₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,992,490 members, 4,203,440 topics. Date: Monday, 23 April 2018 at 12:07 PM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (227742 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (116) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1760: 2:38pm On Mar 14
Hello guys, I've read the pages and I have few commenta

Don't use agents,learn to fill it all by yourself

If you have any challenge, use the Internet you'll find answer

If you filled in for academic module instead of general training,you'll need to pay extra 17k or so to rectify it

Tip about reading

For listening

Answer questions as simple as possible turn the speaking to a chat

When I did the exam I was asked who is my favorite person. I would have been thinking Obama or wole soyinka

I just went for something simple and what I'm familiar with

I choose ronaldo..I said so maNY good things about him,I talked about his achievement accolade record breaking dedication determination to succeed etc. You need to be prepared for all types of questions

I was asked to talk about what I like doing

I just thought of my childhood

Summery is look for something close to you that you do everyday and relate with it

Do not give one one answer

Always try and elaborate on what you're asked

I was asked do I like mirror too, why do I like it and the likes.

It was my easiest

For writing, I got a low mark there though but if you're good at writing letters in secondary school you can be better , also you need tof follow the guidelines you're asked

For listening and reading

There are many online test that you can learn from

Watch YouTube video

Also in the comprehension,[where you match heading with topic I read online that the main idea is always in the 1st two sentence of the paragraph or the last sentence. I read never you try to read the whole passage. My challenge has always been true false not give option though

I'll be writing another this month though

But people asking for books

Go to google.com

Type practice test for ielts

You'll see different resources that can help you

Also for listening

you have to pay 10000%attention when listening

You know you won't hear the recording again

But all the best

My 2 cent

7 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bujebudanu1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 14
1760:

If you filled in for academic module instead of general training,you'll need to pay extra 17k or so to rectify it

Tip about reading

For listening

When I did the exam I was asked who is my favorite person. I would have been thinking Obama or wole soyinka

I choose ronaldo..I said so maNY good things about him,I talked about his achievement accolade record breaking dedication determination to succeed etc. You need to be prepared for all types of questions

Summery is look for something close to you that you do everyday and relate with it

It was my easiest

For writing, I got a low mark there though but if you're good at writing letters in secondary school you can be better , also you need tof follow the guidelines you're asked

Watch YouTube video

Also in the comprehension,[where you match heading with topic I read online that the main idea is always in the 1st two sentence of the paragraph or the last sentence. I read never you try to read the whole passage. My challenge has always been true false not give option though

Go to google.com

Also for listening

But all the best

My 2 cent

Pls what is the difference between the general and academic test.
In term of the usage

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shams040(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14
Please when can I get my certificate in Lagos office
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1760: 7:33pm On Mar 14
bujebudanu1:

Pls what is the difference between the general and academic test.
In term of the usage

Academic testing is for anything schooling, while general testing is for other purpose including but not limited to immigration

General testing evaluate your day to day communication in English language

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Womenrep(f): 2:39am On Mar 15
1760:

Tip about reading

For listening

It was my easiest

Watch YouTube video

Go to google.com

Also for listening

But all the best

My 2 cent

Quite a detailed information. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by fizzile(m): 12:23am On Mar 17
The second time i wrote ielts was in January and my score was LRWS: 7.5...7.5...8.0...8.5... but for the immigration purpose, i need atleast 8.0 in listening hence i have registered for another test which i will be writing on 24th of March.
All the best to those who will write that day too.
Godwilling i will come back and testify.

3 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Ayodejibaba: 3:34am On Mar 17
Hello house, pls can I write the ielts exam somewhere else apart from the British council. D closest available test date with bc is may and dat means I will pay 75k. But I still got a slot for april in mod test centre where I can pay 68k
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by jossy26: 4:47am On Mar 17
--
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by DboyizGood(m): 9:22am On Mar 17
MOD uses loud speakers for the listening test. I don't know if that has changed now.

But it affected my listening test when I wrote on 10/02/2018.

But my result for 3/3/2018 with BC is 8.5, 9. 7. 7 LRWS respectively.

So anyone considering using MOD should just prepare very well and stay sharp for the listening.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by msenne: 9:43am On Mar 17
Hello everyone, I need a huge favour from you. I am preparing for IELTS and I need materials. I wrote the last year but my score was L7S7W7R6.5. I need to rewrite it.

Please help a sister.

Thanks.
Email: ebnwangwu@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by sutelk: 12:04pm On Mar 17
DboyizGood:
MOD uses loud speakers for the listening test. I don't know if that has changed now.

So anyone considering using MOD should just prepare very well and stay sharp for the listening.

Thank you
I've been hearing so much bad stuff about this "mod centres" Please what/where are mod centres. I scheduled to take general in calabar April 7. Hope its not one of the mod centres?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by TFeminist: 2:05pm On Mar 17

They are online oh. If u really need it, drop ur e-mail addy.
ccechikezie@gmail.com

Thanks alot
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Ayohbk(m): 12:09am On Mar 18
Please I want to ask if I can use IELTS general testing for Academic purpose too
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by mumayo: 6:47am On Mar 18
Ayohbk:
Please I want to ask if I can use IELTS general testing for Academic purpose too
No, you can't
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Ayohbk(m): 7:42am On Mar 18
mumayo:
No, you can't

Ok..... Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by sutelk: 9:26am On Mar 18
Question for those who have taken IELTS in the past. I understand wrist watches are not allowed into the exam hall, my question is are there clocks in the exam hall or some sort of timers? If not how do you time yourself during the exams?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1760: 12:42pm On Mar 18
sutelk:
Question for those who have taken IELTS in the past. I understand wrist watches are not allowed into the exam hall, my question is are there clocks in the exam hall or some sort of timers? If not how do you time yourself during the exams?

There's a digital wall clock at the centre
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1760: 12:43pm On Mar 18
msenne:
Hello everyone, I need a huge favour from you. I am preparing for IELTS and I need materials. I wrote the last year but my score was L7S7W7R6.5. I need to rewrite it.

Please help a sister.

Thanks.
Email: ebnwangwu@gmail.com

Go online there are a lot of materials at your disposal

Search on Google
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bebebella(f): 7:36pm On Mar 19
DboyizGood:

Thank you

Pls what is the meaning nof MOD
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bebebella(f): 7:52pm On Mar 19
For those who have written: Pls has any1 used couriers to send bank draft and copy of international passport to their British council office and it was received and received confirmation email from British council office?? Pls I need answer.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bebebella(f): 7:54pm On Mar 19
Pls is der any1 here who wants to write GT 21 of April in Benin test center?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Naijamate: 6:50am On Mar 20
I need a study mate , is there anyone who want to write on 26 of April Ibadan center , pls indicate
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Bbyyo: 7:59am On Mar 20
guys send me more materials on ielts
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by van909: 3:44pm On Mar 20
Hello, please what's the price for PTE registration.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stunning4real: 8:37am On Mar 21
DboyizGood:

Thank you
MOD now uses headset not loud speakers again. They started using headset in March 3rd

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stunning4real: 8:39am On Mar 21
sutelk:
Clock is always made available at the centre, You will only go into the test room with your Identification card
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stunning4real: 8:48am On Mar 21
Ayodejibaba:
Hello house, pls can I write the ielts exam somewhere else apart from the British council. D closest available test date with bc is may and dat means I will pay 75k. But I still got a slot for april in mod test centre where I can pay 68k
register with MOD IELTS
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stunning4real: 8:49am On Mar 21
fizzile:
The second time i wrote ielts was in January and my score was LRWS: 7.5...7.5...8.0...8.5... but for the immigration purpose, i need atleast 8.0 in listening hence i have registered for another test which i will be writing on 24th of March.
All the best to those who will write that day too.
Godwilling i will come back and testify.
Amen. WISH U SUCCESS
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ennygal: 9:15am On Mar 21
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1760: 1:10am On Mar 22
Bebebella:
For those who have written: Pls has any1 used couriers to send bank draft and copy of international passport to their British council office and it was received and received confirmation email from British council office?? Pls I need answer.

I'll advise you spare time visit their office or send someone to clarify

I don't think they have time for that, I may be wrong though.

If you present a bank draft you'll get a receipt instantly

I pray your bankle draft isn't lost in transit ,go to any of their office and sort it out in person

My advise
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by IamtrulyBlessed: 10:05am On Mar 22
sutelk:

I've been hearing so much bad stuff about this "mod centres" Please what/where are mod centres. I scheduled to take general in calabar April 7. Hope its not one of the mod centres?

There's nothing bad with MOD, they're using brand new headphones now. In my opinion they're as good as BC if not better because of their excellent customer service.
I took my IELTS exam at their centre on 03 March 2018 and got my desired overall score of 8.0 (L - 8.0, R - 8.5, W - 7.0, S - 7.5).

(0) (1) (2) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (116) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: delimit(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.