una system.
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by kingsley3218(m): 11:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dorrobucci:
Tinubu a local champion.
I've always maintained the fact that Nigeria ain't Lagos.....jagaban got everything screwed up!
Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by moneybag100: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2015
Blogger?

Re: NASS Leadership: Tinubu, Offered Us Deals –PDP by jlinkd78(m): 1:29am On Jul 04, 2015
Am honestly beginning to love this Metuh guy with his level of intelligence, apt in marshalling out points and very articulate in his opposition roles. He seems to be doing better dan d Lie Mohammed of d ruling party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

,caption This Photo Of PMB ?? / Names Of Delta New Commissioners And Potfolio / Why Nigeria's Economy Is Failing: Case Of Amcon And Silverbird

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.