Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki (28162 Views)

Emir Of Kano, Dangote Visit Saraki Today (Photos) / Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / Buhari Meets With The 36 State Chairmen Of APC & That Of FCT (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 04, 2015
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, on Friday met with about 25 states chairmen of the APC who visited him in his office.

They were led by the Chairman of the Kano State chapter of the party, Alhaji Haruna Doguwa.

Details of the meeting were not known but a source close to Saraki confided in one of our correspondents that it was aimed at reconciling aggrieved members.

Doguwa, however, said they visited Saraki to congratulate him and other principal officers on their elections.

Saraki commended the chairmen for their understanding of the current development in the APC and pledged to uphold the party’s supremacy in all his actions.

He said, “Let me assure all of you that I am committed to providing the necessary leadership and commitment to our party in order to ensure the success of the President Buhari’s administration because we have no choice than to succeed.”

Chairmen of the APC from the South-West geopolitical zone were conspicuously absent at the meeting.

Meanwhile, the Senate President said that the 8th Senate is committed to the success of President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress.

Saraki reaffirmed the commitment when the APC chairmen from all the states visited him in Abuja.

A statement by Saraki’s media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu, quoted the senate president as saying, “I want to use this opportunity to assure you of our cooperation with the executive led by President Muhammadu Buhari, with the party and its members across the country. I want to reassure you that all of us, APC senators, are committed to ensuring that the party is successful so that we can continue to win elections for many years after because of the foundation we are laying.

“It is now our responsibility to pay back so that Nigerians could sit back and say that our efforts were not in vain and that those we elected made this party proud and made this country great.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/25-apc-state-chairmen-visit-saraki/

28 APC State Chairmen Pay Homage to Saraki…
Twenty-eight APC state chairmen Friday visited the Senate President to pledge their solidarity with him and as well congratulate him on his emergence.

However, all the six chairmen of the six South-west states stayed away from the meeting.

The chairmen said they had come to pay homage to Saraki for attending the NEC meeting of the APC held in Abuja yesterday and enjoined him to uphold supremacy of the party in all that he does.

The chairmen said: "We have come to congratulate APC senators especially on your election as Senate President and for attending the NEC meeting today. The meeting was peaceful. We have shamed our detractors. You are a politician par excellence. We know you. You are a mobiliser. We want you to use your good office to build our party so that APC can rule for 100 years. We implore you to uphold the supremacy of our party. God will grant you good health and energy to carry the party along."

Responding, Saraki who thanked the party chairmen for the visit told them that he was just returning from a meeting with APC governors.

According to him, the outcome of the meeting was peaceful as he assured them that he would be close to the party and as well ensure that the government of APC meets the yearnings and expectations of Nigerians.

"I want to report peace over the meeting we held. Thank you for your visit in this number. I also want to congratulate all of us on our victory in the last elections. I assure you that we are committed to the party. We will work hard because we worked hard for the elections. We will live up to the expectations of Nigerians and those of you who have hope in us; we'll make you proud in 8th Senate.

"I want to assure you of my close relationship with the party. I assure you that our doors are open. I will not abandon the party. I will be close to it. We will see what we can do for the party. As we all worked hard for APC's successful elections, we will continue to work hard so that we can continue to win elections in the years and years to come.

"I thank all of you for your commitment to elections even when it was gloomy. For all you did, it is time to pay you back. We'll make this country great. We have no option. President Muhammadu Buhari must succeed. There is no option. He will succeed," he said
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apcs-warring-lawmakers-begin-serious-dialogue/213826/
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Allem(m): 6:28am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 04, 2015
They acted to the order of jagaban

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Firefire(m): 6:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Bunch of losers... cheesy grin

Oro awon Aagba, bi o ba se lowuro,odi dandan ko se lo jo aale.

This one is even coming to reality so early.

When the elders in Yoruba land said "Yorubas" in my attachment below, they meant those that did not attend the meeting mentioned above (SW APC State Chairmen)... tongue

86 Likes 14 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by omenka(m): 6:52am On Jul 04, 2015
I really feel bad for what Saraki and Dogara have done to Tinubu. The only thing that man didn't give to have APC stand where it is today was his life and it is only fair that he be given a very good spot to hang his hat.

Tinubu could, by way of vengeance, single handedly ensure APC doesn't return in 2019. If history has taught us anything, it taught us NEVER to underestimate the power and reach of that man.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:
I really feel bad for what Saraki and Dogara have done to Tinubu. The only thing that man didn't give to have APC stand where it is today was his life and it is only fair that he be given a very good spot to hang his hat.

Tinubu could, by way of vengeance, single handedly ensure APC doesn't return in 2019. If history has taught us anything, it taught us NEVER to underestimate the power and reach of that man.
Lamentation 100 vs 1000

173 Likes 19 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by hucienda: 7:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Seems Saraki has been accepted by the APC hierarchy except Tinubu.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by lurther: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2015
Taaaaaa! North has power now! You think say na Goodluck be president?

Just watch how history confines your god to its dustbin.
omenka:

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 04, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by ki02020(m): 7:24am On Jul 04, 2015
Firefire:
Bunch of losers... cheesy grin

No they are not....they are men of DIGNITY cool

13 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Trut(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:

Lamentation grin

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 04, 2015
omenka:

Unfortunately for him he dosent have such a power. He has even made his SW political zone as orphans. They better dump him now or they will lose completely. The way it is the SS/SE is even a stronger political block than his SW region.

OBJ also did same to IBB,Don't forget

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by rozayx5(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Lamentation 100 vs 1000

saraki has schooled tinubu ane exposed him as a local champion grin

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2015
Southwest politicians all crying like baby. Come on guys, chin up n man the terrain. It must not always go your way. You tore Gej's umbrella, now yu want to scatter buhari's broom. Please stop portraying yorubas as tribalist or ethnic bigots. Accept d new apc reality.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 04, 2015
rozayx5:

saraki has schooled tinubu ane exposed him as a local champion grin

grin grin grin Tinubu now know the difference between local and national politics

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by omenka(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Unfortunately for him he dosent have such a power. He has even made his SW political zone as orphans. They better dump him now or they will lose completely. The way it is the SS/SE is even a stronger political block than his SW region.

OBJ also did same to IBB,Don't forget
Remember when you guys said Obj is powerless?? Where are those who said so today??

Only time will tell.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Franzeez(m): 8:32am On Jul 04, 2015
When the SW were busy forming allegiance with the North, they forgot to Fear North!

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Neduzze5(m): 8:36am On Jul 04, 2015
Chai! Chai!! Chai!!!

There's God ooh!!

For the umpteenth time, the Yorobbers led by Tinubu and his minions have been "magaed" by the North!

When will dey ever learn?

Chai! Chai!! Chai!!!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Forzap: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
APC don Dey scatter.....#Godwin grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
War against Saraki.

The Yoruba's made a gamble that is not paying them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by oismail(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
The Jagaban of Lagos island thought FG is like Lasgidi or some parts in SW.
Lesson learnt;
No matter how powerful you are, there's someone out there who's more powerful than you think you are.
Note;
APC who's a conglomerate of diff parties will definitely have issues like this cux each party that came together has their different leaders and strong men and they will want their 'party' to have a lead in the new party of which the positions are limited within, therefore conflict/misunderstanding will be the order of the day
Verdict;
I smell disunity, impeachment and breakups

17 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
Leave Them Nau
Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by thefakestan: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Let dem continue

2 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by carzola(m): 8:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Ozin:

grin grin grin Tinubu now know the difference between local and national politics
Is tinubu educated? this is not market women politics the kind his mother taught him....

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by myklangelo(m): 8:38am On Jul 04, 2015
A good evil development.
Let them fractionalize.
Where thieves gather cracks must start to appear.
But foremost is that the sanctity of our nationhood should be protected.

The blog that discusses, politics, literature, sports, entertainment, science, proverbs nd tutorials all in the Igbo language. Giving massive international presence to Igbo Language.promote www.odeniigbo..com

4 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by mencade5(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
saraki the slayer of opolo eyes.

saraki the genius, teaching opolo eyes how to play nigerian politics.

saraki one of the wisest politicians in this country.

saraki good morning my mentor.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Hadone(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
ABSENT OR PRESENT, SARAKI IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

12 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
The southwest feel cheated that is the reason for their absence, this collabo is not working I thought they insult us call us fool the southeast and southsouth for not supporting buhari in Obj voice I de laugh

17 Likes

Re: SW APC State Chairmen Absent As 28 State Party Chairs Visit Saraki by wisefizz(m): 8:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governors Ugwuanyi And Umahi Attend Mbaka's Adoration Harvest Service (Photos) / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election / President Buhari Campaigns In Yobe State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.