Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 PM

Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? (1191 Views)

Ancient Benin: Where Did The First Monarchs Come From / This White Man Speaks Edo, Benin Language But Has Never Been To Nigeria (Video) / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by hardpecs: 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hello Nairaland,

I am a white man living in the West. I have seen my people decline very fast, to a point where I dont think our future looks good.

For me to gain some perspective, and so that you may learn from our mistakes, where do you think we went wrong?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by raayah(f): 3:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
What part of "the west" do you live in?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by tpiander: 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
I wonder why whites always think about the future and blacks rarely do, except if it involves sex and/or inheritance matters. . . . . . . . .
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by hardpecs: 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
raayah:
What part of "the west" do you live in?

The UK, London.

tpiander:
I wonder why whites always think about the future and blacks rarely do. . . . . . . . .
Tomorrow becomes today very quickly. I will admit this causes some sacrifice of personal happiness. From my experience white people are a lot less intrinsically happy than black people, who just generally seem more positive and laid back about life.
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by ITbomb(m): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
Three things

1. When you gave too much credence to what you hear or watch on US controlled media especially CNN or BBC (though BBC has some sense of credibility)
2. When you get a credit card. You buy want you don't need and what you can't afford and spend the rest of your life paying. Most Africans do not buy anything they want, they buy only things they need and they pay cash (not on credit).
3. Only the believe in God can guarantee inner peace, when you acquire so much knowledge and wealth and start to think that God has no place in your progress

2 Likes

Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by libertyfather(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
hardpecs:
Hello Nairaland,

I am a white man living in the West. I have seen my people decline very fast, to a point where I dont think our future looks good.

For me to gain some perspective, and so that you may learn from our mistakes, where do you think we went wrong?

White? Do you mean oyinmbo?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by Akposb(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
I wonder what d issue is about?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by tpiander: 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
op can you explain the original post?

decline meaning?

and future meaning?

are you referring to the economy?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
1. Too much freedom.
Especially to the teens no descipline.
2. Lack of fear of God.
3. Too much tech. I know the world is better today cos of tech. But we are grooming lazy generation with it.
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by bigfrancis21: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2015
hardpecs:
Hello Nairaland,

Decline in what sense actually? Could you elaborate more on what you are trying to say?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
decline? i dont think so. dont be a chicken licken... the sky is NOT falling!
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by Rivertemz: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
hardpecs:
Hello Nairaland,

The white man got too nosey
He explored the world sooner and more than any others had, but he treaded and looted what he wanted from other lands.
The fruits of his labour sprang good harvests (western world wealth& superpower nations), but also bad fruits (the burden of inflicting harm to other civilisations such as the African and the Asian).

Being "white" in itself is a contradiction.
What was considered a white man today (Scandanavian, Western European) is now different today (Whole of Europe, North Africans, anything walking with pale skin is considered white now) why because of the fears of your depleting numbers.
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by bigfrancis21: 10:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
libertyfather:

White? Do you mean oyinmbo?
Are you this dumb?
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by bigfrancis21: 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
hardpecs:

The UK, London.

Tomorrow becomes today very quickly. I will admit this causes some sacrifice of personal happiness. From my experience white people are a lot less intrinsically happy than black people, who just generally seem more positive and laid back about life.

@bold...that is true. The western world might be leading in technological advancement but spiritually, there is a deep void amongst most westerners. Africa and Africans might not be leading in technological advancements, which are earthly things that are fleeting, but they have got huge spiritual wealth which is priceless. Technology and all of its glamour we'll leave behind on earth but spiritual richness you take it with you when you die. Take Nigeria for example, despite all the physical setbacks Nigerians experience they still remain one of the most happy and positive people on earth. They would always find humour in every situation, even in the most troublesome of it, and life continues. The western world places emphasis on material acquisition and how much money, fame or degree you're able to acquire in life, the eastern world places value on human satisfaction, happiness and spiritual quality of life one is able to achieve in life.
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by libertyfather(m): 2:29am On Jul 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Are you this dumb?

On long run you this monkey quote me...
kiss my a s s
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by bigfrancis21: 2:44am On Jul 06, 2015
libertyfather:

On long run you this monkey quote me...
kiss my a s s

How can you be very dumb when the poster said he is white and lives in UK and yet you were still asking him if he is oyibo. How dumber could you get? If you didn't have anything to contribute, you should have refrained from commenting in the first place. Stupidity irritates me. angry
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by libertyfather(m): 2:55am On Jul 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

How can you be very dumb when the poster said he is white and lives in UK and yet you were still asking him if he is oyibo. How dumber could you get? If you didn't have anything to contribute, you should have refrained from commenting in the first place. Stupidity irritates me. angry

lol Mr, get urself a life
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by tpiander: 3:10am On Jul 06, 2015
bigfrancis21:

white could mean anything, come on.

could be light skin black, dark skin black, etc.
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by bigfrancis21: 3:18am On Jul 06, 2015
tpiander:

white could mean anything, come on.

could be light skin black, dark skin black, etc.

Are you even listening to what you are saying? undecided
Re: Where Did The White Man Go Wrong? by tpiander: 3:20am On Jul 06, 2015
don't blacks pretend to be white online, and vice versa?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hausa, Igbo And Yoruba / Amotekun Training: Masquerade Remain Unburnt As They Douse It With Fuel (video). / How Will You Describe Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.