Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! (1051 Views)

Soul-winning: A Mark Of Life / Pastor Anita Ebodaghe: "Soul Winning" (Talking About False Prophets) / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! by Gombs(m): 5:04am On Jul 05, 2015
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

As a Christian, preaching the Gospel isn't something you choose to do or not to do; you're called to a life of soul-winning; it's your primary responsibility on earth. 2 Corinthians 5:18 says God has reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. The ministry of the Gospel has been committed to your trust. So, fulfil your ministry in the Gospel.

All that a man needs to do, to partake in all that Jesus has made available, is to believe the Gospel. The power of the Gospel only works for those who believe: "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Romans 10:10). But then, the Bible says in Romans 10:14: "...how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Titus 1:3 tells us that God has in due time manifested His Word through preaching, which is committed to us as a commandment, as an instruction. Preaching the Gospel is your solemn responsibility.

Your commitment to the Lord must reflect in your dedication to the preaching of the Gospel. Paul the Apostle was emphatic in his commitment to the Gospel; he said in 1 Corinthians 9:16 (MSG) "If I proclaim the Message, it's not to get something out of it for myself. I'm compelled to do it, and doomed if I don't!" Preaching the Gospel isn't something you do because it's convenient; it's required of you; it's your number one Kingdom responsibility. Therefore, be faithful in it: "Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful" (1 Corinthians 4:1-2).
Re: As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! by Jamean(f): 6:26am On Jul 05, 2015
Mark 16:15
And he said to them, go ye into all the world and preach the word to all creatures.

Now, this is a commandment to believers.

I John 5:3
For this is the love of God that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

We win souls out of the love we have for God, knowing that he loved us first.
Compulsion sounds like a word attributed with force and strict authority.

Everything about salvation and Christianity is born out of love.
Re: As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! by ElDeeVee(m): 6:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Jamean:

And he said to them, go ye into all the world and preach the word to all creatures.

Now this is a commandment to believers.

For this is the love of God that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Ride on pastor

1 Like

Re: As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! by Gombs(m): 10:19am On Jul 05, 2015
Jamean:

Now, this is a commandment to believers.

Very apt and concise. Thanks
Re: As A Christian, Soul Winning Is A Compulsion, Not A Choice! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
preaching alone is not enough add "Discipleship to it". What i mean is that after you pratice Mark16:15,Add Matt28:17-18 to it.
Evangelism+ discipleship

(1) (Reply)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Mike Murdock Gave A Sex-scandal-plagued Nigerian Pastor $1million And A Rolls-ro / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/06/16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.