Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage (1981 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!! / What Happens To Christians Who Stray? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by Vicben(m): 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
It’s been a week already, but the upheaval caused by the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on gay marriage has yet to subside.

For most Christians, the week has served as a wake-up call. Our complacency at the sin lurking in our own congregations has led to some much needed introspection, prayer, and Scripture-searching (Psalm 119). To be blunt, we must get our own house in order before we can speak to the cultural and moral decay around us (1 Peter 4:17). We’ve lost our influence because we’ve lost our desire to be holy and set apart (Matthew 5:13;1 Thessalonians 4:3;2 Peter 3:11). In particular, if we are to talk about marriage, we must make sure that our own marriages represent Ephesian 5 covenants first. Then, we can address the problems with the world’s view.

But not all Christians have been so shocked or saddened. In fact, many have blithely changed their Facebook profile images to blaze with the colors of the rainbow. They’re glad for the ruling and see no contradiction between the tenants of God’s Word and gay marriage.

“If you consider yourself a Bible-believing Christian, a follower of Jesus whose chief aim is to glorify God and enjoy him forever, there are important questions I hope you will consider before joining the rest of the world cheering for the supreme Court ruling

1. How long have you believed that gay marriage is something to be celebrated?

2. What Bible verses led you to change your mind

3. How would you make a positive case from Scripture that sexual activity between two persons of the same sex is a blessing to be celebrated?

4. What verses would you use to show that a marriage between two persons of the same sex can adequately depict Christ and the church?

5. Do you think Jesus would have been okay with homosexual behavior between consenting adults in a committed relationship?

6. If so, why did he reassert the Genesis definition of marriage as being one man and one woman?

7. As you think about the long history of the church and the near universal disapproval of same-sex sexual activity, what do you think you understand about the Bible that Augustine, Aquinas, Calvin, and Luther failed to grasp?

8. What arguments would you use to explain to Christians in Africa, Asia, and South America that their understanding of homosexuality is biblically incorrect and your new understanding of homosexuality is not culturally conditioned?

9. Should your brothers and sisters in Christ who disagree with homosexual practice be allowed to exercise their religious beliefs without fear of punishment, retribution, or coercion?

10. Will you speak up for your fellow Christians when their jobs, their accreditation, their reputation, and their freedoms are threatened because of this issue?

For Janet Boynes, however, these questions don’t go far enough. Boynes, a former lesbian, left the homosexual lifestyle when Christ made her new. She doesn’t mince words when she talks about the Bible's definition of marriage:

“The Supreme Court cannot redefine what they didn't create. Marriage is a covenant, a sacred bond between a man and a woman instituted by and publicly entered into before God. Marriage is intended to be a lifetime commitment since it was established by God.

“Marriage represents a serious vow that should not be entered into lightly or unadvisedly. It involves a solemn promise or pledge, not merely to one's marriage partner, but before God. Marriage is also a human agreement between a man and a woman; it is the most intimate of all human relationships resulting in a ‘one-flesh’ union.”
What's your take on this gay marriage issue?

Cc: lalasticlala mods
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
cheesy
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by segzybeez(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
though I am not in support of gay marriage but I feel pple have a right to do what they want and gay marriage is one if them.
I dont think pple that practice it should be punished and I think there is no need legalising it.it should be seen as a normal thing cause it does not hurt us in anyway except reduction in birth rate.lol
that's how I see it.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by kestolove95(m): 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
xtians ar gay
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by marshalcarter: 11:15pm On Jul 03, 2015
kestolove95:
xtians ar gay
Pls explain how they are gay??angry
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by marshalcarter: 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
segzybeez:
though I am not in support of gay marriage but I feel pple have a right to do what they want and gay marriage is one if them.
I dont think pple that practice it should be punished and I think there is no need legalising it.it should be seen as a normal thing cause it does not hurt us in anyway except reduction in birth rate.lol
that's how I see it.
You see it as a normal tin when ur fellow guy walks up to you nd spank ur a$$
You see it as a normal thing wen ur fellow man kisses nd romance you(wen dere's ntn to touch)
You see it as a normal tin wen ur fellow man takes you to the alter...place a ring in ur finger nd kisses you
You see it as a normal thing wen ur father catches you naked and raped the hell outta you

I dnt tink you're normal...you brain is no more functioning...go nd repair ur brain...mad bloody FOOL

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by segzybeez(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
marshalcarter:

You see it as a normal tin when ur fellow guy walks up to you nd spank ur a$$
You see it as a normal thing wen ur fellow man kisses nd romance you(wen dere's ntn to touch)
You see it as a normal tin wen ur fellow man takes you to the alter...place a ring in ur finger nd kisses you
You see it as a normal thing wen ur father catches you naked and raped the hell outta you

I dnt tink you're normal...you brain is no more functioning...go nd repair ur brain...mad bloody FOOL

you gat me laughing.
is ur choice if u want to be bleepd in the azz.
its not a must.
REDUNDANT FOOL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by chaberry(m): 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
Only in West Germany
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by marshalcarter: 11:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
segzybeez:

you gat me laughing.
is ur choice if u want to be bleep in the azz.
its not a must.
REDUNDANT FOOL.
Only if I could see you face to face.....I'll bury you alive you..you...you...psychopathic redundant FOOL....animal in human form....goat
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by segzybeez(m): 11:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
marshalcarter:

Only if I could see you face to face.....I'll bury you alive you..you...you...psychopathic redundant FOOL....animal in human form....goat

get off my mention

LUNATIC
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by Vicben(m): 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
kestolove95:
xtians ar gay
No one disputes that. But is it right for a Christian to be gay? The Bible - the Christian guide speaks vehemently against being gay and so, whoever calls himself a Christian and truly believe in the Bible and practices it should not engage in such acts. It's a sin.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by kestolove95(m): 12:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Vicben:
No one disputes that. But is it right for a Christian to be gay? The Bible - the Christian guide speaks vehemently against being gay and so, whoever calls himself a Christian and truly believe in the Bible and practices it should not engage in such acts. It's a sin.
pls giv me d verse dat preach against it
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by kestolove95(m): 12:10am On Jul 04, 2015
marshalcarter:

Pls explain how they are gay??angry
simply,look at all d countries legalizn d act, ar dey nkankar,budhist or islamic countries?
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by malvisguy212: 12:10am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
xtians ar gay
have you ever been to kano, kaduna or even Abuja ? especially kano state there a LOT of muslims there who do Dan daudu (Gay) yes they called it Dan daudu
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by marshalcarter: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
simply,look at all d countries legalizn d act, ar dey nkankar,budhist or islamic countries?
undecided are you supporting or are you against this gayism
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by kestolove95(m): 12:15am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
have you ever been to kano, kaduna or even Abuja ? especially kano state there a LOT of muslims there who do Dan daudu (Gay) yes they called it Dan daudu
if ur claim ar true, den u shud knw dey do it for power(political)or rituals, but christians do it for pleasure, dats y dey gt married to each oda
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by malvisguy212: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
the Arab have Islamic rule who place death sentence on it. My brother is a footballer, he play in a club in Arab, he can speak Arabic very much. They practice gay secretly even more than this country you mention.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by malvisguy212: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
if ur claim ar true, den u shud knw dey do it for power(political)or rituals, but christians do it for pleasure, dats y dey gt married to each oda
do it for pleasure or for evil purpose, which is better ? (I condemned them both)
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by kestolove95(m): 12:19am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
the Arab have Islamic rule who place death sentence on it. My brother is a footballer, he play in a club in Arab, he can speak Arabic very much. They practice gay secretly even more than this country you mention.
evribody na thief, but na d one wey dem catch we know..if u lyk make ur brother play 4 mecca or medina,dat one concern u, if christian no like gay,why dem no make strick laws like muslims?
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by kestolove95(m): 12:22am On Jul 04, 2015
marshalcarter:

undecided are you supporting or are you against this gayism
am against it, it hurt me dt its d christian countries dat ar legalizn it
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by Mrbigman1(m): 12:25am On Jul 04, 2015
segzybeez:
that's how I see it.

U re either for or against.

Feminism
Gayism and
Freedom to every want

That's d exact weapon devil used to capture the world.

We humans tend to know too much, it's just like a son telling the father how to have a baby.

We wia all created normal and should be normal.

My family members would not go against the rule, I detest it cos it's forbidden both culturally, naturally and religiously.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by malvisguy212: 12:26am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
evribody na thief, but na d one wey dem catch we know..if u lyk make ur brother play 4 mecca or medina,dat one concern u, if christian no like gay,why dem no make strick laws like muslims?
we are not bound by the law of man or the latter of the law. We are save by his grace.

According to the mosaic law, the adulterous woman should've been stone to death by WICKED SINNERS but Jesus take charge first and then ask who is without SIN to cast the first stone at her, that is how our Lord gave her a second chance by saying GO AND SIN NO MORE.

A sinner has no right to judge a sinner.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by Vicben(m): 12:27am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
What's the difference then? Whether they practice it for pleasure or political powers or rituals. They're all engaging in the same act. No justification whatsoever.

It appears you have little or no knowledge about gayism. The earlier you realise it's not a Christian thing the better it'll be for your likes.

Talking about Islam forbidding or having a strong rule against it [gay] and other immoralities just reminds of what Muslims do in secrets which I won't want to bring to this thread.
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by lanaVello1(m): 12:36am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
which christian country legalized it?? shocked
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by malvisguy212: 12:38am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
see, I am against the legalize of this gay thing, but you sound like you hate gays, well Being Gay is sinful,YES., newsflash!! so is lying, cheating, cursing, arrogance, drinking, wrathful, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, envy, murder, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, being without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful.
https://www.nairaland.com/2290995/love-thy-gay-neighbor
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by Vicben(m): 12:38am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:

the Bible condemns homosexuality as an immoral and unnatural sin. Leviticus 18:22 identifies homosexual sex as an abomination, a detestable sin. Romans 1:26-27 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. First Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.

Whenever the Bible mentions marriage, it is between a male and a female. The first mention of marriage, Genesis 2:24, describes it as a man leaving his parents and being united to his wife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by marshalcarter: 1:39am On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
Ok...now I understand you very well...thought you were in support of itundecided
Wanted to break ur headgrin
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by NumberOne3(m): 1:56am On Jul 04, 2015
Everyone seems okay with the gay marriage thing until their son or daughter comes home with a gay partner to marry. Then reality hits home.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by vooks: 2:47am On Jul 04, 2015
Is there anything else legalized by US that is sin?

While Christians would so much love all God's law to govern US, they must understand that not all are Christians there. These demands are really no different from ISIS and their caliphate attempts.

The greatest loss for the church will be preaching against homosexuality will now be criminalized, it will be akin to racial discrimination...equally vilified
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by segzybeez(m): 8:28am On Jul 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
we are not bound by the law of man or the latter of the law. We are save by his grace.

According to the mosaic law, the adulterous woman should've been stone to death by WICKED SINNERS but Jesus take charge first and then ask who is without SIN to cast the first stone at her, that is how our Lord gave her a second chance by saying GO AND SIN NO MORE.

A sinner has no right to judge a sinner.

exactly bro
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by winner01(m): 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
segzybeez:
that's how I see it.
You mean people can rob others if they want
Re: 10 Questions For Christians Who Support Gay Marriage by winner01(m): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
kestolove95:
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven
against all the godlessness and wickedness of people,
who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since
what may be known about God is plain to them, because
God has made it plain to them. For since the creation
of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power
and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being
understood from what has been made, so that people
are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified
him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking
became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for
images made to look like a mortal human being and
birds and animals and reptiles.
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of
their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their
bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth
about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created
things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised.
Amen.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful
lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual
relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the
men also abandoned natural relations with women and
were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed
shameful acts with other men, and received in
themselves the due penalty for their error.
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile
to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over
to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be
done. They have become filled with every kind of
wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of
envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are
gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant
and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they
disobey their parents; they have no understanding,
no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know
God’s righteous decree that those who do such things
deserve death, they not only continue to do these very
things but also approve of those who practice them.
Romans 1:18-31

(1) (2) (Reply)

So "Arc-atheist" Richard Dawkins Believes In The Possibility Of Higher IQ Alien? / God Is Not Sangiri Lagiri, It’s An Attribute Of Sango / God Wants You To Manifest His Power & His Greatness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.