Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" (7105 Views)

Francis Mgboh, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Writes Orji Uzor Kalu For His Negotiation / Ita-Giwa Volunteers To Negotiate With Niger Delta Militants If Only... / I Spent Two Days With Terrorists – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
This thread is in opposition to Buhari's proposal to negotiate with Boko Haram, it also serve as a response to the thread Boko Haram: In Defence Of Govt's Position To Negotiate.

It is very unfortunate that Buharists are out to force unpopular decision on Nigerians through lies, deception and propaganda.
The author of the thread "unintelligently" tried to justify Buhari proposed negotiation with Boko haram terrorist group by citing unrelated instances which this article will address.

1. Israel Don't Negotiate With Hamas
Israel has always maintained that Hamas is a terrorist group even before Hamas was elected in west bank. Israel made it very clear on several occasion that.

In April 2014, Israel pulled out of America proposed peace talk with Palestine after Palestenian President Abbas signed a unity pact with Hamas. The Israeli PM Natanyahu was very explicit
"We will not negotiate with a government backed by Hamas,"
www.sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/news/2014_04_27/Israel-will-not-negotiate-with-Hamas-backed-Palestinian-govt-Netanyahu-6925/

In May 2014, Israeli PM Benjamin Natanyahu was very explicit when he said Hamas is a terrorist group and Israel won't discuss any peace talk with the group.
I negotiate with an enemy who wants to stop me once I make peace. An enemy who wants to destroy you, remains committed to your obliteration is not someone you can negotiate with. You don’t negotiate with al Qaeda. You don’t negotiate with the latter day king, with Baghdadi, because these people want to destroy you."
"You know, we can talk to those Palestinians who want to live in peace with us. We can have disagreements about borders and so on. But fundamentally, we want to shape a common future of peace with each other. With Hamas, that calls for eradication. There’s nothing to discuss."
www.globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2014/10/05/netanyahu-on-whether-israel-should-negotiate-with-hamas/

2. USA Don't Negotiate With Terrorists:
It is on record that American government has NEVER negotiated with any terrorist group for them to embrace peace. America has never negotiated with Hamas, ISIS, Alqaeda, Al Shabaab, Taliban Boko Haram etc. Once a group is listed as Foreign Terrorist Organisation (FTO) by the US government, the group will Never be negotiated with in a bid to stop their criminal act.

Prisoner Swap Argument:
The author came up with prisoner swap negotation between America/Israel and terrorists groups to drive home his baseless point. The fact is that every citizen of America and Israel is very important to their respective government. Whenever any American or Israeli is captured by any terrorist group the government step in and do all within their powers to secure their release including direct and indirect negotiation for their release. The KEY here is release of their citizen held hostage. They don't mind swapping 10000 prisoners in their bid to release ONE American or Israeli (as the case may be.)
However, they DON'T pay ransom. They don't negotiate with terrorists to embrace peace.

On Buhari Negotiation With BH Terrorist
Buhari's proposal is to negotiate with terrorist Boko Haram to embrace "peace" is so unheard of and very wrong. He is not negotiating for the release of any hostage but for peace to reign? This is pathetice and unheard of in any decent society.

...Against His Pre-election Pledge
In fact, it goes against the pre-election pledge of President when he spoke on the issue in February this year at Chatham House, london. In his own word he maintained that will be unfair to the system...
“I think I will not go to that office with that promise. I have said in my address how, at least 13,000 Nigerians have been killed by Boko Haram, how millions of them have been displaced and are now kept in different camps called Internally Displaced Persons camps.
“Schools have been burnt, there is so much disruption to normal life; people cannot farm and where they are able to farm, they cannot harvest. So, granting amnesty to Boko Haram will be unfair to the system.”
www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-grant-amnesty-to-boko-haram-buhari/
There is nowhere in any sane world where government "appeals" to TERRORIST to negotiation and embrace peace.

Buhari Should Learn From Kenya
If Buhari cannot learn from the USA and Israel, he should learn from Kenya.
In response to Alshabaab attack on Kenyans in April 2015, President Kenyatta of Kenya was very tough in his response. He never sued for peace with the terrorist nor entertain any thought of negotiation. His response was clear...
"My administration shall respond in the severest way possible to the attack and any other attack to us,"
www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/04/kenyan-leader-vows-rein-al-shabab-massacre-150404152849179.html

Goodluck Jonathan's Proposal:
Jonathan always maintained that he won't negotiate with BH. However, the Northern elders including Sultan, Shetima, Buhari etc continued to mount pressure on him in 2013. Same 2013 he agreed to the idea on condition that the group show themselves. This decision angered a section of Nigerians especially in the south. Nevertheless, it motivated BH and Shekau came out to say he's the one that should forgive Nigerians and not the other way round.
Goodluck Jonathan administration in 2014 announced that a deal was done with BH for the release of Chibok girls/temporal ceasefire. BH the next day bombed the NE and till date no girl has been released. From that moment, the Military under Jonathan went full blown against the terrorists and recordÉd huge success before handing over power. Jonathan learnt in a hard way that "You don't negotiate with terrorists".

The ONLY Way For Peace:
If the terrorists or any of their sponsors want peace they should unconditionally surrender their arms and repent from their evil deeds. They should turn a new leaf and Nigerians will tell them "Go and Sin No More". But we MUST not negotiate nor reward them with a kobo from Nigeria treasury.

I urge Nigerians not to be carried away by the deception of Buharists to reward terrorists in the name of negotiation. We should be vigilant and never be cowed via propaganda. God shall spare our lives. We shall overcome. We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists.

God Bless Us All

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Okay.
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by shakazuldadon: 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
there are few people who make sense on NL with their posts/arguments. The OP of this post is one of them.

I expect a rejoinder from the buharists soonest and I expect it to be as intelligent as this one.

BY THE WAY IS OMENKA EATING HIS WORDS/VOMIT: see screen shot below.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
ma read
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
Am with u on this.. The presidency should do away with that thought..U can't and should never negotiate with terrorists...Never

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
We don't negotiate with child murderers, suicide bombers, We will match them Force for Force

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Rose2014: 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
The mere thought of Negotiating with BH is another broken promise from Buhari

Like someone earlier pointed

"America was negotiating to free a captive not for the terrorists to drop their arms, if Buhari's govt said they are open to negotiation to free the chibok girls or all the people in captive, good and fine. But negotiating to stop fighting i havent heard before"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
Passing by!!!!
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
The President needs to wake up from slumber and stop this massacre of minority christians going on in North East

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by shininglite(m): 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
A terrorist would always protect the intrest of a fellow terrorist

Ño single fight against boko haram since may 29

"buhari is a terrorist " - el rufai

Lemme see hw his online dogs would deny d truth in dis well articulated write up

Nice one barcanista

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by socialmediaman: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
In Adeshina's words:

“If they are willing, why not? You know attempts have been made for negotiations in the past and they didn’t work.

This sounds more like a personal opinion, I would rather wait to hear the president's reaction to this statement, this would give a better insight as to what the proposed terms of the alleged negotiation would be.

Let's not forget that the presidency has not issued any official statement about any proposed negotiation with the insurgent group

This is my opinion on this issue
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
We don't negotiate with child murderers, suicide bombers, We will match them Force for Force
Gbam! We should face them even if it cost us the whole of our resources.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by merbenko: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
Better
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
Barcanista, i love you, no homo. you just nailed it...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
Terrorism everywhere is not stopped with roundtable discussions or a slap on the wrist. If we don't deal decisively with this terrorist now then tomorrow they will be @ the fringes of the Atlantic

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2015
Typing
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by agarawu23(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
barcanista:
Gbam! We should face them even if it cost us the whole of our resources.
The president is still dancing with raffia palms on his waist wishing that this war will end tomorrow failing to understand that terrorism is fought from diffrent angles.
I've not heard PmB setting up committe to ascertain tthe remote and immediate cause of bokoHaram

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The president is still dancing with raffia palms on his waist wishing that this war will end tomorrow.
He better respect himself and keep to his promise of ending BH on or before 29 July.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by UnknownT: 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
I, UnknownT endorse(110% endorsement) this thread for frontpage. NL Mods and admin take note

I keep saying it, all these people that won't allow Buhari talk for himself will end up creating more gaffes for his government. From his media boys to APC guys. This latest negotiation gaffe was said by one of his media boys, he should know how to be diplomatic in answering this kind of question and not end up damaging things. I expect Garba(who appears more experienced,he goofs too though) to try to quench the fire Femi created by trying to interpret what Femi meant by the negotiation thing.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
agarawu23:
your reply is here already https://www.nairaland.com/2425564/boko-haram-defence-govts-position
dearpreye, mogidi, firefie, CR77 whynotthetruth mizmycoli
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by kentAire(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
barcanista TIBRA!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by UnknownT: 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
Rose2014:
The mere thought of Negotiating with BH is another broken promise from Buhari

Like someone earlier pointed

"America was negotiating to free a captive not for the terrorists to drop their arms, if Buhari's govt said they are open to negotiation to free the chibok girls or all the people in captive, good and fine. But negotiating to stop fighting i havent heard before"

UnknownT:
Omenka, America was negotiating to free a captive not for the terrorists to drop their arms, if Buhari's govt said they are open to negotiation to free the chibok girls or all the people in captive, good and fine. But negotiating to stop fighting i havent heard before

Lol, thats my comment, i even had to modify the post, add the op's name but till now he didnt counter me

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by agarawu23(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
dearpreye, mogidi, firefie, CR77 whynotthetruth mizmycoli
stop pitching your tent with barcanista, he will use and dump you at the end. cheesy

come and dine with us and you have nothing to regret wink

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
shininglite:
A terrorist would always protect the intrest of a fellow terrorist

So single fight against boko haram since may 29

"buhari is a terrorist " - el rufai

Lemme see hw his online dogs would deny d truth in dis well articulated write up

Nice one barcanista
God. Bless you brother
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Bugatie(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
Buhari should put that negotiation in his pocket!
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Slynonny(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
We don't negotiate with Terrorists.
Mr Mouth Action be warned.
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Emekamex(m): 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Typing...
Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
UnknownT:
I, UnknownT endorse(110% endorsement) this thread for frontpage. NL Mods and admin take note
Unknowntroll has spoken grin

Cc: Lalasticlala ishilove Seun

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2015

"Senator" Barcanista!

Sit Down! I said, Shut Up And Sit Down!

Who told you Boko Haram are terrorists?
Do you think they are as silly as the useless Niger Militants from your creeks?

Do you think they are as brainless as those shouting for Biafra?

Those BH guys have legitimate reasons to fight.
They are only misguided. In case you don't know, they are the misguided brothers of the President and Commander in Chief.
You must mind the way you insult them.

Mind your utterances against the Fulani herdsmen. They are fighting a just course.
You cannot expect them to keep quiet when they are provoked.

Yes, even if Mr Presido CHANGE his position, what is your problem with it?
This administration is about CHANGE. So,it is not a crime if the President CHANGE his mind,

Don't get me upset before I burn down this thread.

Where is Seun?
I will burn down Nairaland soon. Warn Barcanista and folks like him.
**************************************************************************************

Emm folks, please take no offense.
It is still me, the Noblezone.
I was only operating on a "progressive" mode.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
Oga adesina is the Mouthpiece of President Buhari. His words represent that of buhari. So which official statement are you waiting for? Anyway, we don't negotiate with terrorists
socialmediaman:
In Adeshina's words:

This sounds more like a personal opinion, I would rather wait to hear the president's reaction to this statement, this would give a better insight as to what the proposed terms of the alleged negotiation would be.

Let's not forget that the presidency has not issued any official statement about any proposed negotiation with the insurgent group

This is my opinion on this issue

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Proposed BH Negotiation: "We Don't Negotiate With Terrorists" by kayo80(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burial Photographs Of Lt. Col Mohammed Abu Ali / Yahaya Bello's Appointment As APC National Youth Coordinator Is Deserving - BAN / We Can Build In Difficult Times, Tinubu Tells South-south APC Stakeholders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.