Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday (46295 Views)

This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night / Killed This Python In My Room! / 'THING' I Killed Inside My Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by jnrbayano(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2015
Duletion:
It's the green mamba. They're normally scared of humans but they're the most venomous snake in Africa

How did you know this?

Its looks, behaviour, habitat or what?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by kingpetrol: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2015
jorel1:
Why do you use cheap carpet??

Biko, all you could see was carpet?? Well, i hope the snake visits you on your expensive Tiles.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Eyop: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2015
justi4jesu:

That's so funny, i hate those creatures seriously which kind guardian angel be that one cheesy cheesy

same here but there was a thread here on Nairaland about how one particular area in South-East worship snake now or didn't you see that thread?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Dontbeused: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2015
My problem with the poster is....3metres?, n your bed was by d window...aw long is d size of ya bed self?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Eyop: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2015
VickyRotex:

Lmaooo. Guardian Angel kor, killer Angel ni cheesy

cheesy cheesy
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 04, 2015
wetin u come do that ur ancestors come visit you abi warn you

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lol u gonna take OP's fame from Hero - Zero ... So u saying its a harmless snake

OP u tricked us .. Thought u said it was coming to attack u sad
Wrong quote luv

2 Likes

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by TONYE001(m): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2015
This is one of the responsibilities I must learn as a husband.

Sometimes I call my wife to kill a trapped rat..lolz..

...but please kill only when there is an actual threat. Try as much as you can to take an invading animal to a less human populated zone...if possible...

3 Likes

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by anonimi: 10:02am On Jul 04, 2015
daroz:
How can snake wish blessing on someone?
What if that same snake attack and kill someone else tomorrow?

He will charged with the crime of accessory to murder of the person killed by the freed snake.
Simple.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 04, 2015
I thank God for u. dz snake is deadly .all d green snake in West Africa are poisonous
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

He just wanted to share his story n education on the specie of the snake he killed. Daz all

Yh think ^^ comment should be directed at that lady above who bashed op@ zara girl .. Wetin concern me
I just dey comment wink
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by anonimi: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2015
zaragal:
I don't understand u re asking for advice on a snake u hav already killed

Or u want to knw whether u should kill or not

Is the snake poisonous or not
Like seriously re u kidding me

Y kill it, wen u could hav jst answered ur question urself by kissing it instead of killing it, dat way u could hav experience it urself.....now ur only chances of getting answers to ur questions is gone

Seriously dude ur question is funny, u need advice on a snake u've killed sad.....a

Is the EDUCATION and knowledge he is seeking not likely to be useful if he encounters a similar snake in future or for others who may have a similar encounter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Masculity(m): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:
Thank God it did not bite u. If m not mistaken thats a west africa green mamba, its highly venomous, n its bite could be fatal. Never judge a snake by its size.

owk! Is't eatable
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2015
TONYE001:
This is one of the responsibilities I must learn as a husband.

Sometimes I call my wife to kill a trapped rat..lolz..

...but please kill only when there is an actual threat. Try as much as you can to take an invading animal to a less human populated zone...if possible...

Yh animal rights law needed
If it didnt attack yh .. Should just be moved although i hate snakes ... They have benefits ie my snake skin bag grin

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2015
zaragal:
I don't understand u re asking for advice on a snake u hav already killed

Or u want to knw whether u should kill or not

Is the snake poisonous or not
Like seriously re u kidding me

Y kill it, wen u could hav jst answered ur question urself by kissing it instead of killing it, dat way u could hav experience it urself.....now ur only chances of getting answers to ur questions is gone

Seriously dude ur question is funny, u need advice on a snake u've killed sad.....a
He just wanted to share his story n education on the specie of the snake he killed. Daz all

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by STEVENcrack(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2015
Gruesome. Wickedness. Gory. You just murdered an innocent visitor in cold blood.

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Yh think ^^ comment should be directed at that lady above who bashed op@ zara girl .. Wetin concern me
I just dey comment wink

Yes dear
Wrong quote
How u dey?

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Abayor7: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
are needed: Is this snake a threat to humans or not? find pix below:

Hian angry iffah hear say there's a harmless snake on this heart, u don die since last year be that. The "I quickly ran out of the room" part of your story is funny cheesy and the "the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres" part of your story is scary :-O

But I thank God for your life smiley cool BTW it's called "bewere" or "paramole" in yoruba cool
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

Yes dear
Wrong quote
How u dey?

Lolz im good
Aint seen u in ages .. School stuff?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 04, 2015
I killed one last week..... Na inside book hm hide.... Na God save me shall.... cos by now I would have joined Jim Reeves to sing "Across the Bridge"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 04, 2015
jnrbayano:

How did you know this?
Its looks, behaviour, habitat or what?
Colour and head shape
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

OK ma
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by fretnot(m): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2015
The western green mamba (Dendroaspis viridis), also known as the West African green mamba or Hallowell's green mamba, is a long, thin, and highly venomous snake of the mamba genus, Dendroaspis. This species was first described in 1844 by the American herpetologist Edward Hallowell. The western green mamba is a fairly large and predominantly arborealspecies, capable of navigating through trees swiftly and gracefully. It will also descend to ground level to pursue prey such as rodents and other small mammals.The western green mamba is a very alert, nervous, and extremely agile snake that lives mainly in the coastaltropical rainforest, thicket, and woodland regions ofwestern Africa. Like all the other mambas, the western green mamba is a highly venomous elapid species. Its venom is a highly potent mixture of rapid-acting presynaptic and postsynaptic neurotoxins(dendrotoxins), cardiotoxins and fasciculins. Some consider this species to not be a particularly aggressive snake, but others have suggested that they are extremely nervous and are prone to attack aggressively when cornered. Conflict with humans is low compared to some other species found in the region. Bites to people by this species are quite uncommon. Their mortality rate, however, is high; many of the recorded bites have been fatal. Rapid progression of severe, life-threatening symptoms are hallmarks of mamba bites. Bites with envenomation can be rapidly fatal. Case reports of rapidly fatal outcomes, in as little as 30 minutes, have been recorded for this species.

quote author=eagleonearth post=35459420] I've been thanking him since then. but is the snake really deadly?[/quote]
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:14am On Jul 04, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Lolz im good
Aint seen u in ages .. School stuff?

Don't mind me I got tired of nl , no o done with school at least for now grin

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 04, 2015
LadyBoss1:

No its a green mamber garden snakes are shorter and they dont go in homes . And defo dont charge in front of a human they actually run soo i dont think it is .

I think you're right. Just read that the green mamba is common in West Africa.

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

Don't mind me I got tired of nl , no o done with school at least for now grin
Yh , breaks is needed on this site or u lose ur sanity a bit .
Glad ur back
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Youngpo413: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I've been thanking him since then. but is the snake really deadly?
No,except the black,brown and light yellow ones.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Yh , breaks is needed on this site or u lose ur sanity a bit .
Glad ur back

Same here, was glad to see you were back

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by tivta(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
are needed: Is this snake a threat to humans or not? find pix below:
Sorry but I have to ask this, where do you stay? Are there lots of grass around your house? Vacant lands? Cause that's the only place snakes can come from. Cut all grass and clear your compound before a cobra comes next. Snakes hate open places.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

And likewise, me.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

Yh ... smiley

Anyway any plans for the weekend ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Black Snake I Killed In My Room This Morning / Jeeez.... See What This Bus Driver Did With Our #1,000 Note / Big Python Killed In A Flour Mill In Apapa, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.