Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,602 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres (10894 Views)

AFCON 2017 Preview: A Look At The 4 Match Venues / Parade Truck Used By Enugu Rangers During NPFL Trophy Display / Nest Of Champion Host First Npfl Match: Akwa United Vs Nasarawa United 2-0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by horlakunle25(m): 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
So bad a whole lagos can nt boast of a team dat play in NPFL!! Chai! I miss my darling shooting stars of ibadan!! Every time 3sc hv a home match always be like xmas day 4 me! Am always so happy to watch dem play!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by tgmservice: 1:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hmmm this article frontpage
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by RJayson(m): 1:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
almajirimallam:
I BLAME BUHARI... He has no plan for Nigerian sports. Imagine our male and female football team crashed out of all competitions when he assumed office.
lol, how's that his fault man.
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by signz: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
I was shocked to see the crowd that came to watch Enugu Rangers Vs Kano Pillars on wednesday in Nnamdi Azikiwe stadium enugu shocked.
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by obayaya(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nigerian League sides have always had mad followership - Enyimba, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Rangers, Shooting stars and Ifeanyi Uba of Recently.

Nigerians love the game of soccer so much that individuals used to sponsor "street monkey post matches" in my neighborhood back in the days. The only thing the league needs is to find a way of translating this love to matchday attendance.

And I have this few suggestions.

* Restructuring the League Clubs: Most League sides are sponsored by state governments. I don't think this is a good thing for our football considering the Nigerian Economic situation and the Cash crunch. A good alternative is privatizing the clubs and limiting Government contribution to the clubs to just Stadium Ownership. Which can be translated to shares when the clubs gets it right and start making profits. Effectively becoming a source of IGR to the government.

Security and Stadium Maintenance: Watching soccer on Saturday can be a more fulfilling outing than going to KFC. But tell me, How will you convince someone to take his family to a stadium that's reputed to being a den of Hemp smokers. A stadium where the probability of getting robbed is very close to 1? Or a stadium where a green snake could be sleeping patiently under your seat. Maintain the stadiums and improve security and watch people troop out to the stadiums on weekends.

Improved Broadcasting: It is easier to spot a Kenyan League match on supersports than Nigerian League. The League federation should reach a deal with Multichoice and other Tv stations to broadcast Nigerian league matches. Nigerian League matches have better quality both in terms of play and facilities compared to Kenya league. And Considering that Nigeria is multichoice's biggest market, I don't see a reason why the NFL shouldn't have a dedicated channel. Ditto to Nigerian brands like Startimes and Consat.

Better Sponsorship Deal. Glo have been the official Sponsor of the NPL for as long as I can remember. I think the NFL should look for more ways of attracting additional sponsorship and increasing the price money of playing or winning the league. This will make the league more profitable for seasoned businessmen like dangote to invest in rather than thinking of buying Arsenal (yinmu)

Transparency: The world of football is filled with corruption and Nigeria is not an exception. In fact, the Corruption in the Glass house is mind boggling. I think the Nigerian football needs to be more transparent. Transparency will attract investors and give people confidence in the system.

Last Bullet: I'm dreaming of the day Rangers, Enyimba, Dolphins and their likes will announce that her Matchday tickets sold out.
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by bustageek: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
obayaya:
Nigerian League sides have always had mad followership - Enyimba, Kano Pillars, Warri Wolves, Rangers, Shooting stars and Ifeanyi Uba of Recently.

Nigerians love the game of soccer so much that individuals used to sponsor "street monkey post matches" in my neighborhood back in the days. The only thing the league needs is to find a way of translating this love to matchday attendance.

And I have this few suggestions.

* Restructuring the League Clubs: Most League sides are sponsored by state governments. I don't think this is a good thing for our football considering the Nigerian Economic situation and the Cash crunch. A good alternative is privatizing the clubs and limiting Government contribution to the clubs to just Stadium Ownership. Which can be translated to shares when the clubs gets it right and start making profits. Effectively becoming a source of IGR to the government.

Security and Stadium Maintenance: Watching soccer on Saturday can be a more fulfilling outing than going to KFC. But tell me, How will you convince someone to take his family to a stadium that's reputed to being a den of Hemp smokers. A stadium where the probability of getting robbed is very close to 1? Or a stadium where a green snake could be sleeping patiently under your seat. Maintain the stadiums and improve security and watch people troop out to the stadiums on weekends.

Improved Broadcasting: It is easier to spot a Kenyan League match on supersports than Nigerian League. The League federation should reach a deal with Multichoice and other Tv stations to broadcast Nigerian league matches. Nigerian League matches have better quality both in terms of play and facilities compared to Kenya league. And Considering that Nigeria is multichoice's biggest market, I don't see a reason why the NFL shouldn't have a dedicated channel. Ditto to Nigerian brands like Startimes and Consat.

Better Sponsorship Deal. Glo have been the official Sponsor of the NPL for as long as I can remember. I think the NFL should look for more ways of attracting additional sponsorship and increasing the price money of playing or winning the league. This will make the league more profitable for seasoned businessmen like dangote to invest in rather than thinking of buying Arsenal (yinmu)

Transparency: The world of football is filled with corruption and Nigeria is not an exception. In fact, the Corruption in the Glass house is mind boggling. I think the Nigerian football needs to be more transparent. Transparency will attract investors and give people confidence in the system.

Last Bullet: I'm dreaming of the day Rangers, Enyimba, Dolphins and their likes will announce that her Matchday tickets sold out.
Tickets were sold out for the game between 3sc and Enyimba.
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by donfiazo(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
We represent Warri Wolves FC...let's support our own

1 Like

Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by obayaya(m): 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
bustageek:
Tickets were sold out for the game between 3sc and Enyimba.

That's a good start..

We want such attendance in virtually all the match venues..

it can only get better though
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by Emmanuel602(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Our league is improving. Gone are the days when an away win is like wining the league. Now you record at least an away win every day
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by Ajibel(m): 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
#SupportTheNPFL
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by adigunomomama(m): 4:12am On Jul 05, 2015
#NPFL
Kwara utd vs Lobi star
venue: Ilorin township stadium, Ilorin, kwara state
date: 21-06-2015
the match ended 1-1.

Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by taiocol: 10:04am On Jul 05, 2015
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by Empredboy(m): 8:51am On Jul 18, 2015
It's well
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by Empredboy(m): 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
Soon we all will support naija league
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by tck2000(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Npfl
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by Emmanuel602(m): 11:41am On Jun 10, 2019
But mehn a lot still needs to be done, especially on that pitch that hosted the friendly match between our super eagles and the Zimbabwean national team. That pitch I in complete sham
Re: NPFL Match Venues Now Family Recreation Centres by tck2000(m): 9:58am On Aug 26, 2019
a lot still need to be done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Returns From Continental Gymnastics Championship Due To Lack Of Fund / John Ogu Recounts His Mother's Health Challenges (Photos) / EFL Cup: How Nigerian Players Fared For Their Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.