Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format (1087 Views)

NAIJ.COM Wordpress Mobile Theme Coded Check Demo Here, See For Yourself / How Can I Submit Paid Articles To Naij.com Or Premium Times / What Wordpress Theme Naij.com Using? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format by Orikinla(m): 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
I have been in the news media before the emrgence of online news media and social media networks, because from mainstream journalism I moved to online journalism through blogging and my first news blog Nigerian Times became very popular immediately I started it in 2005. I became the first Nigerian blogger to join the highly esteemed Online News Association and became one of the screeners of the annual Online Journalists Awards. I have screened and rated entries from the biggest online news channels in the world in the competition. The best Nigerian online news portals are owned by the mainstream news media, like Vanguard, The Punch, The Guardian and ThisDay Live. Their news websites are online versions of the newspapers with reports written by professional journalists and no Johnny Just Come (JJC) blogger can compete with them in the professional strandards of best practice in modern journalism. The popularity of some gossip bloggers and political rumour mongers on the internet cannot make them the best news reporters or columnists in Nigeria, because majority of these bloggers and copy and paste copycats of journalists don't even have good command of English grammar and cannot write good news report. Many of them want to hide under the camouflage of Citizen Journalism, but cannot even define it. So, when Naij.com suddenly became the most visited Nigerian news website and with the most downloaded Nigerian news app, I was attracted to see what the buzz was all about and my associate, a seasoned journalist and former Chairman of the Editorial Board of a leading daily newspaper also evaluated Naij.com. And we did not see anything new or special on the news website. There is nothing on it that you cannot find more of it on The Punch, Vanguard, Sunnonline and ThisDay Live. In fact, Naij.com has less content than Nairaland that remains the largest Nigerian news hub on the internet. So, how did Naij.com overtake them to become the most visited Nigerian news website? Naij.com has been spending a lot of money using widespread online advertising more than any other Nigerian news website or blog. And the more money you spend to advertise for traffic on the internet, the more visitors you will receive just like those who buy more Likes on Facebook and more Followers on Twitter. On the internet, you can make your website or blog the most popular and the most visited overnight once you can pay for the traffic. Unknown to most Nigerians, I review sites for Alexa Rankings and if you can afford it, you can boost your Alexa Rankings from the bottom to the top within weeks. You can pay for 2 million visits weekly. It is more about your budget than content. So, with big budget for regular online advertising and marketing campaigns, Naij.com will continue to attract more Nigerians and others on the internet even if the content is the same news on other news websites and blogs. Channels TV online remains the #1 Nigerian breaking news website and not the other websites who simply copy and post breaking news from others and claim that they are breaking the already broken news on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format by BrytSky: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
pls whr cn i download Hardley Chase ebooks for jar.format?! Tnks...
Re: Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format by ZeezaRapture(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Interesting but, i will comment later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format by EmQueen: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
so. what is the message in your content? Naij did nt ask to compete with these brands, they simply put their mouth were their money lies, and lo...they are up there today.
Re: Naij.com Does Not Offer Anything New In Content And Format by Mjuliet: 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
Most of Nigerian blog hardly find time to advertise their blog.... Same with nairaland.com, lindaikejiblog.
they all eat all revenue generated on their sites without setting apart any for investment (advertisement)
I read a review which said that 5 in every 7 Nigerian have visited or have an account on Facebook while 2 in every 7 Nigerian visits nairaland.com
Facebook became what it is today because of the huge money they spend on advertisement.
Advert is the key..

(1) (Reply)

SECRET OF SETTING Up Facebook Fan Page And Getting Thousands Of Free Likes Insta / 15k Facebook Group For Sale... 4k / Reliable Website Hosting With Litespeed SSD For 3500/year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.