₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,928,977 members, 3,973,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 17 December 2017 at 01:40 AM

Preparing for IELTS?...get in here - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Preparing for IELTS?...get in here (181998 Views)

Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss. / How To Achieve Ielts(general Training) Band 9 For Immigration, Connect Here. / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by muyeeoo(m): 9:36am On Nov 15
what is the hope for someone with ielts score of LRWS = 7.5,7,7,7 in canada immigeration process
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stepo707: 9:54am On Nov 15
Please who has seen his Nov 2nd result?
Mine keeps saying no result found
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by K4daniel: 11:18am On Nov 15
muyeeoo:
what is the hope for someone with ielts score of LRWS = 7.5,7,7,7 in canada immigeration process

Sir, I really wish their is hope but am afraid your 5 in reading had disqualified you under federal skill which is the easiest way to obtaining your Canadian PR.

The minimum benchmark required score is CLB 6666 because each 6 in all gives you 4 points each. Making 16point..7 gives you 5 point.like that...No point for 5 band. If you have a minimum of 6777..6 =4,7=5,7=6,7=5

you can then go to the drawing board and fit in your scores, if you had master is about 25 point with your wife score 4point (minimum of 6 in all for wife too) and ur uncle in canada can give you point as well..

You must get 67 points in total but people often surpass as much as 79..Because they do well in ielts and other factors like employment offer, family etc.But to have a chance of being selected you must have 67.

Goodluck.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by StacieG: 12:07pm On Nov 15
K4daniel:

Sir, I really wish their is hope but am afraid your 5 in reading had disqualified you under federal skill which is the easiest way to obtaining your Canadian PR.

The minimum benchmark required score is CLB 6666 because each 6 in all gives you 4 points each. Making 16point..7 gives you 5 point.like that...No point for 5 band. If you have a minimum of 6777..6 =4,7=5,7=6,7=5

Look closely he scored 7.5 in Listening and 7 in others. Your result is OK

you can then go to the drawing board and fit in your scores, if you had master is about 25 point with your wife score 4point (minimum of 6 in all for wife too) and ur uncle in canada can give you point as well..

You must get 67 points in total but people often surpass as much as 79..Because they do well in ielts and other factors like employment offer, family etc.But to have a chance of being selected you must have 67.

Goodluck.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by muyeeoo(m): 12:11pm On Nov 15
[quote author=StacieG post=62398498][/quote]

thanks joor.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by shygunXs(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15
praiseisgood:

You can give it a shot. But to be candid, I doubt if reading marks can be upgraded.

This is because, reading and listening are the two objective part of the IELTS and they have fixed answers while speaking and writing are the subjective part.

It is far easier to get upgraded marks for the subjective part and people have indeed got their marks upgraded on the subjective part.

He can be in luck sha. But someone said that he wont be able to use the IELTS score until the remark is completed and the process to remark can take 10 weeks. Almost 3months.

So... na to choose one.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by walata176: 4:11pm On Nov 15

Writing has some skills to ace it. If u have not retaken, lemme have ur e-mail addy...I give u the bomb.
Please send to me also I need the materials also: walenaiye@gmail.com. thanks.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stepo707: 4:55pm On Nov 15
Seems like no one wrote here on Nov 2nd or no one has checked his/her result yet?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shakushaku1(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15
As liz is to listening , what's to writing, I mean what's the best site or textbook one can practice with for writing.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by senors(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15
I Checked mine for 2nd Nov with 7.5, 8, 6.5 and 7.5 in LRWS respectively.
stepo707:
Seems like no one wrote here on Nov 2nd or no one has checked his/her result yet?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stepo707: 5:46pm On Nov 15
senors:
Document number is my passport number right? And also candidate number is the 4 digit number?
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by senors(m): 6:53pm On Nov 15
See bolded text.
[quote author=stepo707 post=62408778]
Document number is my passport number right? Yes And also candidate number is the 4 digit number? No, its 5 digits
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by praiseisgood: 7:02pm On Nov 15
Shakushaku1:
As liz is to listening , what's to writing, I mean what's the best site or textbook one can practice with for writing.

Rebecca - Goodluckielts
E2language

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Shakushaku1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15
praiseisgood:

Rebecca - Goodluckielts
E2language

Blessings
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by ayxmania: 10:28pm On Nov 15
senors:

Raise an EOR asap to remark your Writing.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by MYLYN(f): 8:24am On Nov 16
KINGTELLER:

The bolded, what is new in the listening test, please indicate because I will taking my test in two weeks time. Is there now changes to the format of the listening?
Thought it was just me that found listening a bit different. I would advice you are focused 100% on listening. The girl who sat at my front said she didn't finish her reading, well I finished Cuz I went in with a format in mind. I answered the section a passage first (it was about Charles Dickens) and then moved to section C then section B. B was lettered paragraphs and that usually takes time to answer no matter how easy... Really don't know what entered thier head but it seems Ielts has taken a harder turn. I still dey shake as I dey here. All the best.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Guyz5050: 11:03am On Nov 16
Good morning house
Please is IELTS UKVI computer based? Also it seems registration is only done via Bank draft. Can I send this by courier to them at Ikoyi? Or do I have to go myself? Thanks.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by K4daniel: 12:35pm On Nov 16
muyeeoo:

Guy, I didn't look at your score carefully, I believe you are good to go depending on your program.

Good result...congrats sir.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by K4daniel: 12:40pm On Nov 16
Guyz5050:
Good morning house
Please is IELTS UKVI computer based? Also it seems registration is only done via Bank draft. Can I send this by courier to them at Ikoyi? Or do I have to go myself? Thanks.

Sir, if you send by courier you will need to track.. I will advise you create time and go there in person and complete the job instantly as they are fast.

They also have their time of attending to people as closing time Mon to thursday is 3.30pm..Friday 12.30pm.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Guyz5050: 12:54pm On Nov 16
Thanks alot.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by praiseisgood: 8:53pm On Nov 16
@stepo707,
You can check your result now. They uploaded new set this evening. The 4-digit candidate number is correct.

Dear house, what is the possibility of getting 7 to bump to 8 through remark with British Council?

LRWS - 8.5,9.0,7.5, 7.0

Remark or leave thrash for Lawma and rewrite?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by stepo707: 9:57pm On Nov 16
praiseisgood:
@stepo707,
You can check your result now. They uploaded new set this evening. The 4-digit candidate number is correct.

Dear house, what is the possibility of getting 7 to bump to 8 through remark with British Council?

LRWS - 8.5,9.0,7.5, 7.0

Thanks.
Thanks I just checked and I am not too happy with my result
LRWS-7,6.5,6.5,8.0
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by elfmann: 8:54am On Nov 17
Pple should not just be asking for a remark.. It depends on what u want to use the result for. Why do u need an 8 in ur Speaking?
praiseisgood:
@stepo707,

LRWS - 8.5,9.0,7.5, 7.0

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by elfmann: 8:56am On Nov 17
U can courier it.
Guyz5050:
Good morning house
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Guyz5050: 2:50pm On Nov 17
Please that section that says how many years have you been studying English. What do I input? Thanks
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by senors(m): 5:34am On Nov 18
Thanks @axymania
ayxmania:

Raise an EOR asap to remark your Writing.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Ladon7: 8:38am On Nov 18
good mng , pls i need help oooo, i av wwritten ielts 3 times with 7 in listening n 6 in reading. and i av identified my problem in listening to be the multiple questions, i av practiced over 40 questionds but still not getting this aspect right, pls is there any technique i can apply. and for reading is timing. will be writing another one in two weeks ,
pls help , i need techniques to apply. am tired of giving BC my salary.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by sonofthunder: 12:46pm On Nov 18
Solitin40:

Good morning ma chai I can see you cashing dollars o husband and wife are nurse grin
This is the link https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ikaTdt2XnEY3ZmTGNUTzIxbVE&usp=sharing&tid=0B-ikaTdt2XnEXzhWLXJhYWR5OHM
Try using chrome or safari to open on your phone and also download Google drive but ma PC is the best bet
Hello, please I need these documents and would appreciate your assistance... I can't download it as it seems to have been deleted.
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Solitin40: 6:05pm On Nov 18

1 Like

Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by Pat4t5: 9:02pm On Nov 19

Writing has some skills to ace it. If u have not retaken, lemme have ur e-mail addy...I give u the bomb.
please send me the bomb (ebelechi2008@yahoo.co.uk)
Re: Preparing for IELTS?...get in here by damolah10(m): 11:30am On Nov 21
Please I care for it too - Nuh.oyindamola@gmail.com

(0) (1) (2) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.