Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

A Brief Life Experienced - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Brief Life Experienced (876 Views)

What We Do - In Brief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Brief Life Experienced by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 04, 2015
Life is good. Some are just lucky to b born into a family where they don't need to work for anything. They have all they want at their disposal. Well, such wasnt the case with me. You have got to work for everything.
In 2011 I left my parents down to Portharcourt for a greener pasture (To work as a security man). On getting there there the man said I was good looking to do such kind of job. He advised me to go back and continue my education. I didn't want to go back. We agreed that I will stay with him and he will assist me in my education. I became a house assistant. From washing cars, to keeping the poultry house clean, taking care of his dogs, looking after the compound selling in his shop and finally was moved out from the main house to the security post where I finally became the gateman. I started receiving 5k as allowance in September 2012.
I wasn't comfortable there anymore especially when I found out that he wasn't committed to spending a dime on my education. I decided to get a work. I secured one as a Baker in a restaurant. The pay was 14600. I gave him my guarantor form to fill, while filling it, he told me I will have to leave his house so he can bring someone else in.
I left that house January 18 2013. I called my elder Bros to narrate my ordeal, Bros told me to go to the village and stay. Was confused, no house, no money, no relative around me. I ended up squatting with a church brother.
Life as a baker was tough. I worked form 6am to 8pm daily.
One night, while I was on duty, I got a text message from my church. It happen that I have applied as a security man back then in November 2012, but I didn't pass the interview. I never apply again. But Miraculously got their text again. I went for the interview, funny enough, I wasn't interview, Miraculously got the Job and I started work March 18 2013 with a pay of 50k which has risen to 55k with some other benefits.
Today, my life has changed drastically. Now lived in a self contain in Phc and also schooling in Uniport as full time.
I believed this story can inspire someone to keep trying and not give up. Yours too might be what someone need to read to avoid suicide. Let's share it here. Thank you all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by HungerBAD: 1:31am On Jul 04, 2015
You are a success story.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 04, 2015
Me back then in 2011

1 Like

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 04, 2015
Me in 2015

1 Like

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Lordave: 1:40am On Jul 04, 2015
Nice one, buddy.

Hardwork and Determination surely pay.

There is a proverb in my local dialect that says Onye ngana kpuchie ute, aguru ekpughe ya.

You're working hard and you are enjoying the dividends. Never relent.

2 Likes

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by marshalcarter: 1:49am On Jul 04, 2015
Bros....its wat u hustle for

So chaw ur money lyk no 2morogrin

1 Like

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by ShakurM(m): 4:31am On Jul 04, 2015
I'm happy 4 you smiley
Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=ShakurM post=35460953][/quote]
grin
Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 04, 2015
marshalcarter:
Bros....its wat u hustle for

So chaw ur money lyk no 2morogrin
cool
Re: A Brief Life Experienced by BobUg28(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2015
It seems like we share the same story. I graduated from one of the public secondary school in the rural area back then in July 2011 after my WAEC and NECO. I have so much interest to further my education but looking at the financial constraint we'd in our family, I couldn't make a move. I was subjected stay with one of my uncle's friend who sales cosmetics, wines, Provision and foodstuffs in Abuja.

During that period when I was preparing for my exams, one of our external teacher who was conducting an extra moral class (lesson) for us encouraged me to enroll for JAMB which I did that he will assist me with some money if I successfully secures an admission into the university.

After the exam(s), I made all my papers including WAEC, NECO and JAMB at the same time.When it was time to go for my Post UTME in FUTO, the unexpected happened. He had an accident which cost his life. When I got the news I was confused, shatter[b][/b]ed, battered and scattered . I don't know where to start. I have putting all my hope on his promises.

To cut the long story short, I quit my school prospects and then embarked on the journey of stewardship under the auspices /aegis of one businessman. As God will have it, am now the new Regional Branch manager of Emmadav Global Link Limited in the suburb part of Abuja metropolis

DETERMINATION IS THE KEY

May the lord bless your handiwork in all your endeavours.

Cc Ishilove
Lalasticlacla

Check my signature...diary of a steward in abuja supermarket

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
BobUg28:
It seems like we share the same story. I graduated from one of the public secondary school in the rural area back then in July 2011 after my WAEC and NECO. I have so much interest to further my education but looking at the financial constraint we'd in our family, I couldn't make a move. I was subjected stay with one of my uncle's friend who sales cosmetics, wines, Provision and foodstuffs in Abuja.

During that period when I was preparing for my exams, one of our external teacher who was conducting an extra moral class (lesson) for us encouraged me to enroll for JAMB which I did that he will assist me with some money if I successfully secures an admission into the university.

After the exam(s), I made all my papers including WAEC, NECO and JAMB at the same time.When it was time to go for my Post UTME in FUTO, the unexpected happened. He had an accident which cost his life. When I got the news I was confused, shatter[b][/b]ed, battered and scattered . I don't know where to start. I have putting all my hope on his promises.

To cut the long story short, I quit my school prospects and then embarked on the journey of stewardship under the auspices /aegis of one businessman. As God will have it, am now the new Regional Branch manager of Emmadav Global Link Limited in the suburb part of Abuja metropolis

DETERMINATION IS THE KEY

May the lord bless your handiwork in all your endeavours.

Cc Ishilove
Lalasticlacla

Check my signature...diary of a steward in abuja supermarket
Wooa. God is ready to uplift those who are hardworking. He hates laziness

1 Like

Re: A Brief Life Experienced by BobUg28(m): 12:23am On Jul 05, 2015
Incorruptible:

Wooa. God is ready to uplift those who are hardworking. He hates laziness
You are right comrade.
He never failed me.
Re: A Brief Life Experienced by Seunvense(m): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2015
Wow! This is highly inspiring.
Re: A Brief Life Experienced by stepo707: 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hmmm so good of you guys atleast you shuneed crime and yahoo yahoo and you are still looking healthy and happy.Keep it up guys,am inspired by this

(1) (Reply)

Will Bankers Loose Jobs for Treasury Single Account? / Picture Of Another Military Man Killed By The Boko Haram. / Learn Autocad , Revit Or Orion In 2weeks (as Low As #10,000 for Autocad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.