Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? (2816 Views)

How To Bypass FRP Lock On Any Samsung Device / How To Remove Frp {factory Reset Protection} On All Samsung Device / How To Know If Your Phone Is an MTK device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by romeoetin(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2015
Hey guys, I need your advice. am still contemplating if I should go for a Samsung device or a tecno or infinix MTK device. I have always been a fan of Samsung galaxy devices. I love the UI, their sleekness and everything about them but the thing is that I can't tweak imei with them. On the other hand I love MTK devices cos I can easily tweak and enjoy bb subscription on them or MTN data giveaways. "Love Samsung devices cos of their features and also love MTK devices cos I can tweak them". which do you guys think I should go for? Help please
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by robinicule(m): 8:15am On Jul 04, 2015
whatever u do, dont buy tecno

6 Likes

Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by romeoetin(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2015
robinicule:
please can you expatiate on your reason?
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by robinicule(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2015
tecno, dy av so many whack fones dat wil cofuse u on wich wan 2 buy....u hav d money get samsung wit gud ba3 - which i thnk is hard to find or rather get infinix, its a france company

1 Like

Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by BluePearls(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2015
Tough choice to make. Samsung devices are solid and mtk devices are still trying to find their mark, but they are seriously working hard on it and with time they will catch up. So many mtk devices out there which can compete with the big names and can also give you more freedom. I use a Infinix Hote Note currently, so far the experience has been on a average level. My point is they all have their pros and cons, choice boils down to your needs and means.
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by bedfordng(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2015
it depends on what you want.guess many people are now buying mtk device because of the imei tweaking of a thing.i must say, they are one of those device you can tweak easily.it all depends on what you need from the device.there are some tecno device that are strong, while some are wack.you may end up purchasing tecno device you don't intend buying because so many of them in the market will get your attention especially when you don't have any in mind.also as for the samsung, guess you have a reason to go for it other than the imei tweaking of a thing
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
I use a motorola moto x as my main phone while I also have an huawei mtk phone I use for tweaking. Got the huawei for 2k from a phone engineer.
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by mikron(m): 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
robinicule:
and what is wrong with tecno?
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Akamo5(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
romeoetin:
Hey guys, I need your advice. am still contemplating if I should go for a Samsung device or a tecno or infinix MTK device. I have always been a fan of Samsung galaxy devices. I love the UI, their sleekness and everything about them but the thing is that I can't tweak imei with them. On the other hand I love MTK devices cos I can easily tweak and enjoy bb subscription on them or MTN data giveaways. "Love Samsung devices cos of their features and also love MTK devices cos I can tweak them". which do you guys think I should go for? Help please
guy go for infinix zero2... u will never regret buying it
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Floridax(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
look dude... go for phantom z or phantom z mini.... there are better tecno out there.... h6. m6. p6. f7. j7. h7. l7. l6... and all of them are great.... me i use h6, and so far it has been amazing, super fast in browsing and downloading....hd games run super smooth on it... and almost every thing has been tweeked on it... no problem..... pls stop listening to all those mtk haters... go for tecno or injoo..... or geonee
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Floridax(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
as for infinix... their battery is not strong.... and those of u who said infinx is france phone.. let me tell u.... the gpu and processor is made in China (Mediatek company is base in China) only the body is produced by France... so stop deceiving your self that infinix is different from tecno..they are all the same.... both geonee... injoo.... infinix... lenovo... Huwie.... tecno.... xolo..... and more to come..... and the are all great
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by realone18(m): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Floridax:
as for infinix... their battery is not strong.... and those of u who said infinx is france phone.. let me tell u.... the gpu and processor is made in China (Mediatek company is base in China) only the body is produced by France... so stop deceiving your self that infinix is different from tecno..they are all the same.... both geonee... injoo.... infinix... lenovo... Huwie.... tecno.... xolo..... and more to come..... and the are all great
Infinix phones is not strong ke? Bruh, please have you tried Infinix Hot Note and note pro? Those are 4000maH phones. Don't make it look like Infinix is wack or something like that, u like Tecno and that's why yu're sticking to it. iHN and iHNpro rocks, even Zero2.
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by romeoetin(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
The thing is that I have being using Samsung devices and have come to be addicted to dem. but dey are so stiff. you can't tweak, you can easily root and so many more but still I don't wanna stop using them. on the other hand I want to start tweaking for those data freebies and glo bb sub. SO CONFUSED
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
romeoetin:
The thing is that I have being using Samsung devices and have come to be addicted to dem. but dey are so stiff. you can't tweak, you can easily root and so many more but still I don't wanna stop using them. on the other hand I want to start tweaking for those data freebies and glo bb sub. SO CONFUSED
No kill urself with confusion on top fone matter b4 e turn to depression. Buy a used mtk fone,even if d screen is cracked but with d touch working for tweaking. Anything b/w 3-4k and use d rest cash to buy ur samsung
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by romeoetin(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
idokojerry:

No kill urself with confusion on top fone matter b4 e turn to depression. Buy a used mtk fone,even if d screen is cracked but with d touch working for tweaking. Anything b/w 3-4k and use d rest cash to buy ur samsung
sounding nice. will look into that smiley
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by chrisley024(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Get htc phone. You can tweak the imei
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Floridax(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
hey my guy.. nor talk go zero 2 at all ...zero wen de over heat like mad... causing heavy battery drain ....but u sure say note pro battery de strong?....cuz i de plan to buy note pro before but i de fear their battery... cuz of watin... infinix zero do me
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Darvel(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2015
Pls can simple server work on samsung galaxy s3
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by romeoetin(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Darvel:
Pls can simple server work on samsung galaxy s3
i think it should but dunno how it's does.
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Actually it depends on your pocket, mtk or non mtk, the fact is they all offer you same services, But I prefer mtk. because it's highly customizable and flexible, for example you can use an mtk android and tweak to use bis plans on it or you could choose a non mtk device and subscribe 300mb for 2000 and may last u a week if you're a heavy internet user, non mtk phones might give u a higher social status cos people view it as ultimate, But as a tweaker I'll stick with mtk till the end of times.
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Kindycute:
Actually it depends on your pocket, mtk or non mtk, the fact is they all offer you same services, But I prefer mtk. because it's highly customizable and flexible, for example you can use an mtk android and tweak to use bis plans on it or you could choose a non mtk device and subscribe 300mb for 2000 and may last u a week if you're a heavy internet user, non mtk phones might give u a higher social status cos people view it as ultimate, But as a tweaker I'll stick with mtk till the end of times.
What I like most about Non-mtk phones is the fact that most of their hardware are designed to accept and handle future software upgrades e.g Samsung S4,Note 2,LG G2,HTC M7,motorola moto x 2013 all running lollipop. These were mates of Tecno N3,Gionee P2 etc which even a 10year old might reject as a gift whereby the Non-Mtk are still in demand.
For me I use both and I bet u, am getting d best out of both worlds. Non-Mtk are customizable plus simple server works flawlessly and don't forget ,data is getting cheaper gradually
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
romeoetin:

You can tweak samsung imei.
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by sats: 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
MTK all the way, i have an mtk tablet and its awesome, from battery to performance to tweaking ... no issues at all
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by eddyland: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
Follow this nice guide in buying android phones http://highteknology..com/2015/06/android-phone-buying-guide.html
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by romeoetin(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
ollah1:

how please?
Re: Should I Buy A Samsung Device Or An Mtk Device? by Kingmanny88(m): 6:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
ollah1:

Hello. Can you kindly tell me how to go about tweaking the IMEI of my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime?
Many thanks.

(1) (Reply)

See What MTN Nigeria Sent My Friend As Prestigious Award / SOLD!!! Iphone X At #395,000 (Now going for #370,000). Kindly Call 08027320827 / Meet The Samsung Galaxy A30s And A50s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.