Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? (2476 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / God And His Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 11:11am On Jul 05, 2015
many people have been arguing this. Some said that God is more reliable to heal while others said that medicine is faster and dependable.

The question now is God and medicine which of them will you trust most for your healing and why?
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by madridguy(m): 11:12am On Jul 05, 2015
Medicine

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2015
both work hand in hand
u cant absoncond ur treatment and say u are curing urself with prayer
cox wen u die n meet God he wil call u a fool! nd show u yaba left

2 Likes

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by ArchEnemy(m): 11:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Be it unto you according to your faith
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by piicity(m): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2015
OP WHAT IS UR RELIGEON 1ST BE4 I ANSWER YOU

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by menesheh(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
both work hand in hand

You are belittling the power of your god.

Forget medicine then pray.

You will be well.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by laurel03(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2015
We care but God cure....
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

You are belittling the power of your god.

Forget medicine then pray.

You will be well.

u got it all wrong...pls im not belittling d power of GOD
ok what abt u why take drugs wen u are sick why not pray and lev drug or havent u taken drugs in ur life undecided
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by menesheh(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

ok what abt u why take drugs wen u are sick why not pray and lev drug or havent u taken drugs in ur life undecided

I don't believe in ancient myth. I don't pray i deal with only drugs. If i get sick, i seek for medi care.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2015
God!!!! when you get sick please don't go to the hospital or take any medicine just pray, you will be fine cheesy
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

If prayers does the work, why then take medicine. what is the need of the medicine?

If medicine does the work, what then is the need of the prayer?

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Anas09: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
@Johnnydon. Am doing just that. Instead of drugs I take communion. Since I discovered what Jesus went through on the cross, I live in total wellness. Its not divine healing, although I have been healed divinely many times in the far past, but now am talking about divine health.
Many people are in church but the gospel is daily news to them. Some of us try to practice what we hear and it works. Don't believe me, I don't care. No any kind of medication, whether its eye drop or ear drop. No paracetamol, nothing.
What you don't know is bigger than you. Am not against medication, but I want to experience the power of God first hand, and am seeing it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
pBuhari:
many people have been arguing this. Some said that God is more reliable to heal while others said that medicine is faster and dependable.
The question now is God and medicine which of them will you trust most for your healing and why?
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
both work hand in hand

Poor comprehension -- read the question again and answer appropriately.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
pBuhari:
Lemme address these head on....
Medicine and God's intervention are two mutually exclusive phenomenon....
Strictly speaking, diseases and ailments are cured by medical intervention, which could be drugs or other forms of medical therapy....
This is not to say, that God does not play any role...
Its imperative to note, that drugs have a mechanism of action, which is in no way affected by prayers or all that stuff....
Lets not forget, even Luke, a disciple of Jesus, was a Doctor too.... He understood the importance of medicine in curing diseases.... As much as he had to divide time between his medical practice and attending to Jesus....
It would therefore be folly to fall sick and then refuse to take drugs or go to the hospital, simply cuz of belief....
I therefore cannot draw a distinction between Medicine and God, as to which is more i portant in a diseased patient....
Disease requires medical treatment....
Cheers...
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

Poor comprehension -- read the question again and answer appropriately.

i should be the one tell u that or are u blind?
because u should see that the first line on my comment answered d question

secondly.... ur name , u better bliv that GOD exists else ull be doomed!
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
Anas09:
@Johnnydon. Am doing just that. Instead of drugs I take communion. Since I discovered what Jesus went through on the cross, I live in total wellness. Its not divine healing, although I have been healed divinely many times in the far past, but now am talking about divine health.
Many people are in church but the gospel is daily news to them. Some of us try to practice what we hear and it works. Don't believe me, I don't care. No any kind of medication, whether its eye drop or ear drop. No paracetamol, nothing.
What you don't know is bigger than you. Am not against medication, but I want to experience the power of God first hand, and am seeing it.
I'd take it that you've either not had a serious illness, or the story above is incomplete....
Communion, to treat diseases....?
Ridiculous....
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:

If prayers does the work, why then take medicine. what is the need of the medicine?

If medicine does the work, what then is the need of the prayer?

both works but medicine has limit.. prayer starts where medicine stopd
hop its clear now undecided
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by wordcat(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
grin grin grin god cures grin grin grin
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

both works...
How did you come to that conclusion that prayer continues from where prayer stops...?
You're funny...
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

No, if prayer works no need for medicine. . . if medicine works no need for prayers.

Maybe you will let prayers operate on you when its needed. . .
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by frank317: 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

Lol where does medicine stop? The last time I was sick (seven years ogo by the way) I want to hospital and got myself treated. Where exactly does prayer start?
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

both works...
How did you come to that conclusion that prayer continues from where prayer stops...?
You're funny...

bro its common sense naa undecided
when u hear som1 say that... it means both are fine but one is better than d other

when u tell som1 that ur knowledge starts where his own stopped it simply means...
he has knowledge but u own is greater than his undecided
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by frank317: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

when u hear som1 say that... it means both are fine but one is better than d other

when u tell som1 that ur knowledge starts where his own stopped it simply means...

No that's not what it means. U are giving meaning to something that makes no sense hence u will continue running round and round without saying anything.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

Good then, since prayer is better, what then is the need for medicine Cus am sure when barca takes the gold medal in a match they no longer need the silver medal because the gold is better.

So since prayers are better why not leave medicine then?

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
frank317:

Lol where does medicine stop? The last time I was sick (seven years ogo by the way) I want to hospital and got myself treated. Where exactly does prayer start?

medicine cannot cure u AIDs can only maybe extend d supposed time the person wud av died
but prayer can with faith though!
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

Lolz..
Lemme ask a simple question....
Do you have ANY verifyable and evidence based case of where prayer cured a sick person exclusively...??
My point is this..... Disease is cured by medical intervention, though i must acknowledge that there are limits and these exist due to the state of medical knowledge existing in the world now. There are idiopathic diseases(unknown causes).... Diseases that weren't cured many years ago are now being cured...; hence,medical knowledge improves with time....
I get your point though...
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:
Good then, since prayer is better, what then is the need for medicine Cus am sure when barca takes the gold medal in a match they no longer need the silver medal because the gold is better.

thats y i made my first comment....when u are sick d proper right to do is go for medicine
wen it fails go for prayer.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Lemme address these head on....
Medicine and God's intervention are two mutually exclusive phenomenon....
Strictly speaking, diseases and ailments are cured by medical intervention, which could be drugs or other forms of medical therapy....
This is not to say, that God does not play any role...
Its imperative to note, that drugs have a mechanism of action, which is in no way affected by prayers or all that stuff....
Lets not forget, even Luke, a disciple of Jesus, was a Doctor too.... He understood the importance of medicine in curing diseases.... As much as he had to divide time between his medical practice and attending to Jesus....
It would therefore be folly to fall sick and then refuse to take drugs or go to the hospital, simply cuz of belief....
I therefore cannot draw a distinction between Medicine and God, as to which is more i portant in a diseased patient....
Disease requires medical treatment....
Cheers...

Thanks for your contribution
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by menesheh(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:

I can't imagine where the brain of these niggaz do travel to whenever god issue emerged. Try them in other things aside god and religiosity, you will have a good feel of their reasoning ability.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

thats y i made my first comment....when u are sick d proper right to do is go for medicine
wen it fails go for prayer.

If medicine fails go for a medical test to ascertain what exactly is wrong with you
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by BOWOTO(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
medicine take care, God heals.

Meo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Praying According To The Word – A Key To Effective Prayer. By Pastor Paul Eneche / Why Do Religions Deserve Respect? / This Old God Or No God Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.