₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,925,931 members, 3,962,324 topics. Date: Monday, 11 December 2017 at 04:56 AM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (180393 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shakol91(m): 11:32pm On Sep 16
einsteino:

For IELTS study materials, send a request via your e-mail to this address - lwrs9999@gmail.com
pls do you have video materials and material that explain in details not those with only past questions
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 11:38pm On Sep 16
shakol91:
pls do you have video materials and material that explain in details not those with only past questions

yeah but uploading them is data intensive. Nonetheless you would find loads of such on youtube, simply search for IELTS.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shakol91(m): 8:35am On Sep 17
einsteino:

yeah but uploading them is data intensive. Nonetheless you would find loads of such on youtube, simply search for IELTS.
I will really appreciate if you can do me a favour by posting the YouTube links for me. The YouTube links I've seen only focused on listening module. I need a link that touches 3-4 modules. Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17
shakol91:
I will really appreciate if you can do me a favour by posting the YouTube links for me. The YouTube links I've seen only focused on listening module. I need a link that touches 3-4 modules. Thanks

i don't have links documented, if i were to set out to get links, i would have to search using the same youtube. just refine your search query using the modules you are interested in as keywords e.g "ielts speaking" "ielts writing" "ielts reading". i think ieltsliz channel on youtube covers speaking well. modules like writing are better studied on ieltsbuddy.com while reading is a matter of practising past questions and reading up tips.

Goodluck.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by laamilaaka: 6:17pm On Sep 17
Hello house, can someone please send ielts materials to this email frontlinenovelty@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by tobey2ng(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17
chaiks:
hey bro.please how did u registered.I intend to do so on Monday.do I have to go to any of the test centres to register?I see means of payment is by transfer or bank draft.I currently stay in Onitsha and I'll like to choose Enugu as my test centre because its close.I don't v accounts in any of the three listed banks but my bro operates a zenith bank account.can I pay in for him so he I'll transfer to British council in my favour?if I follow D's process,I'll o have to send documents to British council again?for d transfer means of payment, is it with ATM or can my bro use a transfer form?I really want to be cleared so as not to make silly mistake.
You can use mobile banking transfer platform of those three banks listed on their site. Standard Chartered Bank is the bank to choose for the payment. Read the info on their website to generate the account number . Best of luck
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by cheapphones: 10:04pm On Sep 17
wallmosh:

Thanks for your response. I appreciate you feedback.

That means there's no need of going to their office for collection.
You don't have to get confused, if the address you gave British council is different from the city of your exam centre (for example you wrote in ibadan and the address you gave them is ogbomoso), British council will send your results to your address by courier.
However if your address is same as the test center, you must go to British council office to collect your result because they won't send it to you. They announce this on the exam day categorically.
Also, if you can't go there in person, you can send a proxy with an authorization letter duly signed by you and a photocopy of the data page of your international passport to help you collect it. The person would offcos have his own id card, preferably international passport(not sure if there are restrictions on the person's id card).

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bosslady1991: 12:47pm On Sep 18
chaiks:
hey bro.please how did u registered.I intend to do so on Monday.do I have to go to any of the test centres to register?I see means of payment is by transfer or bank draft.I currently stay in Onitsha and I'll like to choose Enugu as my test centre because its close.I don't v accounts in any of the three listed banks but my bro operates a zenith bank account.can I pay in for him so he I'll transfer to British council in my favour?if I follow D's process,I'll o have to send documents to British council again?for d transfer means of payment, is it with ATM or can my bro use a transfer form?I really want to be cleared so as not to make silly mistake.

Lol. not a bro, but a sis. i registered online first and got a bank draft at UBA and sent to British council. its quite straightforward. i dont know how they do the bank transfer/account part. i went for the bank draft option.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bosslady1991: 12:49pm On Sep 18
einsteino:
For IELTS study materials, send a request via your e-mail to this address - lwrs9999@gmail.com

sent the request for days now. i'm not sure if you've seen it. Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by einsteino(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18
shakol91:

i am just referring, i dont own the email. she must be receiving more email request than she can handle.

you could also give these a try

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0Bz7Xm1dw9s5VUDlUTlFpOFk4RTQ/edit

https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/

http://www.ieltsbuddy.com

http://www.ieltsliz.com/

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-ielts/free-ielts-online-course

For your other post as regards preparation, check YouTube, you'd find unlimited past exams there. After you've had enough samples, narrow your search down, you can search for "ielts Emma", "ielts Adam", "ielts Rebacca", "ielts Liz", "ielts engvid". With these five search, you'd have enough to prep you up. You can also check www.engvid.com, www.writetotop.com then www.ieltsliz.com and www.ieltsbuddy.com for more tips.
Cheers.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by EbonyNaijaBlog: 3:49pm On Sep 18
hello guys, pls i want to pay for d exam online from gtb online banking website. Pls where do I put the reference number and name as stated on the British council page:

Also, enter the following:
Select Standard Chartered Bank as the beneficiary bank. The account name is British Council.
Enter the full reference number then name of the candidate only e.g. NG150-127815-2630 - Abanga Chinenye. Your application may not be processed without the reference number and your name.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by chaiks: 9:16pm On Sep 18
bosslady1991:

Lol. not a bro, but a sis. i registered online first and got a bank draft at UBA and sent to British council. its quite straightforward. i dont know how they do the bank transfer/account part. i went for the bank draft option.
ok sis.thanks for ur input.I I'll follow d draft means of Pay.but how did you get the correct website to register online?for me I v been thinking of going to their Enugu test centre to see if I I'll register there just for the fear of fake website online.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by chaiks: 9:23pm On Sep 18
tobey2ng:

You can use mobile banking transfer platform of those three banks listed on their site. Standard Chartered Bank is the bank to choose for the payment. Read the info on their website to generate the account number . Best of luck
thanks bro.I aprct.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shakol91(m): 10:12pm On Sep 18
einsteino:

i am just referring, i dont own the email. she must be receiving more email request than she can handle.

you could also give these a try

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0Bz7Xm1dw9s5VUDlUTlFpOFk4RTQ/edit

https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/

http://www.ieltsbuddy.com

http://www.ieltsliz.com/

http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-ielts/free-ielts-online-course

For your other post as regards preparation, check YouTube, you'd find unlimited past exams there. After you've had enough samples, narrow your search down, you can search for "ielts Emma", "ielts Adam", "ielts Rebacca", "ielts Liz", "ielts engvid". With these five search, you'd have enough to prep you up. You can also check www.engvid.com, www.writetotop.com then www.ieltsliz.com and www.ieltsbuddy.com for more tips.
Cheers.
thanks bro, you've done well

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by cheapphones: 6:24am On Sep 19
chaiks:
ok sis.thanks for ur input.I I'll follow d draft means of Pay.but how did you get the correct website to register online?for me I v been thinking of going to their Enugu test centre to see if I I'll register there just for the fear of fake website online.
ielts.britishcouncil.org is their only and legit website, don't stress your self traveling. The registration and payment is quite straightforward as you'll be given directions by them every step of the way. I doubt if they even do any kind of offline registration at their office.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by chaiks: 7:47am On Sep 19
cheapphones:

ielts.britishcouncil.org is their only and legit website, don't stress your self traveling. The registration and payment is quite straightforward as you'll be given directions by them every step of the way. I doubt if they even do any kind of offline registration at their office.
Alright thanks.that means after registering online,I I'll go to any bank and ask them to do bank transfer to British council.do I still need to send them anything again because I see British council is not in anywhere in d east and I stat in onitsha
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by cheapphones: 8:12am On Sep 19
chaiks:
Alright thanks.that means after registering online,I I'll go to any bank and ask them to do bank transfer to British council.do I still need to send them anything again because I see British council is not in anywhere in d east and I stat in onitsha
After registration, British council will give you directions on how to pay either bank draft or using transfer.
Btw just go to that website for starters all the info you need is there.
I advise anybody wanting to write ielts to visit the website, it gives more than enough self explanatory and valid info, instead of coming on here to ask ppl questions and stand the risk of even being misled by ppl. Read every section on the site including the FAQs.
If you can visit nairaland to ask a question, then you can visit that website and find the answers yourself.
I successfully registered, paid for and passed well my first ielts just by visiting the website and not asking anybody any questions.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by chaiks: 8:46am On Sep 19
cheapphones:

After registration, British council will give you directions on how to pay either bank draft or using transfer.
Btw just go to that website for starters all the info you need is there.
I advise anybody wanting to write ielts to visit the website, it gives more than enough self explanatory and valid info, instead of coming on here to ask ppl questions and stand the risk of even being misled by ppl. Read every section on the site including the FAQs.
If you can visit nairaland to ask a question, then you can visit that website and find the answers yourself.
I successfully registered, paid for and passed well my first ielts just by visiting the website and not asking anybody any questions.
OK.thanks a mil.well noted.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by DereI(f): 12:48pm On Sep 19
chaiks:

Register on their website.

chaiks:

I can assist you with that. I stay in Enugu. So I simply sent cash to my sister in abuja, she drew a draft in favour of BC and printed out the application summary and Intl passport and submitted at BC Abuja
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by DereI(f): 12:49pm On Sep 19
Who's writing in Enugu on the 30th?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by swiftkid007(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19
http://ieltsliz.com/
Yureyes:

Please bro, I'm interested in the IELTS General materials also. I will be grateful if you can help me with it when you get it.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Pearlygates: 4:47am On Sep 20
Please someone help with those study materials; this is my email :ezeobodosamuel@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Saintsquare(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20
1kingwriter:
Please house, who has taken IELTS test at the BC Centre Abeokuta?
Am contemplating doing so.
someone should answer this question abeg o
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by chyjp(f): 10:03pm On Sep 21
@ferdimako please kindly send to me. Thanks......biggestmaama@yahoo.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by codeworks(m): 6:37am On Sep 22
Hello e-family . Pls who knows where i can attend mock exams and coaching in Port Harcourt
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Dreal4mula: 10:59am On Sep 22
codeworks:
Hello e-family . Pls who knows where i can attend mock exams and coaching in Port Harcourt

How can one check result?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by dayo4(m): 11:59am On Sep 22
I wrote my Ielts test in Benin, Edo State, I just got the results but I'm very dissatisfied with the result, where can I apply for the remark, in Benin or in Abuja or can I do that in a different center like Ibadan?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by JimmySmilez: 1:19pm On Sep 22
So, I checked my results today, it was exciting!!!

Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Overall 8.0.

I wanna thank everyone on this thread whose comments lead me in the right direction!

Eagerly waiting for the hardcopy before I believe it's real!

3 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stepo707: 4:01pm On Sep 22
JimmySmilez:

Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Overall 8.0.

I wanna thank everyone on this thread whose comments lead me in the right direction!

Is it general or academic?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by JimmySmilez: 6:19pm On Sep 22
stepo707:
Is it general or academic?
Academic
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by corpershun: 6:54pm On Sep 22
JimmySmilez:

Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Overall 8.0.

Hello congrats on your scores,More Blessings. Please I would like to get materials to use to prepare for the exams too. Can I PM you?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by lovesavvi: 2:30am On Sep 23
pls how much is d test now, also I need d material to prepare for the test

(0) (1) (2) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (97) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.