Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? (630 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said 'I AM'? / What Does Jesus Meant When He Said, “except A Man Be Born Again…”? / What Did Jesus Meant When He Said; Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by pBuhari(f): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2015
I have been reading books since my primary school days till now but have never read a book that is tasking as reading my BIBLE.
Many passages of the scripture tends to be difficult and complex to understand.

One of those passages is Matthew 5:48 that Jesus was speaking to the mutitude that came to listen to his wise words.

Though, he said many complex/proverbial words but one of such is when he said thus, ''Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect'' Matthew 5:48 .

My question now is, how can we be perfect in this polluted world and how can we know that we have attained that 'perfection'?
Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by Goldmaxx(f): 7:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by 175(m): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2015
That you should run away from sin. . .

.Walk Away by Renne

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 05, 2015
"And they asked him 'who then can be saved?' and he answered and said yee unto them "With men these things are not possible but with God all things are possible"

Brother you only have to live by Faith on the answer Jesus give above. One thing Christ said emphatically and plainly "All that the Father gave me I will raise up the last day". No sure heaven is yours and care less about living by your power but more about Faith.
Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by pBuhari(f): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2015
starlingslimnet:
"And they asked him 'who then can be saved?' and he answered and said yee unto them "With men these things are not possible but with God all things are possible"

Brother you only have to live by Faith on the answer Jesus give above. One thing Christ said emphatically and plainly "All that the Father gave me I will raise up the last day". No sure heaven is yours and care less about living by your power but more about Faith.

Thanks for your contribution
Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by Starships4u(m): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2015
Pls ask him, no one is his interpreter......
Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 05, 2015
Be ye perfect to me means we at all time,should endeavour to do thing right,and be of best to our ability..

And also try to walk the ways of the Lord,by being righteous,because our God is a righteous God,and He's perfect.

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by twosquare(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2015
pBuhari:
I have been reading books since my primary school days till now but have never read a book that is tasking as reading my BIBLE.
Many passages of the scripture tends to be difficult and complex to understand.

One of those passages is Matthew 5:48 that Jesus was speaking to the mutitude that came to listen to his wise words.

Though, he said many complex/proverbial words but one of such is when he said thus, ''Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect'' Matthew 5:48 .

My question now is, how can we be perfect in this polluted world and how can we know that we have attained that 'perfection'?

He meant what he said. Be ye perfect. Same words were spoken unto Abraham. In other words, behave as God would behave. Any man who befriends thieves will one day steal. A man who befriends God will one day behave like God in the end. So, it is possible. Jesus was the prototype of God's perfection for Man and that which men can attain; a perfection that's higher than the angels. No wonder we are told in Hebrews that we should consider our heavenly calling. We have been called unto His perfection. Perfection is possible if we all yield. Why we are struggling is because we are not yielding and forces will come against you when you want to be like the Father.

Be ye perfect- Be like Him in all things.

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Meant When He Said ''be Ye Perfect''? by pBuhari(f): 10:23am On Jul 05, 2015
twosquare:
He meant what he said. Be ye perfect. Same words were spoken unto Abraham. In other words, behave as God would behave. Any man who befriends thieves will one day steal. A man who befriends God will one day behave like God in the end. So, it is possible. Jesus was the prototype of God's perfection for Man and that which men can attain; a perfection that's higher than the angels. No wonder we are told in Hebrews that we should consider our heavenly calling. We have been called unto His perfection. Perfection is possible if we all yield. Why we are struggling is because we are not yielding and forces will come against you when you want to be like the Father.

Be ye perfect- Be like Him in all things.

Thank you for the contribution

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When You Think You're ALL And ALL (pix) / Anti-gay Nigerian Bishop Appointed To Head Global Anglican Church / Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.