Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari (2354 Views)

Fayose Wore T-shirt To Aso Villa As He Attends NEC Meeting In Buhari's Absence / Buhari Talks Tough: Saraki Angry, Oyegun & Dogara Smile At APC NEC Meeting (Pics / Tinubu, Akande Shun APC NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2015

The triumvirate who make up the core of the Tinubu loyal home base in APC today shunned the NEC peace meeting summoned and chaired by President Buhari.

Lai Mohammed, Bisi Akande, and other core loyalists including the Jagaban himself were conspicuously absent from today's APC NEC meeting.

This is a big slap on the face of the President, and portends great danger to the very survival of the party as we know it today.

Is this the beginning of the factionalisation or re-fracturing of APC back to it component parts (CPC, ACN and ANPP)??

1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dogara and Saraki are balanced very close to Buhari on the high table.

That high table is where Tinubu should naturaly seat. Now he is missing in action

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Tough question Op.
But looking on d oda side, APC won't last beyond AD2019

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Look at Saraki snugged up next to President Buhari.

This is one humiliation Tinubu does not want to go through, seeing the man who upstaged him claiming his spot as Nigeria's 3rd citizen

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
Rochas Okorocha does not care which way the cookies crumble.
Tinubu or Buhari suites him fine. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Tallesty1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
APC is in deep trouble because no house divided against itself can stand.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by aderonila18: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
If Tinubu and his loyalists ( most of the SW) pull out if APC that will be the end of APC , they will go back to their original parties

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by 400billionman: 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
I never believed a Tinubu and Buhari marriage will ever occur. Anyway it did, but for the sole purpose of dethroning GEJ.

Unknown to the Bridegroom(Tinubu), the marriage ended on 29th may ,2015 when the Bride(Buhari) decided in her heart that she belongs to everybody(flirt) shocked and belongs to nobody grin

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by DONMAYOR19(m): 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Apc- scam.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by chimerase2: 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
I laff in burundi grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
400billionman:
I never believed a Tinubu and Buhari marriage will ever occur. Anyway it did, but for the sole purpose of dethroning GEJ.

Unknown to the Bridegroom(Tinubu), the marriage ended on 29th may ,2015 when the Bride(Buhari) decided in her heart that she belongs to everybody[b]flirt[/b] shocked and belongs to nobody grin
grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by oduastates: 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
No danger.
If the worst happens , tinubu will simply take a step back from active party activities without being active at the national level .
If the character and performance of the government becomes similar to the previous ones, then you can expect him to pull ACN out of APC and leaving behind those remnants of PDP like oyinlola.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by ziccoit: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
@op is Tinubu, Akande or Lai Muhammed a member of NEC? Why should they attend a meeting they are not members?
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by ziccoit: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
oduastates:
No danger.
If the worst happens , tinubu will simply take a step back from active party activities without being active at the national level .
If the character and performance of the government becomes similar to the previous ones, then you can expect him to pull ACN out of APC and leaving behind those remnants of PDP like oyinlola.

I think the position of Tinubu is in resonant with what the party wants and that is what Buhari also stands for. The suspect among them could be Oyegun who was accused of now "slow" in taking the action which was not the case when he led APC to victory against once formidable PDP. I want to think Oyegun is being used wrongly by some members to debase Tinubu influence and position in APC.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
ziccoit:
@op is Tinubu, Akande or Lai Muhammed a member of NEC? Why should they attend a meeting they are not members?

With the kind of status they have, especially Tinubu and Ogbonnaya Onu (Former founders of the constituent parties that formed APC), I would have thought at the very least these 2 should be members of APC NEC. Akande should also be in NEC by virtue of his position as last Chairman of ACN.

But then, what does the APC constitution say?? Please educate us some more.

If Lai, Tinubu, and Onu were just coming to sit as floor members, then I can imagine the pain and humiliation Tinubu would have felt to come and sit in the crowd and watch Saraki and Dogara at the high table during the photo session, and be asked to leave with the rest of ordinary party members when the real NEC meeting commences. He could collapse from heart failure. sad sad sad
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by dayo23(f): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay! That why I luv tinubu
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Estimable(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
APC ON FIRE.......
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
ziccoit:

I think the position of Tinubu is in resonant with what the party wants and that is what Buhari also stands for.

The suspect among them could be Oyegun who was accused of now "slow" in taking the action which was not the case when he led APC to victory against once formidable PDP.

I want to think Oyegun is being used wrongly by some members to debase Tinubu influence and position in APC.

Your statements in bold contradict each other.

Similarly, please clarify in what aspect was Oyegun slow?

My honest opinion is that a fatal mistake was made by the party in scheduling a meeting with Buhari the very morning, and moment, the National Assembly was scheduled for inauguration. It instigated the scheduling of that meeting? The clear answer is that, the fatal meeting was called at the instance of Tinubu to clear the way for Gbajabiamilla and Lawan to emerge.

Hence the blame for the debacle should be put in Tinubu's door step. From the live telephone conversation with Buhari's media aide, Garba Shehu that morning after Saraki and Dogara emerged, you could read that Buhari deliberately refused to attend that meeting because the Presidency felt slighted regarding the way the meeting was scheduled. I have the recordings.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Tecnonews24: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
strange bed fellow, is expected.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by ziccoit: 6:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
cuteboy2:

Your statements in bold contradict each other.

Similarly, please clarify in what aspect was Oyegun slow?

My honest opinion is that a fatal mistake was made by the party in scheduling a meeting with Buhari the very morning, and moment, the National Assembly was scheduled for inauguration. It instigated the scheduling of that meeting? The clear answer is that, the fatal meeting was called at the instance of Tinubu to clear the way for Gbajabiamilla and Lawan to emerge.

Hence the blame for the debacle should be put in Tinubu's door step. From the live telephone conversation with Buhari's media aide, Garba Shehu that morning after Saraki and Dogara emerged, you could read that Buhari deliberately refused to attend that meeting because the Presidency felt slighted regarding the way the meeting was scheduled. I have the recordings.

Oyegun, as the chairman of the party should be decisive. He failed to zone the house of assembly leadership position with clear cut exclusivity. After that, the straw election conducted was too late. There was no enough time left after the straw to bring together the aggrieved members. Even at that, he didn't do enough to heal the wounds caused by the straw election. After Saraki emergent, he should have made the party position known on time before the purported caucus meeting, which Saraki mentioned in his letter to APC leadership, chose APC house leaders.
Oyegun acted as if he was being forced to write both house of assembly on the party position.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by ziccoit: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
cuteboy2:

With the kind of status they have, especially Tinubu and Ogbonnaya Onu (Former founders of the constituent parties that formed APC), I would have thought at the very least these 2 should be members of APC NEC. Akande should also be in NEC by virtue of his position as last Chairman of ACN.

If Lai, Tinubu, and Onu were just coming to sit as floor members, then I can imagine the pain and humiliation Tinubu would have felt to come and sit in the crowd and watch Saraki and Dogara at the high table during the photo session, and be asked to leave with the rest of ordinary party members when the real NEC meeting commences. He could collapse from heart failure. sad sad sad

Lol at heart failure. I know nothing about APC constitution but I just don't think the party would just shun the meeting if they were supposed to be there. Let's wait for further facts on this matter.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Babacele: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
cuteboy2:

if only u realise that APC = Tinubu, then u won't whine over his physical presence in d NEC when he is more than 60% present. Do you know who Tinubu is? Go ask Abacha, Ibb, Obj, Gej ,Atiku, agbaje, PDP et al. Saraki n co would soon realise.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by dayo23(f): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
2019 is not far, Tinubu strategising down. The highest bidder takes it all! Tinubu will surely bounce back stronger.
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
oduastates:
No danger.

So basically APC of today will become effectively new PDP since most of those left behind when ANPP and ACN pull out will be people like Sani Yerima, Atiku Abubakar, Saraki, Kwankwaso, Ameachi, Oshiomole, Dogara, Akume, Gemade, etc. All former PDP men. And Buhari, by default will remain with them as member of new PDP.

OK. Very interesting

*** WE ARE WATCHING IN 3D ***
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
Babacele:
if only u realise that APC = Tinubu, then u won't whine over his physical presence in d NEC when he is more than 60% present. Do you know who Tinubu is? Go ask Abacha, Ibb, Obj, Gej ,Atiku, agbaje, PDP et al. Saraki n co would soon realise.

Issorite. His-hoe-kay

*** WE ARE WATCHING IN 3D *** cool shocked cool shocked
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by funlord(m): 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin
As long as dem bin no dey share dollars, no need 4 tinubu 2 show na! No be 2 dey snap picture and 2 dey do long talk carry am come abuja abeg!
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by mayorchelsea(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2015
400billionman:

Unknown to the Bridegroom(Tinubu), the marriage ended on 29th may ,2015 when the Bride(Buhari) decided in her heart that she belongs to everybody(flirt) shocked and belongs to nobody grin
You're a clown guy by the way,"I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody".
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by 400billionman: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nigerian leaders are all self centered. Tiiiniubu envisaged expanding the Tiiiniubu empire from Lagos FAAC to Excess Crude Account and CBN. Unfortunately, the man who threatened Nigerians with Dog and Baboon was just after answering GCFR no matter the brand of vehicle that conveys him there, be it CPC, ACN, APC or EFCC.

So as the game keeps playing out on rewind, the repackaged and rebranded general is poised to show more of his archaic and parochial mentality which still believes in the existence of the state of west Germany. I wish fuel will not get scarce again nor the price of food stuff sky rocket as prophesied by economists. Nobody is talking about equating $1 to N1 and raising world oil price. All those promises were made under the influence Kwunu. Sai baba.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by Azedplus(m): 10:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
When will understand that Tinubu and Akande are not members of the NEC but their voice is the voice of the party and also the president has reiterated this even though He ( PMB ) might be indifferent to this , The President personally will not want Tinubu totally far from himself politically bearing in mind Tinubu's political expertise ( take it or not ) its just persons who perceive Tinubu as overbearing that are just trying to be half smart e.g Atiku who has scores with Tinubu having felt dumped twice by him,and now rallying his allies against him. But I will believe the President knows better.... This will be settled soonest
Re: Tinubu, Akande, Lai Mohammed Shun APC NEC Meeting With Buhari by cuteboy2: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
400billionman:
Nigerian leaders are all self centered. Tiiiniubu envisaged expanding the Tiiiniubu empire from Lagos FAAC to Excess Crude Account and CBN. Unfortunately, the man who threatened Nigerians with Dog and Baboon was just after answering GCFR no matter the brand of vehicle that conveys him there, be it CPC, ACN, APC or EFCC.

So as the game keeps playing out on rewind, the repackaged and rebranded general is poised to show more of his archaic and parochial mentality which still believes in the existence of the state of west Germany. I wish fuel will not get scarce again nor the price of food stuff sky rocket as prophesied by economists. Nobody is talking about equating $1 to N1 and raising world oil price. All those promises were made under the influence Kwunu. Sai baba.

Hmmmmm undecided

Is-orite
His-ho-kay

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Begs Tinubu; Is Now Ready To Respect Leaders Position / South South Vs East (biafria) Vs Nigeria / Controversy As 5 Buhari's Ministers Who May Be Sacked By PMB (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.