Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why Did God Create Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Create Man? (1315 Views)

Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / Why Would God Create Disease-Causing Bacteria? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Create Man? by FeestoNOVA(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2015
Before you go ahead reading this write up do have it at the back of mind that I do solemnly believe in God and this is a LOGICALLY write up with no intention to cause any religious drama. With that been said let me share what I have with you.
Most times I wonder why God created this world, why did GOD create man just to live and then die? I also wonder if it would have been different if Adam and Eve had stayed away from the forbidden fruit or if GOD hadn’t created eve, could we be sitting next to lions and snakes knowing that they can’t arm us? What if we were not even suppose to be in Garden of Eden? What if GOD is not who He says He His or what if everything happening now is just is way of entertaining Himself?
PLEASE before you read further put aside your religion as am not writing this to cause any religious dispute, this is a mere thought with some LOGICAL reasoning behind it. The question I will like to ask you is “how can we truly prove that GOD is omniscience?” (The all knower). Don’t get me wrong am not saying GOD is not the all knower or the Master of the world, am only saying what if we only see him that way because we have been made to believe so. For those of you that are still reading this write up with your religious mind please I suggest you put that on hold because that is when you can truly understand the concept of this write up. When God wanted to create man HE told his angels about his plan and some of them tried to convince him not to but he made it clear that he was going to do so because HE knows what they don’t know(please correct me if am wrong). Another thing that was said was that before the creation of man GOD created heavens and earth normally I would have love to ask where was GOD before he created the heavens and the earth and where were the angels during the creation because we were only told that the whole creation lasted for six day but I will leave that for you to deal with.
From what we were told, after GOD created Adam, HE told his entire angel to bow and one refuse and we all know how the story ended. if GOD truly knows everything that means HE knew Satan was going to disobey, my question is this “why did GOD allow Satan to disobey him? We were also told that minus the fact that man was created from dust/sand, angels were created from light and the other thing that make us unique and different is the freewill to do whatever we choose unlike the angels who have to obey HIM at all time(correct me if am wrong). Satan was an angel and he was suppose to always obey God but he didn’t and my question is “what made him disobey God, was it freewill?”
I agree to the fact that God has all the knowledge about what will and would happen but then ask yourself why didn’t He compel Satan to obey him since he already knew Satan was going to disobey him unless someone will LOGICALLY agree with me that HE didn’t actually know that Satan was going to disobey Him or maybe that was how He wanted it. Skipping further to when God created Eve so that Adam won’t feel lonely in the garden, God told them not to eat from a certain forbidden tree but they did. As the master of the universe, the knower of that in which man doesn’t know, why didn’t he stop eve from eating the fruit because am assuming he already knew Satan was going to tempt Eve and she will eat the fruit. He knew Eve will fall for Satan and still He didn’t do anything to stop it, now this brings me back to the question of “why did God create man?” The religious people will say to serve him and praise him. I will say He created us for entertainment I mean think about it, He has angels who are compelled to do his wish, why then create humans to do the same?” “Why give human the choice to be able to disobey or worship him, if all he wanted is for us to praise Him?” The world is full of evil and God knows about it even before it started, so was this His plan, was this what He wanted when He created the earth? To me I think we are all been played by God and He is enjoying it unless someone can give me a factual reason why God allowed this world to be like this if not I would say maybe he never knew it was going to be like this or He knew and decide to enjoy the fun while it last.
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by menesheh(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2015
Pausing one's god concept to read your post undecided

That's the question all religions have absolute answers to, from small cultural believes to larger ones.

On a base level we could say that everything in the universe has a purpose. A goat has a purpose to make more goats and be food for coyotes. My elbow has a purpose to allow my arm to pivot. My nose has the purpose of smell. If we take every material part of the universe and break it down to smaller levels we see that it all has some purpose or function. Our cells have purpose to enable us to live. When we look at bigger pictures we see entire species that interact and can provide a purpose for other organisms to survive like plants and animals. There seems to be a natural purpose for everything in nature.

With the working process of the universe that seemed purposeful, man's existence here which is 0.0000000.001 percent of the little perceived reality of the content of the universe was highjacked by creationists as the only greatest purpose amongst all.
But the reality on ground shows complete opposite to those purposeful assertions. Am still on the opinion that religion nor science should not assert absolute certainty of their respective postulations and findings.

Science posses the open-mindedness of following where the evidences leads not being dogmatic. Which is why i follow science to some extent.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Create Man? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 05, 2015
God had good plans for humans,till Satan came to truncate the plan,and man has to bear the consequence of his disobedience to God.

God is a loving God,he allows man make choice of serving him
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by OgundeleT(m): 8:23am On Jul 05, 2015
Yomieluv:
God had good plans for humans,till Satan came to truncate the plan,and man has to bear the consequence of his disobedience to God.

God is a loving God,he allows man make choice of serving him
ur claim just prove that God is not omniscient, so God doesnt know satan will truncate his good work? Also, why will he allow man to make a choice when he know (or may be he doesnt know) that man may choose wrong path and their destination is hell if they do, or does he like to burn human being?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Man? by hahn(m): 8:34am On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:
undecided

I like this your SB tactic. Did you train on mount ftc?
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by menesheh(m): 8:37am On Jul 05, 2015
hahn:

I like this your SB tactic. Did you train on mount ftc?

Yes
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by hahn(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

Yes

Your sensei must be introvert
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by CaptainJune: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2015
Op, your post only goes to prove how your little (our actually) mind cannot fathom the ways of God.

Let me correct many wrong notions in your write-up.

Angels also have free will just as man has. That's why after Lucifer rebelled along with his angels another set of angels rebelled against God by sleeping with women (Genesis 6:1-4). If angels obeyed God like machines, there wouldn't have been any history of angelic rebellion let alone sin.

Bowing to man is not the reason Lucifer rebelled. He coveted the throne and influence of God. He nurtured pride which brought about his fall (Isaiah 14:12-21).

God has nature. One of the aspects of His nature is love, another is wisdom, another is might and so on. Qualities of God. However, as important as these qualities of God are His just (Deuteronomy 32:4) and terrible nature (Psalm 47:2). His just nature makes Him create something or someone even when He well knows they will disobey Him and cause havoc and destruction. By creating them He gives the bad a fair chance of existence as He does the good. His terrible nature makes Him the terrible, fearful God He is when He punishes or when in judgment in the afterlife. That just nature of His made Him create Lucifer and the myriads of angels that rebelled against Him.

Yes man was created much different from angels. God created angels from light but He made man in His own image, that's to have His characteristics, resemblance, dominion..to resemble Him (Genesis 1:26, Romans 8:17). That's why the Bible calls man gods, a statement confirmed by Jesus Christ in the New Testament (John 10:34, Psalm 82:6). God the Father created or 'gave birth' to His children, gods. Man is much much greater in position and authority than the angels. It's only man that God created to be a little lower than Him (Psalm 8:5). In case you don't know, man will judge the world and angels.....(1 Corinthians 6:2-3)to be contd
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by CaptainJune: 9:15am On Jul 05, 2015
Yet He subjected man to a period of 'testing'. God created man but He knew that not all men would accept Him. This is why He permitted the devil to try man (James 1:12, Psalms 66:10).

Why did God create man? God created man to fellowship with Him, to be close to Him, to be His heirs, to rule and have dominion like Him over everything He has created and yet to create. God created man to have an exalted position on earth and in His kingdom. If God wanted only praises He wouldn't have had any need to create man; the mountains, flowers, fishes of the sea, birds of the air, beasts, insects, clouds, sun, moon, stars, the galaxy, everything that has breath and everything that doesn't all praise Him continually (Psalm 148, Revelation 5:13).

Why did God create man on earth? Why didn't He create man in heaven? He placed man on earth and permitted the devil to try man for a very good reason. Man is only on earth to decide who he will spend eternity with. God does not force Himself on anyone. It is up to you to choose Him or choose the devil. However, He lets you know where the devil will spend his eternity so that you don't make the same choice. Sadly, people still choose the devil.

God knows the end way before the beginning began to begin. That does not mean He never reacts emotionally to the wrong choices we make; that does not mean He never gets angry or sad or weep since He already knew the outcome. God's nature is so so much different from ours that many people doubt His omniscient nature. It is one thing to know what will happen, it is quite another thing to see it happening which is quite heartbreaking. However, whatever happens He is always in full control. Nothing happens that takes Him by surprise because He has created the solution even before the problem exists, yet He will not force people to accept His solution to their problems.

This is all I have to say as regards this issue. if you have anything to ask, feel free to ask.
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by menesheh(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2015
hahn:

Your sensei must be introvert

Am good at what I do and I accepted the way you addressed me with passion.

why use the word introvert?
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by hahn(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

Am good at what I do and I accepted the way you addressed me with passion.

why use the word introvert?

I'm referring to the "introvert" moniker. She has been taking over all ftc spots on nairaland recently. It was intended to be a joke
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by menesheh(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2015
hahn:

I'm referring to the "introvert" moniker. She has been taking over all ftc spots on nairaland recently. It was intended to be a joke

ow k.

This emoji grin is always good to represent jokes to avoid misrepresentation.
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by hahn(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

ow k.

This emoji grin is always good to represent jokes to avoid misrepresentation.

grin
grin
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by menesheh(m): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2015
CaptainJune:
Op, your post only goes to prove how your little (our actually) mind cannot fathom the ways of God.

Angels also have free will just as man has. That's why after Lucifer rebelled along with his angels another set of angels rebelled against God by sleeping with women. If angels obeyed God like machines, there wouldn't have been any history of angelic rebellion let alone sin.

Bowing to man is not the reason Lucifer rebelled. He coveted the throne and influence of God. He nurtured pride which brought about his fall.

God has nature. One of the aspects of His nature is love, another is wisdom, another is might and so on. Qualities of God. However, as important as these qualities of God are His just and terrible nature. His just nature makes Him create something or someone even when He well knows they will disobey Him and cause havoc and destruction. By creating them He gives the bad a fair chance of existence as He does the good. His terrible nature makes Him the terrible, fearful God He is when He punishes or when in judgment in the afterlife. That just nature of His made Him create Lucifer and the myriads of angels that rebelled against Him.

Yes man was created much different from angels. God created angels from light but He made man in His own image, that's to have His characteristics, resemblance, dominion..to resemble Him. That's why the Bible calls man gods, a statement confirmed by Jesus Christ in the New Testament. God the Father created or 'gave birth' to His children, gods. Man is much much greater in position and authority than the angels. It's only man that God created to be a little lower than Him. In case you don't know, man will judge the world and angels.....to be contd

lucifer this and that. Which mechanism do you employ to validate that the lucifer fairy is not like other myths of it's kind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Man? by Orunto: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2015
God created Man in order that He, God, might have His Image move physically around the Universe and continue His Work of Creation. This is why He calls Men God on Earth. Men are "Orisas" if they know. The Sun is our Task Master for God in Heaven. And God made them so.
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by scarr: 10:45am On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:
Pausing one's god concept to read your post undecided

That's the question all religions have absolute answers to, from small cultural believes to larger ones.

On a base level we could say that everything in the universe has a purpose. A goat has a purpose to make more goats and be food for coyotes. My elbow has a purpose to allow my arm to pivot. My nose has the purpose of smell. If we take every material part of the universe and break it down to smaller levels we see that it all has some purpose or function. Our cells have purpose to enable us to live. When we look at bigger pictures we see entire species that interact and can provide a purpose for other organisms to survive like plants and animals. There seems to be a natural purpose for everything in nature.

With the working process of the universe that seemed purposeful, man's existence here which is 0.0000000.001 percent of the little perceived reality of the content of the universe was highjacked by creationists as the only greatest purpose amongst all.
But the reality on ground shows complete opposite to those purposeful assertions. Am still on the opinion that religion nor science should not assert absolute certainty of their respective postulations and findings.

Science posses the open-mindedness of following where the evidences leads not being dogmatic. Which is why i follow science to some extent.

May u b highly favoured for that bolded statement.....d mystery in dis world is still unphatomable

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Create Man? by CaptainJune: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

lucifer this and that. Which mechanism do you employ to validate that the lucifer fairy is not like other myths of it's kind.
You mean a scientific method to verify the reality of the spiritual realm?
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by menesheh(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
CaptainJune:
You mean a scientific method to verify the reality of the spiritual realm?

You may not refer to your method as scientific but it should be explainable and plausible mechanisms so as to accommodate the reality of time, space and matter because anything outside space, time and matter is fantasies and delusion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did God Create Man? by OgundeleT(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
CaptainJune:

Angels also have free will just as man has. That's why after Lucifer rebelled along with his angels another set of angels rebelled against God by sleeping with women. If angels obeyed God like machines, there wouldn't have been any history of angelic rebellion let alone sin.

Bowing to man is not the reason Lucifer rebelled. He coveted the throne and influence of God. He nurtured pride which brought about his fall.

God has nature. One of the aspects of His nature is love, another is wisdom, another is might and so on. Qualities of God. However, as important as these qualities of God are His just and terrible nature. His just nature makes Him create something or someone even when He well knows they will disobey Him and cause havoc and destruction. By creating them He gives the bad a fair chance of existence as He does the good. His terrible nature makes Him the terrible, fearful God He is when He punishes or when in judgment in the afterlife. That just nature of His made Him create Lucifer and the myriads of angels that rebelled against Him.

Yes man was created much different from angels. God created angels from light but He made man in His own image, that's to have His characteristics, resemblance, dominion..to resemble Him. That's why the Bible calls man gods, a statement confirmed by Jesus Christ in the New Testament. God the Father created or 'gave birth' to His children, gods. Man is much much greater in position and authority than the angels. It's only man that God created to be a little lower than Him. In case you don't know, man will judge the world and angels.....to be contd
Pls can u back all these ur claims with bible verses?
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by CaptainJune: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

You may not refer to your method as scientific but it should be explainable and plausible mechanisms so as to accommodate the reality of time, space and matter because anything outside space, time and matter is fantasies and delusion.

That, my friend, is where the problem lies. You can never explain the existence of the infinite by using the finite. You cannot explain the concept of forever using the tools of time, space and matter. Your result will lead to more confusion.

There are dimensions of reality, dimensions that are not subject to the physical procedures of verification. When they occur the world tags 'mystery' on them. The mystery behind them shows the utter inability of physical procedures to explain them. They exist outside the bounds of time, space and matter and they are still reality.

It is either you are ignorant of these mysteries that surround our universe or your definition of reality needs to undergo re-examination.

Whichever way, there is reality that time, space and matter cannot explain. Have you heard of the soul and the concept of forever?
Re: Why Did God Create Man? by CaptainJune: 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
OgundeleT:

Pls can u back all these ur claims with bible verses?

Was expecting someone to ask this question. Will definitely do that.

*edit*

Done

(1) (Reply)

Should Homosexuals Be Put To Death? / Heart-breaking Pictures Show Man Happy To Die For His Faith-"i'm Proud To Be A C / Who Was The Pharaoh Of The Exodus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.