₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,928,528 members, 3,971,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 16 December 2017 at 04:33 AM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (181693 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by JimmySmilez: 7:33am On Sep 23
corpershun:

Hello congrats on your scores,More Blessings. Please I would like to get materials to use to prepare for the exams too. Can I PM you?
Thank you.

I used the materials found in this link
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0Bz7Xm1dw9s5VUDlUTlFpOFk4RTQ/edit
It's complete with audio recordings and sample questions.

Ieltsliz was also invaluable. I watched all the videos on her YouTube channel and practically spent all day on her blog.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Godfidence: 8:28pm On Sep 23
JimmySmilez:

Thank you.

I used the materials found in this link
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0Bz7Xm1dw9s5VUDlUTlFpOFk4RTQ/edit
It's complete with audio recordings and sample questions.

Ieltsliz was also invaluable. I watched all the videos on her YouTube channel and practically spent all day on her blog.
Congrats on your result....pls where did you write the exam?

2 Likes

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by JimmySmilez: 8:49am On Sep 24
Godfidence:
Congrats on your result....pls where did you write the exam?
Thank you.

Abuja.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Xkoba: 9:33pm On Sep 24
Hello family pls which center is the best in ibadan for pte wanna book exam
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by oyewinlegbenga: 1:01pm On Sep 26
JimmySmilez:
So, I checked my results today, it was exciting!!!

Listening 8.5
Reading 7.5
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Overall 8.0.

I wanna thank everyone on this thread whose comments lead me in the right direction!

Eagerly waiting for the hardcopy before I believe it's real!
cheapphones:

Try to get at least 8,7,7,7 in LRSW respectively, you'll have a very good chance. But with 6.5, I'm sorry your chances are very slim. You can find the link to the crs calculator on the canada thread and check yourself again.
Please, I need your help I got band 7 in speaking & writing, while I got band 6 in listening & 5.5 in reading respectively. My result indicates my areas of strength & weakness. I had read online, but kindly assist me with soft copy of materials for practice to enable me score 8777 in LRSW.
Kindly reach me via oyewinlegbenga@yahoo.com,08029465610, I intend re-writing for better result In October, I sincerely envy your result congratulations its a mile stone.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by chimax1(m): 11:54am On Sep 27
Hey guys, am scheduled to write on the 5th of next month. But have not gotten any instruction for the speaking text uptill now, pls is that normal? Text venue is ikoyi, lagos state.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 4:36pm On Sep 27
I had my speaking test in Ibadan earlier today. It was interesting. The examiner was a cute lady and it was more like a conversation, although she tried to maintain the official posture.
1st part. What's your name? What do you do? School or work? Do you enjoy the course? Do you like rain? And similar questions.
2nd part. Talk about a good parent you know and one other question I can't remember now.
3rd part was about parenting.
It was really interesting. I got her attention with my look. I frowned when I wanted to say negative things and smile/brighten up when I said positive things.
The other parts would come up this Saturday.
Good luck to us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by btrocky09: 1:00pm On Sep 28
Thanks for the information, pls it takes how many day/ days to write the exam... Where is your location in IB? I may need your help. Thanks

I had my speaking test in Ibadan earlier today. It was interesting. The examiner was a cute lady and it was more like a conversation, although she tried to maintain the official posture.
1st part. What's your name? What do you do? School or work? Do you enjoy the course? Do you like rain? And similar questions.
2nd part. Talk about a good parent you know and one other question I can't remember now.
It was really interesting. I got her attention with my look. I frowned when I wanted to say negative things and smile/brighten up when I said positive things.
Good luck to us all.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Beblessedbaba: 4:58pm On Sep 28
IELTS general material needed. please help send to beblessedbaba@gmail.com
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 6:44pm On Sep 28
btrocky09:
Thanks for the information, pls it takes how many day/ days to write the exam... Where is your location in IB? I may need your help. Thanks

Good luck to us all.

Speaking was at Check Inn hotel, bodija
Written would be at Mauve 21, ring road.
It takes two days to write.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Eseblanco(m): 10:26pm On Sep 28
Johnnyessence:
the best solution here for some newbies here is to check the previous thread. It will be useful. And also try and get in contact with the whatsapp group too. All the best.

Pls i dont know that there is any whatsapp group related to this.

Please can someone in d group share me d link or at most add me to the group with dis no. 08064332462

Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Johnnyessence: 12:20pm On Sep 29
Eseblanco:

Pls i dont know that there is any whatsapp group related to this.

Please can someone in d group share me d link or at most add me to the group with dis no. 08064332462

Thanks

sorry for replying you late here. Well I don't have the whatsapp phone numbers here. Try and go through the previous page. You will see it there. All the best.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Eseblanco(m): 3:27pm On Sep 29
Johnnyessence:
sorry for replying you late here. Well I don't have the whatsapp phone numbers here. Try and go through the previous page. You will see it there. All the best.

No problem at al
Anytime is good bro

Thanks al d same. Lemme search for it.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by bumpypat(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29
Pls guys..i dont have an account with any of d banks listed for d online transfer...is it safe for me to use someone's account to transfer to d british council account?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by cerezo: 7:31am On Sep 30
Yes you can, however, kindly ensure that you send them an email immediately and attach the payment advice.

bumpypat:
Pls guys..i dont have an account with any of d banks listed for d online transfer...is it safe for me to use someone's account to transfer to d british council account?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by btrocky09: 8:13am On Sep 30
Thanks, are you Solace??
ayxmania:

Speaking was at Check Inn hotel, bodija
Written would be at Mauve 21, ring road.
It takes two days to write.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by MYLYN(f): 4:10pm On Sep 30
Hello all, please if my Ielts reg gets canceled without pay, can I Re register?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Issyman(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30
MYLYN:
Hello all, please if my Ielts reg gets canceled without pay, can I Re register?

Yes yes yes
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by MYLYN(f): 4:11pm On Sep 30
Anyone with practice materials for IELTS academic should please send to me. Merc.fashn@gmail.com... Thanks and God bless you
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by MYLYN(f): 4:12pm On Sep 30
Issyman:

Yes yes yes

Thanks for the prompt reply..... Hope I can pay online. Cuz this bank draft and bank transfer doesn't work for me.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by elfmann: 4:31pm On Sep 30
MYLYN:

Thanks for the prompt reply..... Hope I can pay online. Cuz this bank draft and bank transfer doesn't work for me.
It is either of the two. U can't use any debit card unlike before.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 10:24pm On Sep 30
btrocky09:
Thanks, are you Solace??
No, I'm Ayo
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 10:27pm On Sep 30
Written test was good today. Listening was good until around question 34 when the lady before me stood up and made my headset lose connection. I manage to finish sha.
Reading was just too awesome. Beware of paraphrasing!!!
Writing was about the substitution of sports/exercises with academic classes and a letter to a friend some thy something..

I think I did well.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Testimonies: 5:19am On Oct 01
Congratulations

ayxmania:
Written test was good today. Listening was good until around question 34 when the lady before me stood up and made my headset lose connection. I manage to finish sha.
Writing was about the substitution of sports/exercises with academic classes and a letter to a friend some thy something..

I think I did well.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 8:35am On Oct 01
Testimonies:
Congratulations

Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by talk2jt(f): 1:47pm On Oct 01
Hi, can you remember your answers in the TRUE, FALSE and not given section at the end?

Also there was a part in section 2 I think. They talked about sending only parcels worth less than $1500 and the question asked for the maximum amount a parcel should be worth. I wrote $1499 but my worry is because I have been advised against changing the text in the question but $1500 just couldn't be the answer. What was your Answer?

ayxmania:

I think I did well.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 1:55pm On Oct 01
talk2jt:

Hi, can you remember your answers in the TRUE, FALSE and not given section at the end?

Also there was a part in section 2 I think. They talked about sending only parcels worth less than $1500 and the question asked for the maximum amount a parcel should be worth. I wrote $1499 but my worry is because I have been advised against changing the text in the question but $1500 just couldn't be the answer. What was your Answer?

It was $1500 sis. I am so sure. Also, where they talked about America, most people chose false or not given, but it was true. Columbos discovered America.
The listening part, was it 119 or 190? The bill the customer service man gave the woman??
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by talk2jt(f): 2:00pm On Oct 01
ayxmania:

It was $1500 sis. I am so sure. Also, where they talked about America, most people chose false or not given, but it was true. Columbos discovered America.
The listening part, was it 119 or 190? The bill the customer service man gave the woman??

LISTENING 1
Ruddick
Garden Avenue
Home
31st July 
Handle
Repair
Dust bag
Silver

LISTENING 2
Louise was telling Keith why he shouldn't worry.
The first person was a French man
By spacing the plants 
The app tells the fishermen about the weather.
The delay in releasing the app was because of a lot of organisations.

MAP.. I can't remember the answers

LISTENING 3
Festival was started because of a local musician
The volunteers get discount at a local store.
The ticket resale has to be at a festival ticket office
The festival staff decide 
Can't remember the last part of this.

The other aspect where 2 people were talking

Thoughtful 
Guidelines 
Change format
Minor errors
Some irrelevant information 

LISTENING 4
Distances
Sound
Chocolate
Reaction 
Newspaper 
Environment 
Swimming pool 
National parks 
Flexible 
Language

For the American part, I chose not given. You are not supposed to use your knowledge in ielts reading or listening. You are supposed to focus on the passage given. That paragraph did not mention anything on it.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 2:15pm On Oct 01
talk2jt:

LISTENING 1
Ruddick
Garden Avenue
Home
31st July 
Handle
Repair
Dust bag
Silver

LISTENING 2
Louise was telling Keith why he shouldn't worry.
The first person was a French man
By spacing the plants 
The app tells the fishermen about the weather.
The delay in releasing the app was because of a lot of organisations.

MAP.. I can't remember the answers

LISTENING 3
Festival was started because of a local musician
The volunteers get discount at a local store.
The ticket resale has to be at a festival ticket office
The festival staff decide 
Can't remember the last part of this.

The other aspect where 2 people were talking

Thoughtful 
Guidelines 
Change format
Minor errors
Some irrelevant information 

LISTENING 4
Distances
Sound
Chocolate
Reaction 
Newspaper 
Environment 
Swimming pool 
National parks 
Flexible 
Language

For the American part, I chose not given. You are not supposed to use your knowledge in ielts reading or listening. You are supposed to focus on the passage given. That paragraph did not mention anything on it.

I got it then. I was just scared if it was 119. I wrote 190 tho.
Concerning the America part, I read on iletsliz's website about Paraphrasing and it was what she talked about. That sentence was paraphrased.
Anyway, best of luck to us all.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by talk2jt(f): 2:27pm On Oct 01
ayxmania:

I got it then. I was just scared if it was 119. I wrote 190 tho.
Concerning the America part, I read on iletsliz's website about Paraphrasing and it was what she talked about. That sentence was paraphrased.
Anyway, best of luck to us all.

The part of widespread TRUE
Egyptians and the first map FALSE
Dutch something TRUE
Romans built the first road NOT GIVEN
The part of the person that wrote a book FALSE..

WHAT were your answers here?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 2:32pm On Oct 01
talk2jt:

The part of widespread TRUE (I chose False, because it said MANY not ALL).
Egyptians and the first map FALSE (False, Babylonians did)
Dutch something TRUE (True)
Romans built the first road NOT GIVEN (not given)
The part of the person that wrote a book FALSE..(False the other guy did).

WHAT were your answers here?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by talk2jt(f): 2:34pm On Oct 01
[quote author=ayxmania post=61004801][/quote]

Thanks. Wishing you the best. I'll tell you about my result. Happy Independence day

(0) (1) (2) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (97) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.