Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,900 members, 7,799,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! (1778 Views)

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / Church Approves Religious Weddings For Gay Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2015
Oh! Apologies to all the anti-Catholics that jumped on this thread to satisfy their urge to bash Catholicism.

I found out is actually you Protestants that approved gay marriage.

What else can we expect from Protestantism - a house built on sand.

Apologies to the Catholics that were scandalized by the title. Have no fear. The Catholic Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. It cannot teach heresy.

grin

See (shortened) story below:

Episcopalians (Anglicans) voted overwhelmingly this week to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples. The Episcopal Church has long been on the forefront of equal rights for homosexuals, ever since electing it first openly gay bishop 10 years ago. 

Episcopalians voted overwhelmingly this week to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples.

The vote came in Salt Lake City at the Episcopal General Convention shortly after the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage. The House of Bishops approved the resolution earlier this week by 129-26 with five abstaining.

A lesbian married to a fellow Episcopal priest, the Rev. Bonnie Perry of Chicago joyously declared, "We're all included now."

"For the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in our congregations now know under the eyes of God and in every single state in this blessed country, they are welcome to receive all the sacraments," she said.

The ruling eliminates gender-specific language from church laws on marriage in order for same-sex couples could have religious weddings. In lieu of "husband" and "wife," for example, the new church law will refer to "the couple."

However - in a stipulation that may have profound reverberations among similar churches -- clergy can decline to perform the ceremonies. The changes were approved 173-27. The deputies also approved a gender-neutral prayer service for marriage on a 184-23 vote, according to AP.

http://www.catholic.org/news/national/story.php?id=61705

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by jnrbayano(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2015
Hunter hunted..

Italo, you are not well. grin
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2015
jnrbayano:
Hunter hunted..

Italo, you are not well. grin

The hunters are reading and disappearing into the thick forest...disappointed and scared to talk.

grin

4 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by Zonacom(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
I am a Catholic but my heart bleeds whenever i see stuff like this- infighting among Christians. You should be ashamed ofyourself italo

2 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by menesheh(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2015
They have no other option
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
Zonacom:
I am a Catholic but my heart bleeds whenever i see stuff like this- infighting among Christians. You should be ashamed ofyourself italo
'Ashamed of myself' for pointing out that Protestantism is a house built on sand and that Protestants approved "gay marriage" ceremonies in "church?"

Matt7:26 - And every one that heareth these my words, and doth them not, shall be like a foolish man that built his house upon the sand.

Jesus was not ashamed of himself, brother. Neither was he engaging in infighting.

The New Testament is full of examples of the apostles calling out heretics and false teachers and condemning their heresy.

I have a lot to say to you...but let me not be as uncharitable as you were to me.

3 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by angieberry(f): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
False prophets, all of them! Are they blind? Don't they read the Bible? Why would they do this? Smh!
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by SalC: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Lol italo take time o. Though having known your writing style, I knew the content will end up the other way round. smiley
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by plaetton: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
Lol.

At the same time, this only goes a long way to show that religion, christianity especially, is only a social engineering platform.
The Catholic church, being the motherchurch, is much more mature and suave in the age old craft.

2 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
SalC:
Lol italo take time o. Though having known your writing style, I knew the content will end up the other way round. smiley

Lol...
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
plaetton:
Lol.

At the same time, this only goes a long way to show that religion, christianity especially, is only a social engineering platform.
The Catholic church, being the motherchurch, is much more mature and suave in the age old craft.

The Catholic Church is not the "mother Church" as if it gave birth to other 'children churches.'

The Catholic Church is the ONE TRUE CHURCH.

What you described above is probably true with false religions, not the true religion.
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2015
i was scared at first. i know the catholic church wouldnt approve of that. though i know pope benedict is trying to show compassion on all.
May the holy virgin and all the saints be with all catholics.
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by Mrlouis: 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
@italo..Next time, when you create such foolish and argument-seeking thread with no value whatsoever just pm me, I will come around to make the thread hot.. Do not forget, I was once blind like you are (a Catholic) but now I know better..
PS: it's an old thread anyway
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 7:41am On Mar 17, 2017
Mrlouis:
@italo..Next time, when you create such foolish and argument-seeking thread with no value whatsoever just pm me, I will come around to make the thread hot.. Do not forget, I was once blind like you are (a Catholic) but now I know better..
PS: it's an old thread anyway

You're too irrelevant for me to pm you.

Let me be blind like St. Mother Teresa...St. John Paul...St. Maximillian Kolbe etc.

I dont want to know better like you...or Apostle Suleiman...or Pastor Biodun COZA.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by Mrlouis: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2017
italo:

You're too irrelevant for me to pm you.

Let me be blind like St. Mother Teresa...St. John Paul...St. Maximillian Kolbe etc.

I dont want to know better like you...or Apostle Suleiman...or Pastor Biodun COZA.

Thank you.
If you aren't a coward when next u seek replies (which you already know), just lemme know I'll come around and remind you and your white-wearing goons..

Last time, you created a thread and you were defeated
https://www.nairaland.com/1503616/please-there-anything-like-purgatory/
And you ran away with your tail in between your legs..
Try to study the catholic doctrine when next u seek attention so as to stay longer on the thread cos in the end u'll always run away like you do.
Perhaps this write up may be a clarion call for you to create another one, well there is no blaming you, u might just be more jobless than I thought.
Now run along boy and beat it
Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by Niflheim(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2017
The Catholic Church has members who do not approve of gay marriage and yet "f.uck altar boys" in the middle of the night?!!! What dung!!! They are nothing more than "hypocrites, whose lips are filled with hippo s.hit!!!

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 8:28pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mrlouis:

If you aren't a coward when next u seek replies (which you already know), just lemme know I'll come around and remind you and your white-wearing goons..

Last time, you created a thread and you were defeated
https://www.nairaland.com/1503616/please-there-anything-like-purgatory/
And you ran away with your tail in between your legs..
Try to study the catholic doctrine when next u seek attention so as to stay longer on the thread cos in the end u'll always run away like you do.
Perhaps this write up may be a clarion call for you to create another one, well there is no blaming you, u might just be more jobless than I thought.
Now run along boy and beat it

Yes I'm a coward. Yes I ran away with my tail between my legs.

Let me be a coward like St. Thomas More...and St. Charles Lwanga...and St. Valentine...

I dont want to be courageous and strong like you...and Rev. King...and Apostle Suleiman.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by italo: 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
Niflheim:
The Catholic Church has members who do not approve of gay marriage and yet "f.uck altar boys" in the middle of the night?!!! What dung!!! They are nothing more than "hypocrites, whose lips are filled with hippo s.hit!!!

Yes, any Catholic who pretends to be what they are not is being hypocritical.

There are hypocrites in every sphere of life...catholic or non-catholic.

But the Catholic Church teaches that marriage is between one man and one woman. Period.

3 Likes

Re: What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! by ApenaEde: 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
This is to divert us from d Pentecostal pu..y lickin. Sule

(1) (Reply)

African Muslims, Are You Aware Of These Writings And History? / Making Maximum Impact In Ministry.( / COZA Pastor’s Reply To Man Who Questioned His Dubai Birthday Party.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.