Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? (2482 Views)

It's Only God And Apostle Suleman's Wife That Can Condemn Him / How Do One Stay Closer To God And Remain Stedfast In This Endtime? / God And His Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

I can't imagine where the brain of these niggaz do travel to whenever god issue emerged. Try them in other things aside god and religiosity, you will have a good feel of their reasoning ability.
Don't blame anybody for it. . . after all once upon a time we were like that.

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Lolz..
Lemme ask a simple question....
Do you have ANY verifyable and evidence based case of where prayer cured a sick person exclusively...??
My point is this..... Disease is cured by medical intervention, though i must acknowledge that there are limits and these exist due to the state of medical knowledge existing in the world now. There are idiopathic diseases(unknown causes).... Diseases that weren't cured many years ago are now being cured...; hence,medical knowledge improves with time....
I get your point though...

we are still saying d same thing if read my very first comment... wen i said GOd will call u a fool if dont treat urself first
hmmm nawao fresh breath ... cheesy

bro u can argue though.. though i got ur point too
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

I don't believe in ancient myth. I don't pray i deal with only drugs. If i get sick, i seek for medi care.
exactly my point if u read me well

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

i should be the one tell u that or are u blind?
secondly.... ur name , u better bliv that GOD exists else ull be doomed!

Please I opened this Thread so that we will all learn NOT TO call names

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:

If medicine fails go for a medical test to ascertain what exactly is wrong with you

ofcox how can u go for medicine without knowing wats wrong with u in d first place undecided
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by menesheh(m): 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:

I know but in a more consciousness raising and apparent reasoning like this, one should not exhibit such ignorance.

How i wish i encountered these sorts of reasoning and conciousness raising early in life, i could ve been better off.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by hahn(m): 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
menesheh:

I know but in a more consciousness raising and apparent reasoning like this, one should not exhibit such ignorance.

How i wish i encountered these sorts of reasoning and conciousness raising early in life, i could ve been better off.

Better late than never
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by menesheh(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
hahn:

Better late than never

Shaa am still happy for being here. wink
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by hahn(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:

YOU were. Luckily, I was raised by an atheist and I have never been convinced that Jesus died for me. That has to be the most ridiculous thought ever

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by pBuhari(f): 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
hahn:

I have never been convinced that Jesus died for me. That has to be the most ridiculous thought ever

This thread is not meant for you, please
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

i should be the one tell u that or are u blind?
because u should see that the first line on my comment answered d question

secondly.... ur name , u better bliv that GOD exists else ull be doomed!

What does your "hand in hand" have to do with the question that starts with "which is more" ? You were meant to choose an answer, and not to associate your answers.

Is that how you intend to prove to me that god exists? I am above fear, so scare someone else. I would advise you to reinvent your mode of spreading your myth, because many now know your tactic.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by hahn(m): 1:19pm On Jul 05, 2015
pBuhari:

This thread is not meant for you, please

How come? I believe in both orthodox and herbal medicine as a solution to my ailment instead of "god". That is the question, isn't it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Lex11(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
GOD made all things, including the natural ingredients from which medicines are manufactured. What's wrong with pursuing both medicine and the Holy One who supernaturally answers prayer? They are inextricably linked!

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." -John 1:3

"Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord." - 2 Kings 20:5

GOD is The Healer (Exodus 15:26, Deut 32:39, Psalm 103:3... etc).
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

What does your "hand in hand" have to do with the question that starts with "which is more" ? You were meant to choose an answer, and not to associate your answers.

Is that how you intend to prove to me that god exists? I am above fear, so scare someone else. I would advise you to reinvent your mode of spreading your myth, because many now know your tactic.

LMAO... i dint mean to scare anyone, i told u what i felt is right.
bocx u need help. even if uR believe is becox of d difficulties in ur life or somthing
pls dont lose hope n keep blivin in GOD how can u say GOD dont exist undecided
then how did u come into existence....THERE IS GOD!!!!
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by frank317: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

medicine cannot cure u AIDs can only maybe extend d supposed time the person wud av died
but prayer can with faith though!

Pls be real na... How many people do you know have been cured of HIV through prayer?

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 1:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

thats y i made my first comment....when u are sick d proper right to do is go for medicine
wen it fails go for prayer.
Did you really say AIDS could be cured by prayer through faith....
Funny guy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by ekay39(m): 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
My humble opinion:

As christians, everybody is dealt with "the measure of faith" (as written in galatians). If you have been able to build your measure of faith to receive direct healing( through prayers, confessions and all) from GOD, no problems. If your own measure of faith is to use drugs, and you see GOD using those drugs to heal you, no problems too. I believe we are in a faith dispensation.

Don't forget, before david could face goliath he had already killed the bear and the lion. So when he faced goliath, he was able to draw strength from those experiences to defeat goliath. In essence, if your measure of faith now is to fight bear and lions, do it. There would come a time where u will be able to draw strength from those experiences and kill goliath. I don't want to write to a long post.

Just my humble opinion
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

LMAO... i dint mean to scare anyone, i told u what i felt is right.
bocx u need help. even if uR believe is becox of d difficulties in ur life or somthing
pls dont lose hope n keep blivin in GOD how can u say GOD dont exist undecided
then how did u come into existence....THERE IS GOD!!!!

So you have these magical lens that helps you to check people's lives? Stupid us when you only learn from your own experience. Be wise and learn from neighbours' experiences and your environment. God only exists in your mind.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
frank317:

Pls be real na... How many people do you know have been cured of HIV through prayer?

Goodyshoes:

Funny guy..

They always think that they are writing to mumu-s.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
theAtheist101:

They always think that they are writing to mumu-s.
No wonder we have Zero case of AIDS in Nigeria. . .

1 Like

Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Funny guy..
Goodyshoes:

Funny guy..

yes i haave seen one
dont doubt d power of GOD...
iv u have aids patient or if u suffer aids then mail me
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

yes i haave seen one
dont doubt d power of GOD...
iv u have aids patient or if u suffer aids then mail me
Seems I'd have to address this issue explicitly...
Now, understand this, AIDS is caused by HIV, am pretty sure you know that....
Except if you didnt get the full story, As of today's conventional medical knowledge, AIDS is a manageable condition, not permanently curable.... If there has been a case, a single case.... Of permanent cure, it would have been published in peer reviewed scientific papers..... If you happen to know anyone who has HIV/AIDS, kindly advice him to come to the hospital, and not to pay repeated visits to prayer houses.....
You have to understand one thing here, there are physical laws on which these diseases are based, and this would then require physical drugs to treat, not some prayers and similar sruff.....

AIDS has not been treated by prayers, I stand to be corrected on that.....
I further ask you to kindly furnish us with details on the cured HIV/AIDS ..... I hope you understand what youre implying here....

CAVEAT
I believe in God... But i understand the place of medical treatment
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

I'd take it that you've either not had a serious illness, or the story above is incomplete....
Communion, to treat diseases....?
Ridiculous....

Its obvious you didnt understand what he wrote undecided undecided
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hilarious ! Johnnydon22 didnt reply Anas09 shocked shocked shocked shocked . When reality hits you so hard grin grin cool cool cool . You claim God does not exist because there isn't evidence . The best evidence for me is the personal experience . And accusing people of lying when they have personal experiences as regards to healings and blessings from God is just puerile .

Wake up , mr. atheist ... humble yourself and God will show Himself . That's the best advice I can give to you . Your perception about God should change before its too late
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by johnydon22(m): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
Hilarious ! Johnnydon22 didnt reply Anas09 shocked shocked shocked shocked . When reality hits you so hard grin grin cool cool cool . You claim God does not exist because there isn't evidence . The best evidence for me its the personal experience . And accusing people of lying when they have personal experiences as regards to healings and blessings from God is just puerile .
I am not obligated to reply your personal self induced delusion.
I rarely fall sick many a time i have felt sick and gotten better before taking any Orthodox medicine, i for one hate drugs... I have not claimed amadioha was responsible for it because i know it was just the effect of BODY IMMUNE SYSTEM (We all have that smiley)

So replying a self induced delusion like yours and ansa's that depicts an unsubstantiated claim is a blatant waste of time, when people you expect to have had basic education sounds like they haven't.. . . .It i typically below my station and i am way above that wink
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
johnydon22:
I am not obligated to reply your personal self induced delusion.
I rarely fall sick many a time i have felt sick and gotten better before taking any Orthodox medicine, i for one hate drugs... I have not claimed amadioha was responsible for it because i know it was just the effect of BODY IMMUNE SYSTEM (We all have that smiley)

So replying a self induced delusion like yours and ansa's that depicts an unsubstantiated claim is a blatant waste of time, when people you expect to have had basic education sounds like they haven't.. . . .It i typically below my station and i am way above that wink

ok
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 3:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its obvious you didnt understand what he wrote undecided undecided
Kindly explain what I couldnt understand.....
With the emphasis on COMMUNION and SICKNESS....
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by STEVENcrack(m): 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
God can work without medicine but medicine can't work without God.
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Kindly explain what I couldnt understand.....
With the emphasis on COMMUNION and SICKNESS....

Your reply was :
Goodyshoes:

I'd take it that you've either not had a serious illness, or the story above is incomplete....
Communion, to treat diseases....?
Ridiculous....

He is talking about being in divine health whilst experiencing divine healing in the past ... thats 1

As a christian you claim to be , its rather baffling you'd describe a fellow Chistian's experience as "Ridiculous" ... thats 2
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Your reply was :
He is talking about being in divine health whilst experiencing divine healing in the past ... thats 1
As a christian you claim to be , its rather baffling you'd describe a fellow Chistian's experience as "Ridiculous" ... thats 2
Sorry if you misunderstood me....
Get me right, I'm not bordering on the concepts of divine health or divine healing....
All i got interested in, from his post was COMMUNION.....
I didnt quite understand the role it played, had to play in healing or health.....
Thats why i asked, it was out of curiousity....
And secondly, it appeared ridiculous to me, cuz it was my first time of hearing any link whatsoever, between communion and health....
I do not know if there is any link, am interested in knowing though....
Hope yhu understand why i described it as ridiculous.....
It appeared odd....
Howdy
**been reading a couple of your posts**
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Goodyshoes:

Sorry if you misunderstood me....
Get me right, I'm not bordering on the concepts of divine health or divine healing....
All i got interested in, from his post was COMMUNION.....
I didnt quite understand the role it played, had to play in healing or health.....
Thats why i asked, it was out of curiousity....
And secondly, it appeared ridiculous to me, cuz it was my first time of hearing any link whatsoever, between communion and health....
I do not know if there is any link, am interested in knowing though....
Hope yhu understand why i described it as ridiculous.....
It appeared odd....

Oh , I get it. But calling it "ridiculous" was shocking seeing that you are a christian smiley

Communion is of high spiritual importance . He believes in God's power working through it and its evident in his life . So we thank God for that
Howdy
**been reading a couple of your posts**

thanks bro

I'm great and you ? smiley
Re: God And Medicine: Which Is More Reliable And Why? by Goodyshoes(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh , I get it. But calling it "ridiculous" was shocking seeing that you are a christian smiley
Communion is of high spiritual importance . He believes in God's power working through it and its evident in his life . So we thank God for that
thanks bro
I'm great and you ? smiley
I'm good...
Being of high spiritual importance, does not make it a substitute for drugs.....
I do not know of anyone who has been cured by taking communion, i dont know how its spiritual importance, translates to healing/health.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christ's Existence Not Substantiated By Historical Evidence / Praying According To The Word – A Key To Effective Prayer. By Pastor Paul Eneche / Christian Nazi Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.