Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? (17792 Views)

Top Six Most Endangered Animals In Nigeria(pics, Video) / 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / Animals! Super Animals! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 9:41am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

buh with ur picture, u're far older dan me na....
hahahahahahaha am still quite young shaa buh maybe a few years difference
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

dat was my aspiration angry
u opted for fueless gen. mediocre grin
*whispers*

it's not a fuelless gen. Oh no . . . what I have in mind is so much cooler. shocked shocked cool cool
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 9:56am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:
they'd just view and walk away.

ishilove frontpage pls.
Yeah the MODs don't help out scientific topics because 96% of nairalanders can make you fall of your chair when they post anything on a science topic, they seem to think science is another religion cheesy it really saddens me that a youth in a country like ours do not bother to read scientific materials or rejects it to uphold belief. . .anyway lets hope they will heed your call this time embarassed
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

u didnt even read the post? gosh!

the title says "from other animals"
Busted

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
Larger brain to body mass ratio grin

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah the MODs don't help out scientific topics because 96% of nairalanders can make you fall of your chair when they post anything on a science topic, they seem to think science is another religion cheesy it really saddens me that a youth in a country like ours do not bother to read scientific materials or rejects it to uphold belief. . .anyway lets hope they will heed your call this time embarassed
No need for the sermon Mate...
Intellectual properties are the least favoured by social media
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2015
Velocitron:
Larger brain to body mass ratio? grin
Lol ...seriously
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 04, 2015
Velocitron:
Larger brain to body mass ratio? grin
YES
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 10:15am On Jul 04, 2015
Freemanan:

No need for the sermon Mate...
Intellectual properties are the least favoured by social media
It is really disturbing bro, sai buhari and tonto dike won't develop our intellectual capability

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by amnesty7: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
Are humans not Animals too?
From 'other animals'. Did u pass comprehension in WAEC at all?
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2015
angry

LET ME EDUCATE YOU PEOPLE :

1. CLOTH

2. METHOD OF KILLING PEOPLE, HUMANS LIKE BOKO HARAM USE BOMB AND GUN WHILE ANIMAL ONLY USE THERE NATURAL INSTINCT

3.METHOD OF SEXX, WE USE DIFFERENT KIND OF SEXX SKILLS WHILE ANIMALS ONLY USE ONE METHOD

4. WE USE OUR BRAIN TO THINK,

5. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN ANIMAL INVENTED ANYTHING.?

6. ANIMALS DON'T GO TO SCHOOL

7. ANIMALS DON'T DRIVE CAR

8. ANIMALS DON'T DRIVE PLANE

9. ANIMALS DON'T FALL IN LOVE, WE DO

10. ANIMALS DONT HUSTLE FOR JOB,

11. ANIMALS DON'T EXPERIENCE HEART BREAK

12. ANIMALS DON'T DO POLITIC

13. ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS WHILE HUMAN BEING BEHAVE LIKE AN ANIMALS SOMETIMES

14.YOU CAN CLASSIFIER A GROUP OF PEOPLE ANIMALS BUT YOU CAN'T CLASSIFIER A GROUP OF ANIMALS HUMAN undecided

15. EVEN MADMAN KNOW THE DIFFERENT BTW ANIMALS AND HUMANS, NOT TALK LESS OF THE OP.

2 Likes

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by ipreach: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2015

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
It is really disturbing bro, sai buhari and tonto dike won't develop our intellectual capability
Lwkmd....

Falling off MTN mast but dropping my iPhone first...

You are mean Mate...
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by ITbomb(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2015
The dogs look up to man, that we know
The cats tends to look down on man, I know you get that feeling when you see a cat look at you
But the pigs, for some strange reason, thinks they are equal to man
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2015
sonofananimal:
angry
1. CLOTH
That is due to the fact that other animals have self heating features like fur and scaly skin, you dont thats why our ancestors developed clothing first from the skin of other animals.

2. METHOD OF KILLING PEOPLE, HUMANS LIKE BOKO HARAM USE BOMB AND GUN WHILE ANIMAL ONLY USE THERE NATURAL INSTINCT
A pack of monkeys have been filmed to have mauled a lioness with sticks. .thats basic weaponry.

3.METHOD OF SEXX, WE USE DIFFERENT KIND OF SEXX SKILLS WHILE ANIMALS ONLY USE ONE METHOD
This is the funny part, monkeys, chimps us different and more aerobic styles than you as a human can ever think off. . . .
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by DaBullIT(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2015
Solowande:
Hw many animal u don see carry books say na school he dey go?

hehehe, one mumu dey tell me yesterday say if male goat no dey climb male goat, gay no suppose dey , i con ask am whether him professor, brothers and family na goats ? grin grin as if goat dey go school, make law , or even study
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:
That is due to the fact that other animals have self heating features like fur and scaly skin, you dont thats why our ancestors developed clothing first from the skin of other animals.

A pack of monkeys have been filmed to have mauled a lioness with sticks. .thats basic weaponry.

This is the funny part, monkeys, chimps us different and more aerobic styles than you as a human can ever think off. . . .

SO YOU WISH TO BECOME AN ANIMAL undecided
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by TONYE001(m): 10:35am On Jul 04, 2015
I'll make my comment from the view point of a Physiologist.

It's our higher intellectual abilities that differentiate us from our lower brothers. Our frontal cortex is extensively developed..The frontal cortex is the anterior part of the "brain". This part of the brain undergoes the highest level of postnatal development.

Why is this important to us? The dorsolateral and orbitolateral prefrontal cortex give us the ability to carry out executive functions - planning, sequencing of activities, memory, division of attention, emotion management, personality, etc. In fact, the subcallosal and subgenual regions of our brains are implicated in suicidal tendencies. With these, humans have the ability to carry out complex functions.

As for our animal brothers, phylogenetically older regions of the brain such as the limbic system are more developed in them. These regions are involved in olfaction and other life-saving functions. A good example of this is the incredible olfactory skills of a lion. It's able to pick up the smell of a potential prey meters away.

So, cognition and general coordination are the major differentiating factors between humans and other animals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2015
sonofananimal:

SO YOU WISH TO BECOME AN ANIMAL undecided
I believe this question is poorly represented and lack construction
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

ARE YOUR FOUR FOUR FATHERS ANIMAL undecided

WERE YOU BORN AN ANIMAL?

DID ANY OF YOUR FAMILY SLEEP WITH ANIMAL?

WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERN WITH ANIMALS?

HAVE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH ANIMALS BEFORE?

I BELIEVE THIS IS A CONSTRUCTIVE QUESTION
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by lastpage: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2015
But Humans dont phuck their own "gender"......... except for some "pervert animals" in human skin!

Read: Gay alert! shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 04, 2015
sonofananimal:

WERE YOU BORN AN ANIMAL?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Velocitron:
Larger brain to body mass ratio grin
on point. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Afrocatalyst: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
Our power to choose.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
Are humans not Animals too?
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERN, NA ONLY YOU BE ANIMAL,

THERE ARE THREE CLASSIFICATION OF LIVING THINGS WHICH IS :

PLANT

ANIMAL =YOU FALL UNDER THIS CATEGORIES

HUMAN
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2015
sonofananimal:

WERE YOU BORN AN ANIMAL?

Chaiiii grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2015
sonofananimal:
ARE YOUR FOUR FOUR FATHERS ANIMAL undecided WERE YOU BORN AN ANIMAL? DID ANY OF YOUR FAMILY SLEEP WITH ANIMAL? WHY ARE YOU SO CONCERN WITH ANIMALS? HAVE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH ANIMALS BEFORE? I BELIEVE THIS IS A CONSTRUCTIVE QUESTION
Ok biology101
Mention the KINGDOM of the species homo sapiens
Google it if you may
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

You're answering the guy? He's either joking or a troll.

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by kingk(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
sonofananimal:
angry

1. CLOTH

4. WE USE OUR BRAIN TO THINK,

5. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN AN ANIMAL INVENTED ANYTHING.?

6. ANIMALS DON'T GO TO SCHOOL

7. ANIMALS DON'T DRIVE CAR

8. ANIMALS DON'T DRIVE PLANE

9. ANIMALS DON'T FALL IN LOVE, WE DO

10. ANIMALS DONT HUSTLE FOR JOB,

11. ANIMALS DON'T EXPERIENCE HEART BREAK

12. ANIMALS DON'T DO POLITIC

13. ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS WHILE HUMAN BEING BEHAVE LIKE AN ANIMALS SOMETIMES

14.YOU CAN CLASSIFIER A GROUP OF PEOPLE ANIMALS BUT YOU CAN'T CLASSIFIER A GROUP OF ANIMALS HUMAN undecided

15. EVEN MADMAN KNOW THE DIFFERENT BTW ANIMALS AND HUMANS, NOT TALK LESS OF THE OP.

But animal get sense that they can not do HOMOSEXUAL then, where is the sense in human being

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2015
Velocitron:

You're answering the guy? He's either joking or a troll.
Ok sis let me just rest my case, sometimes some people makes you wonder if they really passed through secondary school at all. . . Such scientific ignorance and impaired cognitive ability among our Youths makes me sad and worried over the fate of this country in terms of scientific development in this jet age . . really sad embarassed
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by kayalla(f): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2015
sorry this topic should be what distinguishes animals from humans?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home / Woman Puts Her Hand Inside A Shark's Mouth To Release Hook / Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.