Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late (34193 Views)

5 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Marry Late / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat / Ladies! 7 Reasons Why You Should Sleep More Often With Your Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Gifted4all(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
Whats about d marriage tinz dis days on nairaland
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by GodblessNig247(m): 9:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
4 and 6 yea
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by zunnurain33(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
no 2 is the point. no 2 is the point.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by berrystunn(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
many things join
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by lolaxavier(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Agree...I'm totally guilty of all.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by ayusco85(m): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
XavierBlue:
Ladies love to marry early, but men will go for the opposite. Women wonder why they have to wait till they are older before possessing such thoughts. Ladies may marry as early as 20 but men is a rarity.

1. The commitment thingy.

The whole commitment thingy is scary. Don't tell them they'll have to commit their whole life to one lady when there are millions and other varieties out theregrin The thing is, it easy for a lady to make a commitment but not for a man.

2. Scared of their decision.

Men always get scared of marrying the wrong person. He still posses doubt even when he's sure of the one he vouched.

3. An end to his bachelorhood.

Once you're married, your free life and fun get cuts off. Guys are scared to leave that in a hurry as being a bachelor can be fun. They want to enjoy lives so that once they're married, they won't cheat. So they believe grin

4. Hustling or making money first.
Men want to be more than comfortable before looking towards marriages. They want to make money, have more cars, houses and wealth before going to the alter.

5. Polygamous in nature.

Men are naturally women lovers. And commiting to one for the rest of their lives is not a decision that will be hurriedly takengrin. They want to sow their royal oats before before settling to one , perhaps a virgingrin

6. Their friends.

Ladies Marry early because their friends married early or want to marry early. Men don't want to hear of such words, money and fun maybe the thing on their mind. To them marriage na future sontingrin

7. Who to trust when they have the money.

This is another reason. After making money and acquiring wealth, they don't know who to trust as every female that comes their way might be regarded a gold digger who only comes for his hard hustled money and not his love. They don't know who to trust or stick to. in their quest to find a trustable partner, they end up marrying late.

Feel free to add yours

XavierBlue

Am guilty of all. Nice one OP.

This the first list laden thread on nairaland am agreeing totaally with. Spot on.

Its fun being a guy
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Raalsalghul: 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
That point no 7 is valid, couldn't be more true.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by chubaba1(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
dat no. 4 suppose b no. 1
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Cutehector(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
They friendzoned us.. They said we are broke..dey told us to go hustle... They dated sugar daddies.. We went to hustle...Nw we hammered... We shunned dem.. Who is to blame?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by callonme(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
My reasons stands to be number 4.......well,in other news......

I'm still working hard on my blog.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by damiloladuke: 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
omo na money sure pass

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ ABOUT MY PERSONA FUNNY DIARY
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by redcliff: 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
XavierBlue:
which are you guilty of grin

XavierBlue

Wats d idea of putting your name after a comment when your name shows above it? undecided undecided
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Mintek: 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
No.3's very true.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Karleb(m): 9:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
oo.. . Why the rush?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
some are born eunuch

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
adeaks:
Number 4 is the ish. Why marry when you don't have enough pepper in ur pocket? I wont marry till I am a billionaire. angry

Number 5 is not applicable at all. In Nigeria, Marriage whether traditional or english doesn't stop you from getting another wife.
... cheesy white/grey hair respects no one grin lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by kayo80(m): 9:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
I relate with all of the above except no. 5; God help me.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
fear of commitment and family responsibility.
fear of kids. Some guys hate having kids around not to mention twins. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by mubarak001(m): 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
Fortunately, all my goons are married bt here hayam...still single without a babe. It has always been friends with benefit. Maybe by next yr, I'll look out for d baby mama to be.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by INTERMAN: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
XavierBlue:
i tell you. Dem plenty dis days.grin

XavierBlue
copy cat. U dey copy cherlene
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
No.4, Making money man. Ladies love money and so much of it!!!!!!.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by segebase(m): 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
owonikoko
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by liricyst(m): 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Velocitron:
No such thing as marrying "late" undecided

true....as long as you marry within the time frame you set for yourself.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by ihedioramma: 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=XavierBlue post=35483905]Ladies love to marry early, but men will go for the opposite. Women wonder why they have to wait till they are older before possessing such thoughts. Ladies may marry as early as 20 but men is a rarity.

1. The commitment thingy.

The whole commitment thingy is scary. Don't tell them they'll have to commit their whole life to one lady when there are millions and other varieties out theregrin The thing is, it easy for a lady to make a commitment but not for a man.

2. Scared of their decision.

Men always get scared of marrying the wrong person. He still posses doubt even when he's sure of the one he vouched.

3. An end to his bachelorhood.

Once you're married, your free life and fun get cuts off. Guys are scared to leave that in a hurry as being a bachelor can be fun. They want to enjoy lives so that once they're married, they won't cheat. So they believe grin how old are you? Why not marry yours?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
If a guy becomes rich he can get any girl of his choice without going through rigorous task of ladies who are playing hard to get.It's unfortunate that while we are hustling to make the paper,majority of our future wives have their honeypot been sample by several sugardaddies because of money.What will they leave behind for us if we eventually made the cheddar and are ready to settle down?May God help us.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by pressplay411(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
because why buy DSTV explora if you can only watch one channel? Too many cheap bouquets offering various options even free-to-air! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
oooh God please do wonder in my case this year,.provide me that lady that will stay and bost my heart up terms encouragement,.Lord anwer me IJN
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by ekiloui(f): 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
Even though I'm a lady, I'm scared shitless of commitments, I'm even considering seeing a therapist (if they exist in 9ja) to help with this fear.

It's supposed to be a guy thing, don't know why I have to go through it
Re: 7 Reasons Why Some Guys Marry Late by Elevation(m): 10:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
adeaks:
Number 4 is the ish. Why marry when you don't have enough pepper in ur pocket? I wont marry till I am a billionaire. angry

Number 5 is not applicable at all. In Nigeria, Marriage whether traditional or english doesn't stop you from getting another wife.
Mr you know the word, that billion thing is too much what happened to Proverbs 18:22 now that you wanna make billions first, permit me to ask, would you shag or not till you get the billions and marry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences / Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah / Derick Omari Shows His Mother As He Meets Queen Elizabeth - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.