Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. (18088 Views)

Jonathan: Obama Made It Clear He Wanted Change Of Govt In Nigeria / Buhari, AGF Meet Over Probe Of Govt Officials / 8-Year-Old Children Among Bauchi "Teachers" On Payroll Of Govt. - Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by kromoto: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
are you ppl praying for him ?

cc kromoto

My prayers are always with him. This is the only country we all have.

I won't be like apc nairalanders who were intolerant to GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by donholy28(m): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
But he said 1month. undecided undecided And in the link you provided, I can only see two months. Is it that you bigots just can't wait to see Buhari fail? Why not pray he achieves his aim.
he said he will crush boko haram till the last man among them...now wr does negotiations come in

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by UnknownT: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Omenka, America was negotiating to free a captive not for the terrorists to drop their arms, if Buhari's govt said they are open to negotiation to free the chibok girls or all the people in captive, good and fine. But negotiating to stop fighting i havent heard before

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by hucienda: 11:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Wildrage:
Only fools would be swayed by the hypocritical rationalization of the OP's fluid , unprincipled partisan logic carefully disguised as objectivity. Most of the decisions they ridiculed GEJ for are now considered as imperatives in the fight against the terrorist, yet they won't have the decency to first apologize for their earlier myopic and mischievous standpoint.

Bitter truth.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by AnyibestDede(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
some of you just comment for the sake of commenting undecided

we should be talking about how to end insurgency in Nigeria instead of criticizing. Gej put his effort to end boko haram but couldn't get the job done. and you people were the ones saying boko haram is buhari boys but you guys kept mute when the strike continues after buhari's inauguration.

we all want a stop to terrorism and any step that will guarantee a full stop to it is highly welcome
Why now, why did apc refuse to support gej on this matter instead they fustrate all his efforts. When gej visited chad and niger to help us out, what did apc call him, when he negotiated for cease fire did apc support him? Buhari and apc must crush boko haram or else the blood of those innocent people ll be on their head

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by raayah(f): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
this guy, u too like women. Any woman wey don get picture fr her profile na hin u dey like. Na recently ur dick begin dey function? undecided

Na so u go dey love raayah wey be man because hin put female picture for profile. Bleeping TANioD

I am female

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by GOATandYAMtheory: 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
raayah:

I am female
I can see. lol cheesy you want to set a gay trap for oremussanctus. He could even be gay sef
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
Clear that buhari knows about boko haram all along

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
are u not the Olodo here? Give us a link to where Buhari said he ld crush Boko haram within a month.

This nairaland is becoming tiring because of dick caps like you

Great job, Omenka.
I think you are wrong, you can't negotiate with terrorist who don't know what they want. I want you to answer me these ?s

*What are BH fighting for?

*what should be the basis of negotiation taking into consideration the lives lost?

* Has the FG provided platform for negotiation with BH before and they renege?

* Do you know that ISIS don't negotiate with any govt but wants to create an Islamic state only through VIOLENCE

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
can you please tell us how much gej administration spent to fight boko haram if you with be specific + the loan he took too. thanks smiley

relocating the military HQ to the troubled state isn't an effort ?

do you want the killings of innocent soul to continue? if you are among the ppl that LOST their families and friends, will you say granting them amnesty or negotiating with em isn't a good move ?

you and your group claimed buhari was behind BH to make the govt hard for gej administration, is he also behind BH to make the govt hard for his administration too ?

will be Glad if you can answer me sir smiley
@ bolded, I just finished watching Game of Thrones Season 5, I felt sorry for Jon Snow when Olly stabbed him to death for negotiating with the same people that killed his parents.

I used that example because Nobody forgives anybody that murdered their families.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by GOATandYAMtheory: 2:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I think you are wrong, you can't negotiate with terrorist who don't know what they want. I want you to answer me these ?s

*what should be the basis of negotiation taking into consideration the lives lost?

* Do you know that ISIS don't negotiate with any govt but wants to create an Islamic state only through VIOLENCE
I know where you are going and you have a point, madam ecoterrorist.

But one thing I want you to knw is that Buhari won't negotiate with them even though He said he is ready to. I am sure he is fully aware of the outcome of the fake cease-fire deal once had with those bastards and wouldn't want to negotiate with them. I believe he jst said so to make them consider dropping their arms.

Boko Haram terrorists must not go unpunished. They have no justification for taking thousand of lives in Africa. I am not in full support of negotiating with them but just as you and I know, it can still be an option IF and only IF it is the only thing that can bring an end to these killings. And I am sure it can't be the only way out
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by richidinho(m): 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:
Good morning.

This piece is meant for those of us who happen to be too naïve and ignorant to criticise the current government for saying they are "open to negotiations with Boko Haram".

I read on the thread concerning the subject matter the comments of some members in response HungerBad's comment especially that of Emeritus85 who stated "but Americans don't negotiate with terrorists". The only reason why people think American government doesn't negotiate with terrorists is because Hollywood made them believe they don't, whereas American government in reality might have engaged in negotiations and talks with terrorists, rebel groups and other non-state actors more than any other government on earth.

Just recently, a deal was reached between Washington and the Taliban for the release of a US soldier who's been held in captivity: This isn't Hollywood, this is reality!

Let us go a step further. A couple of years back, Israel, the closest US ally, (so close a US Congressman referred to her as "America's 51st state!"wink agreed to a prisoner swap with Hamas, a group labelled as terrorist group by both countries, that saw to the release of over 1000 Palestinians for 1 Israeli soldier, Gillard Shalit. Though Israel, we agree, is a sovereign state, anyone conversant with her relationship with the US would know the deal wouldn't have been made without some form of nod from Washington: www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2011/10/20111017221258366393.html

At the risk of making the post verbose, I'd like to refer you guys to this link which is a compendium of some of the deals that have been brokered between the US and some violent/terrorist groups : foreignpolicy.com/2014/06/03/the-u-s-does-negotiate-with-terrorists/

The US does negotiate with terrorists when it suits them to do so. The cost of an endless war is too much for a state to bear, hence they are constantly in search of ways to arrive at a peaceful resolution of such situations in the shortest time possible. It is the norm across the world. Nigeria isn't an exception.

In the past, Jonathan's administration had sought out ways of negotiating with Boko Haram, the only problem was that time and again, their negotiations fell through:

Who has forgotten the overtures made by Obasanjo, with approval from the government, at bringing the group to a round table?? These are but incidences that were public knowledge- what about all that happen behind the scenes?

It is only fair that we support this government in finding a lasting solution to this problem which seems to have defied a military approach for too long. We can sit behind out computers and criticise all we want but those who suffer a direct impact of the group's activities, including the families of our fallen heroes, understand the imperatives of solving the crises once and for all (I know some would call me a hypocrite, but I never criticised Jonathan's government's desire to negotiate). We can't shoot or bomb our way out of this situation- if talking can solve the problem, so be it.

Remember, the cost of peace is the price for a war not fought.

Bros but you can only negotiate to release Chibok girls and other people in captivity
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
I know where you are going and you have a point, madam ecoterrorist.

But one thing I want you to knw is that Buhari WON'T negotiate with them even though He said he is ready to. I am sure he is fully aware of the outcome of the fake cease-fire deal once had with those bastards and wouldn't want to negotiate with them. I believe he jst said so to make them consider dropping their arms.

Boko Haram terrorists must not go unpunished. They have no justification for taking thousand of lives in Africa. I am not in full support of negotiating with them but just as you and I know, it can still be an option IF and only IF it is the only thing that can bring an end to these killings. And I am sure it can't be the only way out
@ bolded, I think you are contradicting yourself with the Op, BH need to be destroyed for peace to reign.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by neocortex: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
The op uses straw man argument to bolster his point.
How does US negotiating the release of a soldier equals negotiating to end the conflict.
The OP should know that Taliban and US are still fighting till date , despite the "negotiation".

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by BLOTRS: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
@Omenka, please answer this question sincerely and maturely. if either your brother, sister, mother or father dies as a result of bokoharam, or you loose your two legs to their bombs right now, would you still support negotiation? please reply asap

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by GOATandYAMtheory: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
@ bolded, I think you are contradicting yourself with the Op, BH need to be destroyed for peace to reign.
BH will be destroyed in no time.
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
@ Thread starter.

U don't negociate with boko haram because they are bombing n killing Nigerians everyday. They do not want negociation, they want a Islamic caliphate in Nigeria n they now work with ISIS. please stop talking.nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by asadike(f): 3:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
stop defending evil and call it by its real name-EVIL.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by agarawu23(m): 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
@ bolded, I just finished watching Game of Thrones Season 5, I felt sorry for Jon Snow when Olly stabbed him to death for negotiating with the same people that killed his parents.

I used that example because Nobody forgives anybody that murdered their families.
see your head undecided

you dey use theatre take answer my question. all this barca nista children sef grin
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by sdindan: 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
After negotiating with Bokoharam, then you negotiate with ISIS

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
see your head undecided

you dey use theatre take answer my question. all this barca nista children sef grin
funny guy, happy Ramadan

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by ellabooz(f): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:
Good morning.

This piece is meant for those of us who happen to be too naïve and ignorant to criticise the current government for saying they are "open to negotiations with Boko Haram".

I read on the thread concerning the subject matter the comments of some members in response HungerBad's comment especially that of Emeritus85 who stated "but Americans don't negotiate with terrorists". The only reason why people think American government doesn't negotiate with terrorists is because Hollywood made them believe they don't, whereas American government in reality might have engaged in negotiations and talks with terrorists, rebel groups and other non-state actors more than any other government on earth.

Just recently, a deal was reached between Washington and the Taliban for the release of a US soldier who's been held in captivity: This isn't Hollywood, this is reality!

Let us go a step further. A couple of years back, Israel, the closest US ally, (so close a US Congressman referred to her as "America's 51st state!"wink agreed to a prisoner swap with Hamas, a group labelled as terrorist group by both countries, that saw to the release of over 1000 Palestinians for 1 Israeli soldier, Gillard Shalit. Though Israel, we agree, is a sovereign state, anyone conversant with her relationship with the US would know the deal wouldn't have been made without some form of nod from Washington: www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2011/10/20111017221258366393.html

At the risk of making the post verbose, I'd like to refer you guys to this link which is a compendium of some of the deals that have been brokered between the US and some violent/terrorist groups : foreignpolicy.com/2014/06/03/the-u-s-does-negotiate-with-terrorists/

The US does negotiate with terrorists when it suits them to do so. The cost of an endless war is too much for a state to bear, hence they are constantly in search of ways to arrive at a peaceful resolution of such situations in the shortest time possible. It is the norm across the world. Nigeria isn't an exception.

In the past, Jonathan's administration had sought out ways of negotiating with Boko Haram, the only problem was that time and again, their negotiations fell through:

Who has forgotten the overtures made by Obasanjo, with approval from the government, at bringing the group to a round table?? These are but incidences that were public knowledge- what about all that happen behind the scenes?

It is only fair that we support this government in finding a lasting solution to this problem which seems to have defied a military approach for too long. We can sit behind out computers and criticise all we want but those who suffer a direct impact of the group's activities, including the families of our fallen heroes, understand the imperatives of solving the crises once and for all (I know some would call me a hypocrite, but I never criticised Jonathan's government's desire to negotiate). We can't shoot or bomb our way out of this situation- if talking can solve the problem, so be it.

Remember, the cost of peace is the price for a war not fought.

Cc: Lalasticlala.

What is wrong with you? You take yourself too serious thinking you have gotten some nice positive feat via spewing gibberish on NL.
But I tell you, you are a big looser because the last time checked for the names of youth inaugurated in APC board members, you no where to be found.
Dirty stinking a.s.s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by agarawu23(m): 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
funny guy, happy Ramadan
thanks smiley cool
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by shadowwalker101: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Why shud the feds negotiate with terrorists
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by berrystunn(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
are u not the Olodo here? Give us a link to where Buhari said he ld crush Boko haram within a month.

This nairaland is becoming tiring because of dick caps like you

Great job, Omenka.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=112327
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Savanahtimes: 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
Not good

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by ShowYourCertificate: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
Omenka, the instances you gave was concerning freeing captives not ending terrorism. You don't negotiate with terrorist to end terrorism, its not done.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Bizibi(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

the guy won't answer or he will give a dumb answer with insults

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Savanahtimes: 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
Girl Exposes Private Part While Catching Bouquet At Wedding +18 [SEE PHOTO]

http://www.naijists.com/girl-exposes-private-part-while-catching-bouquet-at-wedding-18-see-photo/
Re: Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
...Ok noted

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Buhari Is Working From Home Only For Today" - Lai Mohammed Clarifies / Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows / Sowore To Sue Channels TV Boss For Excluding Him From Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.