Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend (935 Views)

Aggrieved Dad Announces The Death Of His Son, Hours After Announcing His Birth / Ordeal Of Hubby's Friend Wife That Travel Wit Us For Xmas / 13 Questions Nigerian Parents Ask When You Say You’re Going To Visit A Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by ConfessionsNgr: 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
I am so confused right now and I do not know what to do or how to go about this. I recently discovered this site and I appreciate the confidentiality here. Although, none of what I'm going through is my fault, but I know some people will heap the blame on me. Before my ordeal started, I was a 300 level student of Political science at the Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma. Sometime ago, a friend of mine came to me with a proposal that we should both travel abroad using road. There was this friend of ours who is now in Holland who had traveled by road to Spain, from where he now moved to Holland. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and have been friends since our secondary school days. In the past one year we had seen how this friend of ours changed the life of his family and how successful he had become. For those of us who grew up in our neighborhood in Benin, travelling abroad has always been our ultimate goal, so when my friend came to me with this idea I didn’t waste time in jumping at it. I was already tired of life in Nigeria and we have always believed that travelling to Europe; we would be able to make it within a short time. So when my friend came up with this idea, I was interested, although I was a bit skeptical because we had no money. But about two weeks later, my friend came to me one night and said if I am with him I should get ready, that we are leaving the next day. I told him that was so sudden that why did he look like he was running? He now told me that he had already sold his father’s car to raise money for both of us and that he cannot go back home again because his father is already looking for him with police so we had to move quickly. That was how we embarked on a trip to Europe by road with the guidance of our friend in Holland who had done the same journey before. The Journey from Nigeria through to Niger was smooth and uneventful, until we entered the desert. We were told beforehand that the desert was the most dangerous part of the journey and that it will take 3 days for us to successfully cross the desert to Taramaset in Algeria so we were told to brace ourselves up for eventuality as we will be travelling only at night because of border patrols. Two days into our journey in the desert, we were attacked by the Tuaregs (A group of armed bandits who specializes in robbing people in the desert), My friend was shot in the leg and badly injured because he had resisted them when they wanted to collect the whole money we were travelling with. After the robbery, we were left with nothing and my friend was badly injured. With no hospital in sight and since we couldn’t stop the bleeding, he died before we could get to Taramaset. I was so devastated because I knew this could mean trouble for me. I and the rest of us travelling had to bury him in the desert before we entered Algeria. I became stranded in Algeria and without money. I had to resort to doing menial jobs to survive. When I was able to call home, my younger sister said that my friend’s father had brought police to our house that it was me that deceived his son to sell his car and travel by road. I couldn’t even tell her then that my friend was dead. How could I? I became devastated at this point and the thought of going back home without my friend almost killed me. It was then I resolved either to continue the journey or remain indefinitely in Algeria. Our friend in Holland on his part tried to ferry me from Algeria to Europe on three occasions but with no success. I am really suffering here in Algeria with no money trying to survive and I am tired of being a beggar in a strange land so I have resolved to go back home to Nigeria but my fear now is that how am I going to back home without my friend and how am I going to explain to his parents how he died without them accusing me of killing him. I am really confused right now and I am afraid I might be arrested and jailed by the police when they get to know what happened. Please advise me on what to do. I have lost a friend, and lost my life.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/122/europe-by-road-my-ordeal-and-death-of-a-friend
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by redvektor(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
A
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by johnbuck81(m): 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
u've already started d journey so u hv to finish it.
ur friend will not be happy with u wherever he is if u quit.
if u decide to go back ti nigeria,be ready to go to jail.jux keep d hustle on n bring d bread home.
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by ecto(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
Lesson for all who want o make it quick
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by MartineeVIP(f): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Is quite unfortunate you allowed yourself to be in a hot soup, pls come back home like a prodigal son instead of dying in someone else country. I don't even know how to advice you but just try to make it right this time around by making right decisions
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by pretydiva(f): 12:46am On Jul 04, 2015
Dis 1 is strong
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 04, 2015
I wouldn't advice anyone to abandon their lives to go abroad,
But right now you are in...
What are you going back to Nigeria for?
To tell them that you didn't tell him to sell the car?
That he died when you were robbed?
That you were not the one that killed him?
You are lucky to have a friend that is ready to help you..
Keep trying one day you will be ferried across.
You better die struggling abroad than coming back to Nigeria.
You don't even have money for police and court case If you insist on coming

2 Likes

Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by UdohOby(f): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2015
Sorry for the death of your friend, but now it is clear to you that there is no place like home. Did you ask yourself the type of work your friend in Holland does? They are the ones giving this country the bad names we have. Even those who are citizens don't make money as fast as your friend made his money, so it's either he is dealing on drugs, or he is doing some illegal stuff. You thought you were suffering in 9ja, now what you are going through is what we call unadulterated suffering. May God help you o.

Btw, if you had made it, you wouldn't have remembered nairaland, but now your cup don full, you don remember us. Continu.
Re: Europe by Road; My Ordeal and death of a friend by tonididdy(m): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
...All becos of money.

This world should just end already.

(1) (Reply)

Deepest Thing I Ever Read. Wise Words, Worth Reading Ladies... / House: Is This True Of Our Women / Herbalist, 69, Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife- The Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.