Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? (17689 Views)

Top Six Most Endangered Animals In Nigeria(pics, Video) / 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / Animals! Super Animals! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:
hmmm.... cc: teempakguy
chai. grin mine is probably better. tongue
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Rilwayne001: 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:
johnydon22 i'll like to be like u when i grow up o....cool

Lol..You don't really know johnydon and you want to be like him grin grin SMH
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol my signature alone is enough to show anyone am an atheist and he know too well. . . He is NOT asking to be like me in terms of belief/unbelief but in terms of scientific knowledge and interest. . .wink

This is science section not religion section cool
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Rilwayne001: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol my signature alone is enough to show anyone am an atheist and he know too well. . . He is NOT asking to be like me in terms of belief/unbelief but in terms of scientific knowledge and interest. . .wink

This is science section not religion section cool

All right. I have always love science as well, even though I am not a science student.

Cheers bro. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RobinHez(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

yeah....if its abt that stuff, then i knw abt that wink
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Rilwayne001: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:
yeah....if its abt that stuff, then i knw abt that wink
Lol
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RobinHez(m): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
chai. grin mine is probably better. tongue
sharap jhor...tonguecheesy cc lorddice
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

All right. I have always love science as well, even though I am not a science student.

Cheers bro. smiley
Stick around then, maybe join us on the science discussion thread. Hopefully you may learn a thing or two bro
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RobinHez(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol
are u sure u're not also a secret admirer of his, seeing that u type in the same format as he does tongue cheesy
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Rilwayne001: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
RobinHez:

are u sure u're not also a secret admirer of his, seeing that u type in the same format as he does tongue cheesy

Lol. Maybe you should ask him who started usind this format between myself and him.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Rilwayne001: 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Stick around then, maybe join us on the science discussion thread. Hopefully you may learn a thing or two bro

I have done that already.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Teempakguy:
wow, impressive.
But one must realize that they had the materials, hence their having built computers since tender ages. Here i nigeria, even if you unscrew a TOY computer, you will be punished for being a destructive child.

You may think the problem with nigeria is attitude, . i think it also has a little to do with IQ. I once watched a teen show, where some teens were being interviewed. And the interviewer asked them why they wanted to go to college. As in, university. All the white and asian kids gave solid and admirable reasons. The ONLY black kid there said he was going because everyone else was. Such lack of purpose can only be attributed to lack of deep thought. I was not exposed to tech by my parents at all. They wanted me to be a doctor. But, I chose what i wanted by myself. Sometimes, it's not about the society, but the individual.
One can always make a choice. Either to wallow in mediocrity, or to stand tall and lead the way to a better future.

I don't think we should be too quick to claim that black/African people have lower IQ's based on what one boy said. I hate to generalise but what I've noticed among us black folks and even nowadays, women, is the lack of personal responsibility. It's always "It's the white man's fault" or "It's men's fault", or the Nigerian version "It's our leaders fault". I think this, among others, is why the black community and most of Africa is wallowing in mediocrity and failure.

Like you said, it's a matter of choices. Some people are born in absolutely horrible conditions they have no power over, but the rest of us have little excuse.

I think parents are also to blame. I've noticed Nigerian parents like to choose careers for their children just solely for bragging rights. I'm glad that I'm studying something I absolutely love. I can't imagine how miserable I would have been if I was forced to study something I disliked.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by coolvitus(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
reason is what make you Better animal and superior

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RAO1(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Solowande:
Hw many animal u don see carry books say na school him dey go?
lol
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RAO1(m): 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
We can Talk and Think effectively
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Godson32(m): 6:28am On Jul 05, 2015
Solowande:
Hw many animal u don see carry books say na school him dey go?
Maybe u never see when dogs dey go school,u need to come out from that ajegunle area wey u dey stay.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Solowande(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2015
Godson32:
Maybe u never see when dogs dey go school,u need to come out from that ajegunle area wey u dey stay.
just listen to urself, dog dey go sch 4 ur village abi? nor bi only dog, wat abt monkey, tiger, pig, even ur house rat self dey go sch inside ur village
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Solowande(m): 8:06am On Jul 05, 2015
Godson32:
Cos of pipo like u na make dem dey compare human with other animals cos u nor dey reason well
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RobinHez(m): 8:07am On Jul 05, 2015
Solowande:
Cos of pipo like u na make dem compare human with other animals cos u nor dey reason well
grin
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by LORDDICE(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
chai. grin
mine is probably better. tongue
y nt send me ur device's schematics via ericdachung at gmail nd i'll send mine
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Velocitron:

I don't think we should be too quick to claim that black/African people have lower IQ's based on what one boy said. I hate to generalise but what I've noticed among us black folks and even nowadays, women, is the lack of personal responsibility. It's always "It's the white man's fault" or "It's men's fault", or the Nigerian version "It's our leaders fault". I think this, among others, is why the black community and most of Africa is wallowing in mediocrity and failure.

Like you said, it's a matter of choices. Some people are born in absolutely horrible conditions they have no power over, but the rest of us have little excuse.

I think parents are also to blame. I've noticed Nigerian parents like to choose careers for their children just solely for bragging rights. I'm glad that I'm studying something I absolutely love. I can't imagine how miserable I would have been if I was forced to study something I disliked.
umm, well, I don't think it is bad to "want" a certain career for one's child. It's only normal. However, it is extremely unnecessary to "force" your will on the child. He/she has their own life to live.
But that's by the way. I think the problem with Nigeria is multifaceted. And it begins with the individuals. Nigerians tend to praise themselves for whatever little achievement they acquire. There is no healthy jealousy. And average African is more likely to plot to bring down a successful colleague than plot to surpass him. It is basically a crabs-in-bucket situation.
And then there is the "proud African" problem. Honestly, we have nothing to be proud of. Because proud means satisfaction. Or happiness, not wanting something to change because you are already okay with how it already is. This is not right. We should actually be "ashamed Africans"
Perhaps this would push us to do more.
Yet another problem is how we veiw technology. We view it as something so complex . . . so magical and out of this world . . . hence, it does not even occur to us that we can make our own version, or that our kids can tinker with it. If only we could look for old . . . old tech and teach our kids how to combine and recombine them to form new tech junk, that would be cool. For instance, removing the rotor from an old rewinder, the gears from an old CD player, and the shafts of old screwdrivers, and using an old sardine tin, make a motorized toy car! This is a cool project for primary school students. Or middle school. Having this culture, can encourage them to become innovators in the future! But no. We would rather sell our junk to mallams. angry
Sad, sad, sad. angry
Well, no hope is lost. There is always room for improvement. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
LORDDICE:
y nt send me ur device's schematics via ericdachung at gmail nd i'll send mine
LOL, dude. grin this is not a competition. cheesy
Besides, I am not building a fuelless generator. Don't mind Robinhez. tongue
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RobinHez(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
Teempakguy:
LOL, dude. grin this is not a competition. cheesy
Besides, I am not building a fuelless generator. Don't mind Robin hez. tongue
why u too dey lie like this?? i think i stumbled on that declaration in our discussion thread....u said something about working on a project bla bla and we could genearte power by doing some bla bla...anyways, we're waiting for the outcome of all ur numerous research papers. tongue

BTW, why dont u accept the guys offer, maybe u could lend him an helping hand in anyway u can...we never know, it could grow up to become a successful partnership....(nd of course u'll pay my commission too), just review his project and lets make this happen....pls! wink

Lorddice smiley
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
RobinHez:

why u too dey lie like this?? i think i stumbled on that declaration in our discussion thread....u said something about working on a project bla bla and we could genearte power by doing some bla bla...anyways, we're waiting for the outcome of all ur numerous research papers. tongue

BTW, why dont u accept the guys offer, maybe u could lend him an helping hand in anyway u can...we never know, it could grow up to become a successful partnership....(nd of course u'll pay my commission too), just review his project and lets make this happen....pls! wink

Lorddice smiley
shocked shocked
Na you dey derail your thread o. No be me abeg. grin

By the way, a fuelless generator is a generator that does not use fuel. Mine does embarassed
Hydrogen. cool
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Spybradd: 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
BluePulse:
Science has made several pitches on this issue. But d 'sense' is always a distinguishing factor. Sense in how we talk, think and act. By these, we place ourselves higher or lower than animals.

A human in context can be an animal by behaviour, but an animal can't be a human by any character choice.

did u study ZOOLOGEE,oops! i mean ZOOLOGY? Ur zoological analysis is bovinely outstanding..
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by BluePulse: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Spybradd:

did u study ZOOLOGEE,oops! i mean ZOOLOGY? Ur zoological analysis is bovinely outstanding..
grin

So ur pathetic thread self done fold up.
Described as childish, attention seeking and un-worthy of attention...by a gal definitly smarter dan you... Lolssssssssss.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Godson32(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2015
Solowande:
Cos of pipo like u na make dem dey compare human with other animals cos u nor dey reason well
U wey dey reason well no know say human beings na animal and to compare them with other animals no be big deal. Abeg go read ur elementary science textbook,no be me go lecture u.
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Solowande(m): 11:01am On Jul 06, 2015
Godson32:
U wey dey reason well no know say human beings na animal and to compare them with other animals no be big deal. Abeg go read ur elementary science textbook,no be me go lecture u.
When dey say human being na animal, dey com tell u say animal dey go school mr elementary science teacher
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by Queed: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Teempakguy:
umm, well, I don't think it is bad to "want" a certain career for one's child. It's only normal. However, it is extremely unnecessary to "force" your will on the child. He/she has their own life to live.
But that's by the way. I think the problem with Nigeria is multifaceted. And it begins with the individuals. Nigerians tend to praise themselves for whatever little achievement they acquire. There is no healthy jealousy. And average African is more likely to plot to bring down a successful colleague than plot to surpass him. It is basically a crabs-in-bucket situation.
And then there is the "proud African" problem. Honestly, we have nothing to be proud of. Because proud means satisfaction. Or happiness, not wanting something to change because you are already okay with how it already is. This is not right. We should actually be "ashamed Africans"
Perhaps this would push us to do more.
Yet another problem is how we veiw technology. We view it as something so complex . . . so magical and out of this world . . . hence, it does not even occur to us that we can make our own version, or that our kids can tinker with it. If only we could look for old . . . old tech and teach our kids how to combine and recombine them to form new tech junk, that would be cool. For instance, removing the rotor from an old rewinder, the gears from an old CD player, and the shafts of old screwdrivers, and using an old sardine tin, make a motorized toy car! This is a cool project for primary school students. Or middle school. Having this culture, can encourage them to become innovators in the future! But no. We would rather sell our junk to mallams. angry
Sad, sad, sad. angry
Well, no hope is lost. There is always room for improvement. smiley

Never knew u know about this (the bolded) cheesy
so you belong? grin

when I was little, I don't wait for equipments to break down,,,,, I facilitate their doom cheesy, so that, when they break down I always know the problem, so I fix them.
Not being a bad child, atleast, I get to know whats inside cheesy cheesy

I heard you are built some atomic batteries?? hook me up grin grin , I love stuffs as such smiley
Re: What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals? by RobinHez(m): 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Queed:

Never knew u know about this (the bolded) cheesy
so you belong? grin

when I was little, I don't wait for equipments to break down,,,,, I facilitate their doom cheesy, so that, when they break down I always know the problem, so I fix them.
Not being a bad child, atleast, I get to know whats inside cheesy cheesy

I heard you are built some atomic batteries?? hook me up grin grin , I love stuffs as such smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/2391945/sciences-discussion-thread/23#35548408

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Check Your Glo Number With USSD (2021); All Codes For Glo Network / Google Launches AI Model 'Gemini', Billed To Be Better Than ChatGPT / 10 Inventors Who Didn't Get Mega-rich From Their Inventions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.