₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,927,188 members, 3,966,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 13 December 2017 at 12:21 PM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (180967 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by nikkycool(f): 9:05pm On Sep 03
mkpadorom:
Please, kindly send to me too @ danieemek@gmail.com.
Thank you kindly.
hello,kindly email materials to me on abdullnike@gmail.com.Am writing General exam by Sept ending.Thank you.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by HonNellymike12(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04
for me, there is nothing to study about IELTS, u just need to understand the pattern and concepts, you don't need long hours of studying as long as you can speak English. Within 30mins and an hour, I was able to understand what actually was required from me to excel in the IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1kingwriter: 1:10am On Sep 05
HonNellymike12:
for me, there is nothing to study about IELTS, u just need to understand the pattern and concepts, you don't need long hours of studying as long as you can speak English. Within 30mins and an hour, I was able to understand what actually was required from me to excel in the IELTS.

Can you offer us tips that you deployed in understanding what you did and how you did it.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1kingwriter: 12:09pm On Sep 05
Good afternoon all.

Please those that have taken IELTS exams, can you give us clues on how to tackle each part of the exam.
Eg - in writing, what should one expect and how best should s/he take on it and get at least 8.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1kingwriter: 12:17pm On Sep 05
elfmann:

Go to page 74 for materials. In addition, use www.ieltsliz.com and www.ieltsbuddy.com for tips and samples.

Good.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by oyewinlegbenga: 12:32pm On Sep 05
Please I need a kind advice,what is the immigration chance to Canada of an applicant with an overall 6.5 score in ielts, age 28 years, work experience 3 year full time(50hrs per week,2400 hours per year),1ST degree; BSc my contacts are; oyewinlegbenga@yahoo.com,08029465610
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by cheapphones: 10:41pm On Sep 06
oyewinlegbenga:
Please I need a kind advice,what is the immigration chance to Canada of an applicant with an overall 6.5 score in ielts, age 28 years, work experience 3 year full time(50hrs per week,2400 hours per year),1ST degree; BSc my contacts are; oyewinlegbenga@yahoo.com,08029465610
Try to get at least 8,7,7,7 in LRSW respectively, you'll have a very good chance. But with 6.5, I'm sorry your chances are very slim. You can find the link to the crs calculator on the canada thread and check yourself again.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shakol91(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06
HonNellymike12:
pls can you be of help by giving tips for self-studies. Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 3:02am On Sep 07
HonNellymike12:

you sound just like me when all i needed to score was 6.5, only to end up scoring 7.5 in IELTS academic without any preparation. a year later I attempted IELTS general, this time needing 8.0 across all bands, i thought to myself preparing for two days would get me it. I scored 8.0 but not across all bands. Since then I have learnt IELTS is quite tough when you need to score really high as you have very little room for errors. Moreso not everyone has the same background, so some may find even 6.5 challenging.

My advice to anyone taking IELTS for immigration purposes, practice and practice! 68k is alot of money to gamble, at least for poor guys like me. I would say attempt actual test questions as contained in IELTS CAMBRIDGE study pack, if possible study from volume 1 to 12(ie year 2001 to 2017) and rate yourself against the official score tables attached below. Depending on what score you are targeting, determine if you need to study harder and how best to obliterate your weaknesses. The moment you say to yourself that IELTS is a walk over without doing this, you risk putting yourself in a situation where you'd have to sit for it as much as 5times just to get the desired scores that would consolidate your chances of securing a PR. don't end up like me...with what some think is a beautiful IELTS scores but wey no fit epp your mata.

3 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shindaracakez: 10:11am On Sep 07
Hello house, anyone in the house that has written IELTS in Ibadan or Abeokuta help out. Address for exam center for Ibadan and Abeokuta is not stated on the British council site unlike Lagos and other states.. Will the address to write the exam be sent to me for any of this location after registration or what. Help please as I'm about to register.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 10:40am On Sep 07
Shindaracakez:
Hello house, anyone in the house that has written IELTS in Ibadan or Abeokuta help out. Address for exam center for Ibadan and Abeokuta is not stated on the British council site unlike Lagos and other states.. Will the address to write the exam be sent to me for any of this location after registration or what. Help please as I'm about to register.

you would get the address alongside the date for your speaking test about a week to your exam, just check your email regularly.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by 1kingwriter: 3:17pm On Sep 07
einsteino:

you sound just like me when all i needed to score was 6.5, only to end up scoring 7.5 in IELTS academic without any preparation. a year later I attempted IELTS general, this time needing 8.0 across all bands, i thought to myself preparing for two days would get me it. I scored 8.0 but not across all bands. Since then I have learnt IELTS is quite tough when you need to score really high as you have very little room for errors. Moreso not everyone has the same background, so some may find even 6.5 challenging.

My advice to anyone taking IELTS for immigration purposes, practice and practice! 68k is alot of money to gamble, at least for poor guys like me. I would say attempt actual test questions as contained in IELTS CAMBRIDGE study pack, if possible study from volume 1 to 12(ie year 2001 to 2017) and rate yourself against the official score tables attached below. Depending on what score you are targeting, determine if you need to study harder and how best to obliterate your weaknesses. The moment you say to yourself that IELTS is a walk over without doing this, you risk putting yourself in a situation where you'd have to sit for it as much as 5times just to get the desired scores that would consolidate your chances of securing a PR. don't end up like me...with what some think is a beautiful IELTS scores but wey no fit epp your mata.

Where can one get the IELTS study pack?
Do you get it when you register for the exam?

I need it seriously.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07
1kingwriter:

I need it seriously.

i think you can purchase it from british council or some ielts study centre.

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by amoss88: 11:04pm On Sep 07
einsteino:

i think you can purchase it from british council or some ielts study centre. I have the soft copy/ebook version though, you could send me a pm if you wouldnt mind the soft copy.
Kindly send the study material to Me bro I'm really in need of it ,thanks as you do so ...careeratamos@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by slinkyibk(f): 3:30am On Sep 08
einsteino:

i think you can purchase it from british council or some ielts study centre. I have the soft copy/ebook version though, you could send me a pm if you wouldnt mind the soft copy.
pls I need d soft copy. my email slinkyibk@yahoo.com. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Lolliepzy: 4:50pm On Sep 08
einsteino:

pls send me the soft copy : omololaof@gmail.com
thanks.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shindaracakez: 5:22pm On Sep 08
Thank you so much.Regards
einsteino:

you would get the address alongside the date for your speaking test about a week to your exam, just check your email regularly.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shindaracakez: 5:23pm On Sep 08
Please share with me either the material or tips you used to get this score as all I need is band 6 and am so curious.
1kingwriter:

I need it seriously.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shindaracakez: 5:26pm On Sep 08
please kindly send me the soft copy too folarinkemi1@gmail.com.Thank you in advance
einsteino:

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by twistee(f): 10:41pm On Sep 08
Shindaracakez:
I wrote mine in Ibadan, May 13th. Centre was Mauve21 along Ring road and for speaking it was Check-Inn hotel. I think location changes but be assured that you will be mailed concerning exam venues early enough to prepare.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by jossylad86(m): 4:14am On Sep 09
einsteino:

Please send me soft copy: etukudojoseph@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Godisawesome: 6:30am On Sep 09
einsteino:

Hi
Please assist me with the materials.
Thank you
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 6:45am On Sep 09

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by mulberry: 6:48am On Sep 09
Pls I also need the soft copy can you please send to luv2val@yahoo.com. I appreciate. Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 7:01am On Sep 09
For IELTS study materials, send a request via your e-mail to this address - lwrs9999@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 7:04am On Sep 09
mulberry:
Pls I also need the soft copy can you please send to luv2val@yahoo.com. I appreciate. Thanks

SENT
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by nwolisar: 8:00am On Sep 09
einsteino:

SENT
Earnestly needed Bro nwolisa.chuks@gmail.com Much thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by nikkycool(f): 9:12pm On Sep 09
nwolisar:

Earnestly needed Bro nwolisa.chuks@gmail.com
Much thanks
Please help a sister and send to abdullnike@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by tjhunter: 9:47pm On Sep 09
Good day House, I just got in and would appreciate a soft copy of the study materials for ielts examination. kindly forward same to insychn@gmail. com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ucbabegurl: 11:12pm On Sep 09
Pls i also need the soft copy
uccozmeticz@gmail.com
Thx .
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by timmiey(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10
I wrote my IELTS exams at the Ibadan centre on August 19. I have viewed my result online already. I need the Test Report Form as soon as possible; but these people have not been replying my mails. Can I go to their Lagos office to collect it? Or has anyone who wrote on 19 August received his/her TRF??
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by sholadele4: 9:19pm On Sep 10
einsteino:

i think you can purchase it from british council or some ielts study centre.

Kindly send the study material to Me bro I'm really in need of it ,thanks as you do so ...sholadele@gmail.com

(0) (1) (2) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (97) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

Viewing this topic: daseento(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.