Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. (558 Views)

4 Reasons Why You Haven’t Gotten A Job Yet And How To Change This Situation. / Has Your CV Landed You Your Desired Job? Let Me Help You In Rewriting Your CV / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. by iyisco2001(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
Hi everyone, i am not a writer nor a motivational speaker, but i want to highlight reasons why i think most of us job seekers havent nailed any job, let alone the dream job. contributions are also welcome as no one is an island of knowledge. I will take my time posting here as i hope to update when time permits or when i have something new to add(we learn everyday).
Note; the linguist should permit my typo errors and the derailers should have mercy.

1. Lack of information on job openings; this is the foundation of the failure, if you are not informed about your immediate environment, then you are lost. a lot of us don't know about the jobs that are posted internally in top/medium organisation, this happens underground and you will never hear of it, some staffs inside the same organization will be surprised to see new staffs resuming and wont be aware. some jobs will be posted weeks later, you'll see the posting on internet and all after they've actually picked their candidate. i applied for a job sometimes ago, after i have gone for the first and second stage interviews, then i saw the job newly posted again on various job site, i was surprised. Ever wondered why you never get called back after applying sometimes, it could simply be because the job application date has elapsed and the posting is just formality. Some information we dont have again is the recruiting firm who handles recruitment for the particular organisation, you see staffs in banks and other organisation, majority of them are outsourced, after you drop your cvs in the same company, they throw it inside the dustbin as another organisation is handling their recruitment, mtn, glo, etisalat, oil and gas, servicing companies and a lot of them have organisation who recruits for them, this and many more are information which most us dont have or are not aware of and we keep shouting blindly and complaining of no jobs after staying donkey hours on internet, submitting hard copies and doing all sort with no result.
Re: Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. by Goovo(m): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ok
Re: Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. by iyisco2001(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
2. Our CV or Resume: A lot is also attached to this also and we have had different post concerning this also. Some of us have cvs that lack bearing or dimension, no skill, no area of interest, no personal statement, nothing to attract a recruiter about it. Also, the new system of companies allow them to use key words to search and compile the useful cvs in their database, some of us do not have our resume tailored to the job we are applying for, therefore, when the HR searches, your resume dont get to show up. Also try as much as possible to apply instantly when you see a job opening, some HRs will pick the first 20, or 50, or as much as they can sort and invite them, when you apply late sometimes, you automatically loose the chance as we have at least a hundred candidate applying for a position.
Re: Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. by iyisco2001(m): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
comments are welcomed as I hope we can make this interactive and all of us can learn.
Ever gone for and interview and didnt make it? you can also share the reason why think you didnt nail the job here.
Thanks
Re: Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. by Eddodoh(m): 11:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Bro, i have CV's dat are acclaimed to b d best, edit my skills to match job specifications & apply on time but still hardly get interviews.

I have realise dat only God factor & connection from high places can give one job.

1 Like

Re: Reasons You Havent Nailed The Desired Job Yet. by iyisco2001(m): 4:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Eddodoh:
Bro, i have CV's dat are acclaimed to b d best, edit my skills to match job specifications & apply on time but still hardly get interviews.

I have realise dat only God factor & connection from high places can give one job.
Yes, we can't underestimate the Godhead and connections, but I tell you, many are still hitting it big in the Labour force. Keep your faith and don't give up, you'll make it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Move Ahead In Your Career / Opinion Needed! / What Would You Advise Nigerian Youths That Have Just Finished Studying Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.