Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun (818 Views)

Opadokun, Yoruba Leaders Collected Dollars From Abiola’s Killers – Al-mustapha / Nans President Blows Hot Fire: Say South Africans Must Leave Nigeria On Tuesday / FLASHBACK: Don Jazzy Regrets Voting GEJ!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by truthispainful: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
The attention of Mr. Ayo Opadokun has been drawn to the falsehood published against his person as contained in The Pilot of Sunday, 28th June, 2015 on the support of the South-West for President Muhammadu Buhari in the last presidential election.

The newspaper was said to have quoted Opadokun as saying that the Yoruba, South-West Nigeria have expressed regrets over their votes for President Buhari to emerge the winner of the March 28, 2015 presidential election.

The said publication is, to say the least, a figment of the imagination of the writer as Opadokun did not at anytime make such a statement to any news medium anywhere.

The elder statesman who was out of Lagos at the time of the publication of this utter falsehood by The Pilot stated: ‘’ I did not grant any interview nor talk to any Pilot reporter at anytime, anywhere. It is a blatant lie and irresponsible journalism for any newspaper to publish such a malicious fiction.’’

It is quite disappointing that the Fourth Estate has now been taken over by people who know little or next to nothing about the ethics of the journalism profession and can, therefore, do any dirty job for filthy lucre.

It is equally unfortunate and an insult to the memory of the late foremost nationalist and elder statesman, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe that The Pilot which apparently seeks to keep alive, the memory of the famous West African Pilot published by the great Zik of Africa is now neck-deep in reactionary practices, the very anti-thesis of the real Pilot.

Prince Tunde Adeleke

Signed.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by Ofeakwu(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ok
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by ThimmyWood(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
We go inform Buhari.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by Emekamex(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
Typing...
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by psucc(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
But it is implied not directly said.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by owobokiri(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Opadokun? The NADECO guy? You intentionally create a monster, then when it starts to devour you, you start dramatising your 'sophistication' by starting off crude protests. This is how Akintola ran to the north to strike a so called "working relationship" that led to "operation wetie", street fights, mayhem and eventually the truncating of the first republic! Awolowo went with the north again in 1967, rocketing political buffoons like Gowon and Murtala to power , making the norrth the head of this Animal farm and effectively leading to a northern military/civilian domination of Nigerias politics till 1999. In between, Abiola helped babangida to power while the whole South West political leaders begged Abacha to step in 1993. Abacha did and sarted killing them as usual and they invented NADECO. Now, they have rocketed buhari to power. He is about dumping them. Next is to start maiming them. They are about to activate their rascally brand of NADECO politics. Next is to jump out through seme border into different world capitals , castigsting everybody while tarnishing the image of the country. Our dangerously sophisticated brothers. . Trouble go dey, inyanga go go wake am

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by dayo23(f): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2015
Brb to comment
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by kayo80(m): 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
So much fake news flying around these days. I have stopped talking about issues reported till a couple of fays have passed, and it has been confirmed that the information is legit.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by kayo80(m): 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
owobokiri:
Opadokun? The NADECO guy? You intentionally create a monster, then when it starts to devour you, you start dramatising your 'sophistication' by starting off crude protests. This is how Akintola ran to the north to strike a so called "working relationship" that led to "operation wetie", street fights, mayhem and eventually the truncating of the first republic! Awolowo went with the north again in 1967, rocketing political buffoons like Gowon and Murtala to power , making the norrth the head of this Animal farm and effectively leading to a northern military/civilian domination of Nigerias politics till 1999. In between, Abiola helped babangida to power while the whole South West political leaders begged Abacha to step in 1993. Abacha did and sarted killing them as usual and they invented NADECO. Now, they have rocketed buhari to power. He is about dumping them. Next is to start maiming them. They are about to activate their rascally brand of NADECO politics. Next is to jump out through seme border into different world capitals , castigsting everybody while tarnishing the image of the country. Our dangerously sophisticated brothers. . Trouble go dey, inyanga go go wake am

Quit living in the past.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Hope saTANoids, BreakingTimes and their conglomerate of wailing wailers can hear this.

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by MrPresident1: 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
owobokiri:

Stop lying and grow a brain. Igbos are they ones who betrayed the south and created the opportunity for Tinubu's glorification and Buhari's ascendance. Igbo greed is the root of how the south lost power.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2015
I am not surprised... Pilot newspaper is owned by Bukola Saraki.
Re: I Did Not Say South-west Regrets Voting For Buhari - Ayo Opadokun by owobokiri(m): 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
MrPresident1:

Stop lying and grow a brain. Igbos are they ones who betrayed the south and created the opportunity for Tinubu's glorification and Buhari's ascendance. Igbo greed is the root of how the south lost power.

Tell me more. .

(1) (Reply)

Wahala Dey For Imo State / Mexican Drug Lord Joaquin 'el Chapo' Guzman Escapes Jail / I Chose Yar’adua Because Others Were Corrupt –obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.